Home

PS3: My Career Freezing Issues

This is a discussion on PS3: My Career Freezing Issues within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #1
Rookie

Jonboy's Arena

OVR: 0
PS3: My Career Freezing Issues

I'm 16 games in on MyCareer with the Celtics. This freezing just started happening last hame of November against the Blazers. It'll load up the game when you go to start and then will freeze just as it would normally say press X to play. I tried 5 or 6 times restarting my PS3, it would only let me play last time after I did a GM meeting and requested trade. Now it's doing it again the very next game.

I'm pissed. I don't care what's your opinion on it, but I've spent $20 on this career in VC and I am NOT going to lose these points just because the damn file is corrupted or something. If that's the case I want my money back. So pissed...

Has anyone else had these problems on PS3?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2012, 11:09 PM   #2
Rookie

Jonboy's Arena

Re: PS3: My Career Freezing Issues

I'm gonna try simming to next key match up to see if it knocks the glitch that's making it freeze out. Doubt it, and I really wanted to play every game, but....

Maybe all of us suffering from freezing problems should harass Jay Z on Twitter over it. At least I would get some satisfaction out of the problem.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:25 AM   #3
Just started!

Hey man, Id been having the the same issue on my Playstation 3. everytime when I go to My Career mode and play the next game, it freeze when the game is loading and the starting line up is shown. Right about the time when the word loading should change and say "Press X to play" the game freeze up. I notice that if yoave any shoes in the game it will freeze up the My Career loading screen. You will have to go to the Playstation home screen and delet the game utility. Don't delete your game file though. Once you load up the game and they ask you to install the update again. My Career should work. This really suck because you can't save the shoes or install the NBA All Star add on because the my career would freeze again. They need to patch up this.game.badly.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:09 AM   #4
Rookie

Jonboy's Arena

Thank you! Finally a reply. I've had the all star content the whole time and didn't have freezing issues until a few games in. I'm sitting here trying to remember when I got the Nike deal... I don't think my shoes did it. I may be wrong on that, but there is definitely something screwy with the PS3 version.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
Rookie

Damn, I also got this glitch. I can't play next game.
It always freezed when the loading MyCareer Game info.
Sometimes I delete the v1.01 data and change a shoe it works,
but not always work.

I'm afraid of this glitch may hurt my PS3 due to forcing shutdown...
I don't use twitter may someone tweet Ronnie2K??

Last edited by recky04; 10-16-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

My game recently started freezing, im about 6 games in on my career mode on one file and 14 in on another file and i get the same issue on both. game will play fine all the way up until they show my team's (raptors) upcoming schedule, that triggers the freeze. if it is the opposing team's upcoming schedule its not problem, but anytime its mine it automatically freezes, didn't start doing this until yesterday 10/15. i deleted my game info and it fixed the issue for 1 game, then started messing up once again. i did create a custom shoe in game after playing my first game with no issue, could possibly be that.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #7
Rookie

I'm having this issue too. Any fixes? I've contacted 2K several times and it's been no help. This is the 3rd time its happened to me. First my SG that was 10 games in, then my SF 12 games in, now my C at just 2 games in.

Very frustrating. Basically wasted all the VC I earned since the game came out.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #8
Just started!

Ive had the smae problem it always freezes when its about to say "press x to continue" sometimes it works but its a rare occasion when it does work, also i just got a new disc today a the same problem happens. so you arent the only one but im so pissed my player is so good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »