Home

Did I make Cavs Worse(er) or better

This is a discussion on Did I make Cavs Worse(er) or better within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-04-2012, 01:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Did I make Cavs Worse(er) or better

Posted something similar on the 2k forums but want to get a second opinion here.

Anyway my association team is the Cavs and the first thing I did was sign some free agents. I picked up Damion James, Alonzo Gee and Michael Red. After two games I lost so I made a 3 team trade. I picked up Wilson Chandlier and got a 2nd round pick. I got rid of Daniel Gibson and Luke Walton. Also a draft pick. Since I traded Gibson I signed Gilbert Arenas. So my team now looks like this.

PG Irving/Arenas/Pargo
SG Waiters/Redd
SF Chandler/James/Gee/CJ Miles
PF Thompson/Samuels/Harangody
C Varejao/Zellar

I will probably trade CJ Miles. I was told I should try and get a better power forward or center. How good are these changes for the Cavs? And what else should I be looking for?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 01:44 AM   #2
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Did I make Cavs Worse(er) or better

When I saw the title of this thread, I was going to bash you because I thought your roster would look something like this...

Kyrie Irving /
Paul George / Jason Terry
LeBron James / Michael Beasley
Lamarcus Aldridge /
Roy Hibbert

So I give you MAJOR props for being realistic lol.

As far as the roster, I like it, especially the pickup of Wilson, (another realistic pickup) I would possibly get rid of Gee and Harangody before I get rid of CJ.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:53 AM   #3
Rookie

ondreythegiant's Arena

OVR: 4

Headed in a nice direction. Don't get rid of Gee, he's a part of the young core we're building. Honestly, the next move I would make is look for a decent package to send Varejao somewhere.

Subscribe and follow!
Old 10-04-2012, 04:41 AM   #4
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

get a PF that can shoot the mid range or 3 since TT and AV can't do it and will be clogging up the paint. You can also do what I've been doing in start Samuels with AV and bring TT and Zeller together. Also never really watch CJ Miles play but he's bad in 2K. I always have a horrible shooting percentage with him.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:41 AM   #5
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by con100
Posted something similar on the 2k forums but want to get a second opinion here.

Anyway my association team is the Cavs and the first thing I did was sign some free agents. I picked up Damion James, Alonzo Gee and Michael Red. After two games I lost so I made a 3 team trade. I picked up Wilson Chandlier and got a 2nd round pick. I got rid of Daniel Gibson and Luke Walton. Also a draft pick. Since I traded Gibson I signed Gilbert Arenas. So my team now looks like this.

PG Irving/Arenas/Pargo
SG Waiters/Redd
SF Chandler/James/Gee/CJ Miles
PF Thompson/Samuels/Harangody
C Varejao/Zellar

I will probably trade CJ Miles. I was told I should try and get a better power forward or center. How good are these changes for the Cavs? And what else should I be looking for?

The team looks pretty good an realistic, as noted above. I started an Association with the Cavs and put Zeller starting over Varejao making the NBA's "Kid Line" with Irving, Waiters, and Zeller. I will more than likely make some trades but want to see how this all plays out before I make any moves.

I think you are on the right path with that lineup.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2012, 02:20 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
Thanks for the feedback. Still have some work to do. I either suck at the game or I don't have a good lineup right now. I'm 0-5 now. I'm going to go with the me sucking at the game option though lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-05-2012, 03:55 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

Yeah I'm playing with them too they suck really badly, I'm 0-6 myself.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:47 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
I like the moves.. Idk how 2K13 is but on 2K12 I would never trade Alonzo Gee, dude was a stud and only got better

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »