Home

Can we have real contracts patched into MyCareer?

This is a discussion on Can we have real contracts patched into MyCareer? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13
Can we have real contracts patched into MyCareer?

Please? It's incredibly silly to see my guy getting paid in fake gold coins. I'm not saying get rid of VC...maybe we can buy packs of VC with the money we earn from contracts.

But this was a well intended idea, but not thought out too well. I mean...if they want to make sure they keep getting micro-transactions, then figure out some way to regulate the number of coins you can buy with in-game contract money.

Something, anything, please.

When we're negotiating our new deals, are we gonna be asking for the bigger cereal boxes because maybe there'll be more coins at the bottom?

I know I'm ranting, but come on....even tho it's a virtual "world," and it's obviously not real money...a 2 year contract at 576 gold coins a year? Lol, what?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 06:17 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Can we have real contracts patched into MyCareer?

I have not started my career yet. To verify, there are no longer monetary contracts being signed by MyPlayers? It's all Mario coins? Is there at least an option to switch to Sonic rings?
Old 10-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
MVP

d11king's Arena

I agree, the VC is still something I'm not sure how I feel about.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I have not started my career yet. To verify, there are no longer monetary contracts being signed by MyPlayers? It's all Mario coins? Is there at least an option to switch to Sonic rings?
Mario coins, or the team gives you skill points. But I'm not even gonna get started on that one.

I read that if you start your MyCareer offline, it "switches" from VC. I figured it went to monetary contracts, but then I saw that the Raptors were offering me skill points, I was sitting there like:

I mean...this makes absolutely no sense in even the most remote way imaginable.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
They wanted a way to connect everything in the game with. The more you play, the more rewards you get. I understand it and not too upset by it like some are. Sure it seems annoying, but in a couple of weeks of playing time and nobody will likely complain because they will be unlocking and updating their my player like they want. It's the grinding that you have to do like your playing WOW that I understand people's frustration with it.

Come get and join in the BETA and help make InGame the next big thing!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary1022
They wanted a way to connect everything in the game with. The more you play, the more rewards you get. I understand it and not too upset by it like some are. Sure it seems annoying, but in a couple of weeks of playing time and nobody will likely complain because they will be unlocking and updating their my player like they want. It's the grinding that you have to do like your playing WOW that I understand people's frustration with it.

That's the problem we play sports game to play sports game and expect real life sports features to go with it. We don't want some grinding feeling RPG element in the game, Give me back money contracts and earning skill points for doing drills
Old 10-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary1022
It was a grind to get better in 2K12. My guy still had a monetary contract, while I earned skill points. Lord knows it was a grind to get better in MLB: The Show...and I earned separate skill points, in Madden...you get a contract, and you earn separate skill points.

I would love to see someone take a bag of golden skittles to Kobe and say "in lue of a pay check" and see how far they get with that sentence.

If it's all about realism...lets not "pay" players with a currency that you also earn by making a basket.

Last edited by nuckles2k2; 10-03-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm suddenly intrigued. Is there at least a Scrooge McDuck coin pit we can unlock once we reach stardom?

DLC exclusive?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »