Home

MAJOR Defensive Issues In This Game

This is a discussion on MAJOR Defensive Issues In This Game within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MAJOR Defensive Issues In This Game

I love 2k13 and I feel like it is a major improvement in alot of areas from 2k12. However, Defense was clearly not a focus like they said it would be this year. On-Ball D was improved slightly, yes. But there is HARDLY ANY contact at all during dunks or layups under the rim. This is the biggest flaw in the entire game to me. Shot blockers and great defensive big man are just about useless because no matter how good they are at blocking shots, once the dunk Animation has started, it no longer matters what the defender does. I have dunked all over guys like Javelle McGee and Tyson Chandler with PGs like Ty Lawson or Jeff Teague. This needs to be fixed immediately. Even if they have to go back to the canned animation blocks that were in 2k12; some contact is better than none!

Also, why are players with mediocre inside ratings that are undersized, able to go in and make every single layup underneath the rim. There should never be a time where I can go up at the same time with a 6 FT point guard against a 7 footer and get an easy bucket with no contact at all. Cheap buckets like this truly take the competition out of online play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: MAJOR Defensive Issues In This Game

They will have to fix this next year. This is one of those major fixes that you dont see in patches. Basically the game needs more physics. For example, even if a guy is going on for a dunk if I make contact with him...aggressive contact...his shot is going to be altered in some way. That still doesnt happen and it needs too.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
Rookie

Agreed. What I dont understand is why they wouldnt keep some of the contact animations from 2k12, they weren't perfect but they were certainly much better than seeing your defender slide backwards in the air from the dunker.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #4
Pro

yungsta404's Arena

I agree its waaayyy too easy to score in the paint with just about everyone.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:02 AM   #5
Rookie

Hopefully some type of slider adjustment can cut down on this. At least that way, online league gameplay can be a little better. But regular games against friends are almost unplayable because of so many buckets the defense cant do anything about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 02:25 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
I agree its waaayyy too easy to score in the paint with just about everyone.
Its also way too easy to get into the paint with just about anyone.

Last edited by belikemike; 10-08-2012 at 02:27 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:59 AM   #7
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze412
Hopefully some type of slider adjustment can cut down on this. At least that way, online league gameplay can be a little better. But regular games against friends are almost unplayable because of so many buckets the defense cant do anything about.
Yep the onball d sucks online or vs friends. I thought this was a focus this yr, guess nt. The Lt makes you way slow but its the only way to stay in control an nt slide.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:11 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

Yes. It's kind of bizarre that they advertised a new collision system as a main feature this year-- and it looks good when it happens, except it rarely does.

It actually turns off for the cases that need good collision animations the most-- when players gather a head of steam, and start a dunk or layup animation into a defensive big man.

I like that players don't get stopped by minor contact this year and sometimes contort around the defender, but I would take ugly, repetitive contact animations to stop dunks rather than no animation at all and having your "Defensive Anchor" slid out of the way.

Without a patch or slider adjustments, the game play is often (usually?) even more frustrating and arcadey than ever this year. It feels so close to being very, very good, with so much going for it, but the flaws are becoming glaring again. I don't quite understand why basic issues like these aren't detected in testing and addressed on release every year.

Last edited by Sundown; 10-08-2012 at 07:14 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »