Home

How to: Dominate rookie progression in CCM

This is a discussion on How to: Dominate rookie progression in CCM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How to: Dominate rookie progression in CCM

Alright guys, this is so simple that most of us overlook it. It takes some effort, but you want to know how to turn those stud draft picks riding the pine into actual superstars?

Before your games each week, put your rookies/2nd string players as starters on the depth chart. Then, go to town at practice for XP! (All players currently receive same XP, but this is being addressed via patch).

Pro tip: Its easier to have this setup as your general roster, and auto-reorder while you're playing your game (chronic simmers excluded)... I like to start the first quarter and a half with my rookie "showcase" set and auto-reorder after I make some goals. Which brings me to...

Don't forget where your biggest gains are, making sure everyone sees 33% of plays during actual games. If you're up big, make sure to swap in the cleanup squad.

As with all of your players, be sure to keep track of your players individual goals, which can net huge xp gains to break them over the hump if you're using them in game situations!

One more small piece: If you don't progress manually, set auto to at LEAST 4 weeks. I prefer manual at 4-6 week intervals, with a min. balance of 10k for attribute increases (consistency, clutch, etc.). If there's a player I particularly like that doesn't have SS progression, I'll pop a few key stats like catch or carry and make sure to hit all weekly/yearly goals and wait until season end to purchase that.

Hope this helps at least one person out!

Last edited by feathercrush; 10-09-2012 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Add-on/expound/concatenate
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How to: Dominate rookie progression in CCM

I'm not sure the roster thing is true at all.

Players receive the same XP whether they practice in the practice game or not, since its not performance based, its based on completion of the scenario.

Looking for some leagues to take our on MSL Competition Team in a mini tournament! Let me know if you are interested.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr8Train
I'm not sure the roster thing is true at all.

Players receive the same XP whether they practice in the practice game or not, since its not performance based, its based on completion of the scenario.
Indeed. I'm not sure what evidence the OP has seen to indicate his strategy works.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #4
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

OVR: 3

I too am not sure if thats entirely accurate(not calling the OP a liar, just saying Im not sure). From what I understand(I could be wrong) individual players dont get XP from practice(coach mode). However I believe(and again, maybe I read wrong)but that is addressed in the up coming patch. I myself manually progress every 4 weeks and players with a min. of 3500 pts
Old 10-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #5
Banned

This is false, as stated above, all players on your roster receive the same amount of XP. This will change with the patch though as what you do in practice gives them XP. For example I have a player injured, and yet he's still getting XP when I play practice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #6
Rookie

Sorry for the miscommunication fellas, what you're saying is correct. However, what I'm saying will also be correct. If you use the roster tweak I mentioned however, it saves a lot of time on auto subs each game and there is wicked progression (especially if you're hitting goals).

Practice + 33% game participation + Goals
Old 10-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #7
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

Can someone elaborate on how the patch will alter the way players get XP during practice?

I was under the impression this was just for PLAYERS controlled by a User. As in a PLAYER CCM. Not players on a Coach's team....

Thoughts?
Old 10-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #8
Rookie

I have a question related to the best way to progress, (my example is young player and not a rookie, but it shouldn't really matter).

If you have a young guy with normal progression and want to increase say 3 or more key stats (my example is Terrelle Pryor, increasing STHA, MTHA and DTHA), is it faster to:

1) pump all of your xp into those stats as you earn it
2) save XP and change DEV to Quick, then use the increased XP to pump the stats
3) save XP and change DEV to Quick, save XP and change DEV to Superstar, then use the (hopefully vastly) increased amount of XP you get to pump the stats.

Basically I guess it boils down to asking whether anyone has tested the actual correlation between the DEV levels and the amount of XP gained.

I mean if I earn (just an example) 5K XP per game at Normal, then 10K XP at Quick, by the time you reach the Superbowl the DEV increase has paid for itself (assuming no practices) and it's pretty clearly worth it unless you need immediate stat boosts. So does anyone have the numbers or a general idea?

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »