Home

FIFA 13 (WHY DO YOU DO THIS EVERY TIME?)

This is a discussion on FIFA 13 (WHY DO YOU DO THIS EVERY TIME?) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-08-2012, 01:41 AM   #1
Rookie

DetailsMakeTheGame's Arena

OVR: 4
Arrow EA Sports FIFA 13 (Too much of this, Too little of that..)

(DISCLAIMER ALERT: IF YOU DON'T CARE HOW THINGS APPEAR or LOOK IN THE GAME THEN YOUR COMMENT IS NOT WANTED OR NEEDED HERE. THANK YOU!)

Let's start with the EASFC Catalog (Store). Actually one of the few good ideas they've added to the game this year, but still found a way to mess it up by filling it with a lot of nothing. Why would i play all these matches gaining XP (coins) just to go spend them on a 1 point boost for my Virtual Pro? Or a stupid bird dance celebration? These types of things just waste space in the store when instead I could be playing towards earning another one of my favorite (international) teams CLASSIC KITS of my favorite (NIKE's) past or present worn by some of my favorite players or how about this...Add some legends to the catalog like Pele / Diego Maradona / Zinedine Zidane / etc. for like 5000 XP coins or something and then let us use them online & offline somehow. On top of that a store's (catalog) inventory is updated weekly, monthly, & yearly. SO HOW OFTEN DOES FIFA PLAN ON UPDATING THEIRS? So, theirs that for you to think about also. And why isn't there a Fifa World Cup mode in the game somewhere? We should be able to play against other users online in a tournament type format similar to the way the online season is set up in FIFA 13. (Oh, i forgot you much rather get an additional 60 bucks every 4 years instead) And while were on the subject of the World Cup, we should be able to select our International team roster prior to an online match, because not having a particular country's best players available is a joke, (for ex: right now if i go play a with Brazil or France online right now Robinho, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Julio Cesar, Nasiri, Thiery Henry, etc. are not on the teams active roster ) and that makes the experience boring & not as fun as it should be. Things like this would add much needed depth and excitement to the game. Much more so than any "new" old collision engine, or goal celebration you try and woo us with like its new to the sport. It's suppose to be "in the game" ea remember? OK now, moving along............................................. .........

First off let me start by saying I'm not completely sure who's fault it is (EA or The Other Brands) when it comes to some of the most popular (NIKE) boots past and present not being featured in the game year after year or better yet being falsely advertised to us in early release screenshots, trailers, & demos with no fair warning that when the actual game comes out that they will be taken away and replaced by unusable versions we never even seen or cared for in the first place. This year it was the Euro 2012 "clash colorways", some Mercurials & Tiempos amongst a long list of others that was not included. The least you can do is let us EDIT the colors ourselves in the attempt of hopefully having something similar to what the REAL LIFE PLAYER actually wears majority of the time on match day, instead of your repeated failed attempts of putting either the wrong colorway or wrong brand on our favorite players.. Do you guys even wonder why some people actually prefer Pro Evolution Soccer over FIFA sometimes? (CUSTOMIZATION maybe? ) You might want to look into that......(It get's very annoying when "our" favorite team(s) or player(s) actual likeness is constantly misrepresented by your development team.......this along with a lot of other things may be the leading cause of why most of the detail related problems become so obvious to (us)......And what's the deal with you guys and not showing the players tattoos? EA don't seem to have a problem with including them in other titles like (NBA live) but when it comes to FIFA they tend to ignore them altogether. Guys like David Beckham & Raul Meireles have there entire sleeves done while others like Fernando Torres and Zlatan Ibrahimovic have just a few here or their. A good start would be giving everyone with a "gameface" there actual tattoos. This is Fifa 13 not Fifa 96 things like player likeness and accessories should go hand & hand when re-creating whats actually seen by Futbol aficionados and viewers alike who can easily tell the difference. How can your motto/slogan be "IF IT'S IN THE GAME, IT's (should be) IN THE GAME" When more than half of the time i cant even recognize your version of some of soccer's most popular players. Either that or you just routinely leave out certain aspects of what really goes on in the sports world all together. At this point money should not be an issue when it comes to making your product as authentic as it possibly can be. It makes no sense what so ever for you to have at least 30+ pairs of ADDIDAS boots, and only maybe 3 to 5 pairs of NIKE boots (if that many) and on top of that half of them are locked or hidden or given to no name players (wheres the logic in that?) I mean seriously, you guys sold 1 million copies of Fifa 13 in it's opening week at $60+ a piece. That's a $70 million dollar profit in the span of 5 to 7 days! And that was just in the U.S. alone. A place where Soccer is maybe 4th or 5th on the national popularity list behind the NFL/NBA/MLB & NHL leagues here. So i can't even imagine the sells so far in places like the U.K. where Soccer is #1 compared to the other sports. EA Sports needs to stop being so ($) bottom line driven an invest more money into their own products (meaning acquiring the necessary licenses to use all of the correct brands, stadiums, & leagues, to ensure a complete and accurate product every single year.) Don't let dumb licensing deals ruin the authenticy and realism of the game. That's the BIG difference between you (EA Sports ) (2KSports ) & (Konami ). The ladder 2 take what there consumers say seriously and it shows in every new game they release. PES release boot-pack updates at least once a month, while FIFA has yet to ever do such a thing.. and NBA 2k lapped NBA live so many times it had to cancel this years edition, and y'all still haven't learned y'all lesson.. The only reason Madden is still alive is because NFL 2K took a break. (that's a fact!) But, what's even worse is how non of your moderators can even show there Avatar faces on the EA forums without getting a curse word hurled there way because of lack of community support and responses to our problems & concerns. Since at least Fifa 09 there has been tons of great ideas suggested by die hard FIFA fans (on your forums & everywhere else Fifa games is the topic of discussion) practically begging for more authentic visual REALISM & GAME-PLAY additions and you have just been ignoring them taking the money and the few actual things we did like about past versions away and replacing them with more of your own "bright ideas".. Like taking Virtual Pro out of Manager mode, not having a Boot (color) Editor, not having a option for "Tech Fit" kits for all players (in stead of just given Arjen Robben one), and not being able to edit player accessories (boots,kits,short socks,etc.) for online matches... And why can't we after the 100th thousandth time asking switch our shirts / shorts & socks / separately when selecting which kits we want to play in We really would appreciate some originality / individuality between players and teams on the pitch once in a while you know, instead of everyone running around looking and reacting exactly the same. (All the player models are shaped the same, every players running style looks the same, even all the players dribbling styles look the same! There is NO type of obvious on pitch personality traits to differentiate this player from that player at all. For example players like Ronaldo should use step overs and fancy dribbles a lot more than other players, drawing cards from angry challengers who cant keep up, while a player like Rooney should noticeably be moving all over the field on defense and offense with high energy & stamina, while a player like Balotelli should more often than not be in some type of mix up with other players & showed complaining & gesturing a lot usually drawing yellow cards etc.) Also these players change there hairstyles quite often so this should also be worked into the frequent game updates somehow for us to choose from both on & offline. These are the type of simple things you guys at "EA" have constantly been ignoring for years for some strange reason or you'll be headed in that direction then change course drastically the very next year and it drives "gamers" like me completely crazy. I know perfect game-play is a challenge that may never be met, but things like getting the look(s) and list of options right through out the game & on the field should be much easier & quicker to accomplish am i right..

Last edited by DetailsMakeTheGame; 10-09-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
Rookie

T.O.'s Arena

OVR: 5
Re: FIFA 13 (WHY DO YOU DO THIS EVERY TIME?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailsMakeTheGame
am i right..
I'd say you are for the biggest part.

It is true that EA manages to build you up and then break you down...at least a little bit. Let's still be fair when we say that Fifa 13 is a great step forward again in comparison to Fifa 12. But most of us have the feeling that the step could've been even greater. You've touched some spots there in which we would all agree.

Just like you, I'm a sucker for the realism. If I saw it on the pitch a couple of hours before, I want to see it that way again when I play Fifa. One of the biggest f***-ups was not putting the biggest, most beautiful (many will disagree, I'll get back on this real soon) stadium Camp Nou in the game. Sure, there were problems with the license. Pay them more! You're friggin' EA Sports, the most wealthy franchise in the world! In previous Fifa's, playing with my pro as a goalkeeper or midfielder for Atlético Madrid, the Nou Camp was one of my favorite places to visit with the pink-purple sky of the sun going down. They did a great job there...and suddenly: EA Sports... It's NOT in the game ANYMORE. Majorly messed up!

And like you said, with customised animations of Balotelli smack talking to other players, Ronaldo dribbling the **** out of everyone with his stepovers, and not with Messi-esque dribbling that we are seeing in this year's Fifa. Include his 'Calm-down' celebration which he's been using for the past year...I mean he does it EVERY F***NG TIME! How on earth could you miss that?

This leads us to how you experience the game. One thing, and one thing only stands out. MORE. REAL. STADIUMS. I could, right now, make up a list of stadiums that have to be in the game for their beauty, history or size. Imagine moving away from those generic stadiums (they're designed very nicely, but get boring after a while) and into one of these babies:

Estadio Dragao - FC Porto

Estadio Municipal de Braga - Braga SC (yes people, that is a mountain to your right)

St Jakob Park - FC Basel

BayArena - Bayer Leverkusen (I mean...LOOK AT THAT!)

Lille stade métropole - Lille OSC. Brand spankin' new...really expected this one

Celtic Park - Celtic FC

I can go on like this for ages. And why not put some old legendary stadiums in the store as well? The old Delle Alpi, the old Olympic stadium of Munich, old Wembley, ...

England has 7 unique stadiums in Fifa. Italy and Spain only 3. Maybe they just need to realise that people also play football in other parts of the world.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.
I'd say you are for the biggest part.

It is true that EA manages to build you up and then break you down...at least a little bit. Let's still be fair when we say that Fifa 13 is a great step forward again in comparison to Fifa 12. But most of us have the feeling that the step could've been even greater. You've touched some spots there in which we would all agree.

Just like you, I'm a sucker for the realism. If I saw it on the pitch a couple of hours before, I want to see it that way again when I play Fifa. One of the biggest f***-ups was not putting the biggest, most beautiful (many will disagree, I'll get back on this real soon) stadium Camp Nou in the game. Sure, there were problems with the license. Pay them more! You're friggin' EA Sports, the most wealthy franchise in the world! In previous Fifa's, playing with my pro as a goalkeeper or midfielder for Atlético Madrid, the Nou Camp was one of my favorite places to visit with the pink-purple sky of the sun going down. They did a great job there...and suddenly: EA Sports... It's NOT in the game ANYMORE. Majorly messed up!

And like you said, with customised animations of Balotelli smack talking to other players, Ronaldo dribbling the **** out of everyone with his stepovers, and not with Messi-esque dribbling that we are seeing in this year's Fifa. Include his 'Calm-down' celebration which he's been using for the past year...I mean he does it EVERY F***NG TIME! How on earth could you miss that?

This leads us to how you experience the game. One thing, and one thing only stands out. MORE. REAL. STADIUMS. I could, right now, make up a list of stadiums that have to be in the game for their beauty, history or size. Imagine moving away from those generic stadiums (they're designed very nicely, but get boring after a while) and into one of these babies:

Estadio Dragao - FC Porto

Estadio Municipal de Braga - Braga SC (yes people, that is a mountain to your right)

St Jakob Park - FC Basel

BayArena - Bayer Leverkusen (I mean...LOOK AT THAT!)

Lille stade métropole - Lille OSC. Brand spankin' new...really expected this one

Celtic Park - Celtic FC

I can go on like this for ages. And why not put some old legendary stadiums in the store as well? The old Delle Alpi, the old Olympic stadium of Munich, old Wembley, ...

England has 7 unique stadiums in Fifa. Italy and Spain only 3. Maybe they just need to realise that people also play football in other parts of the world.
Yeh why put in White Hart lane when even Spurs want to get OUT of that place.........

I can understand not having portugese stadiums in with the Pro Evo License, but why do they flood it with Premier League stadiums, in fact, the whole bias towards the premier league is pretty lame actually, they don't even have Serie A in there properly......

Also to the OP the reason they don't have those Nike boots in that colourway is because they were for the Euros, they have new coloursways (which is in the game) for all of those boots, its just some players havent switched over to them yet
Old 10-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
Rookie

DetailsMakeTheGame's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyfantastic
Also to the OP the reason they don't have those Nike boots in that colourway is because they were for the Euros, they have new coloursways (which is in the game) for all of those boots, its just some players havent switched over to them yet

Yeah, that may be the case but as of right now I still see players wearing the "clash colorways". Not everyplayer switches to a new boot every time a new one is released Some just prefer certain styles over others whether it be superstition or just that players on personal preference like (Robin Van Persie) who prefers the old (Addidas Predators) he wore with Arsenal instead of the newer ones they have out now. (and he's actually signed to addidas) But I understand your point. I was just using the "euro" boots as an example of how (EA) just take the option for us to choose away completely. Just give us a more choices to select from and a boot (color) editor like in NBA 2k and this problem could be solved easily.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #5
Pro

laxman490's Arena

OVR: 6

are those nike boots in career mode? i think they are in "play now" games if i remember correctly - havent played an exhibition since i got the game. just played a career game with arsenal and no one had those boots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #6
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Aren't they putting a lot of really cool boots in the EASFC catalog?

It seems to me they're going with the DLC model for these features, which is an endlessly debatable model of modern gaming.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #7
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

i dont want to come off as an *** but i just dont get you equipment guys. for example i see cr7 or messi score some goal completely out of this world and like most people i am in awe over what they just did.

what goes through your guys minds? wow i really like the way his socks fit around his legs and his boots look sooo cool, why cant fifa replicate this ?!

guys seriously help me understand this
Old 10-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #8
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

I admit that I do like a nice selection of boots, but the rest of it is lost on me.

Short sleeve, long sleeve, tucked in or not? Also, sock length? WTF. Ohhhh, how about ankle tape? Only weirdos like Balotelli or the Swiss wear gloves and the latter do so because they're freezing their arses off!

Let's face it. With the exception of boots, when it comes to apparel most footballers look the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »