Home

Offensive Rebounds a Problem?

This is a discussion on Offensive Rebounds a Problem? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-03-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Offensive Rebounds a Problem?

I've only played a few vs games with my friends online, and a few against the CPU, but in almost all of those games there were at least 15-20 offensive rebounds per team in each of the games I played. This was in 12 min quarters. The best team in the league with offensive rebounds last year was the Bulls with 13.9 per game. My sample size is small, so I'm asking you all if it's been an issue for you?

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/te...ensiveRebounds
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Offensive Rebounds a Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubz
I've only played a few vs games with my friends online, and a few against the CPU, but in almost all of those games there were at least 15-20 offensive rebounds per team in each of the games I played. This was in 12 min quarters. The best team in the league with offensive rebounds last year was the Bulls with 13.9 per game. My sample size is small, so I'm asking you all if it's been an issue for you?

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/te...ensiveRebounds
I think it's an AI issue more than a Rebounding issue. In my association there are way too many Offensive boards. But in my My player (I play a center) I only give up maybe 4 or 5 a game. I just think the AI fails to box out.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
Pro

BRxSKINSx's Arena

OVR: 18

It's pretty crazy wit this offensive rebounds in 3 v 3 Blacktop Games.... It's like me or my team has no chance of getting em.... Teams get 3,4, sometimes 5 chances which is crazy.... I'm not really complaining.... Just saying....

Gamertag BR xSKINSx
Quote:
Originally Posted by green225
no crew again? really? i'd put my hand through a window right now if i didn't have to deal with the aftermath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
CREW MODE is like Retro Air Jordans. & Pick Up Games are like a pair of Shaqs from Walmart.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #4
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Try putting fastbreak to 0 and have your guards go help rebound. Remember to box out as well!

I have seen a lot of offensive rebounds too, but nothing too crazy. A lot of people that play don't even box out and have their fastbreak on 100.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Pace might be an issue as well. The more shots go up, the more missed shots, the more offensive rebounds. I'd look at ORB% rather than raw rebound numbers. Average ORB% last year was 27%
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #6
Rookie

thelakeshow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krodis
Pace might be an issue as well. The more shots go up, the more missed shots, the more offensive rebounds. I'd look at ORB% rather than raw rebound numbers. Average ORB% last year was 27%
This.

You have to remember, NBA teams in real life player at a slower pace, so they are going to average less rebounds a game, because less shots are going up. Like he said its all about pace. If you play at a faster pace, your putting up more shots, which creates more opportunites for offensive rebounds, for you. And because your playing at a faster pace, your giving the CPU more possessions and more opportunities to put up more shots, which increases the chances for offensive rebounds. Like the above posters stated; you should try boxing out, adjust your coaching sliders, and you if your playing guard, help you bigs defensive rebound.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #7
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

I have offensive rebound slider set to 40 for both hum and CPU....its a bit better but I'm still seeing my guards out rebounding my bigs stats wise...
Old 10-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #8
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I have offensive rebound slider set to 40 for both hum and CPU....its a bit better but I'm still seeing my guards out rebounding my bigs stats wise...
Not at home to test Goffs, thelakeShow, etc. but based on Krodis rebound % find could you guys test Off Rebound at 27 and defensive at 73-both human and cpu(In doing sliders I've always tried finding the other trait that is the ying to the others yang and make sure they add up to 100(perfect zero?)- In this case off/def boards). curious to see what you see then.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »