Home

if you play basketball in real life.......

This is a discussion on if you play basketball in real life....... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
if you play basketball in real life.......

You'll love this game plane and simple. I love how they slowed the game down and the right stick dribbling gives you full control. They took out all the easy ways to score and you actually have to play ball to score.

My friend was over last night trying to change the controls back to how they used to be smh I'm glad 2k didn't let him. STOP LOOKING FOR THE EASY WAY OUT!! Learn how to play and think the game through its not much different than real life.

Then he sucked so bad on defense all that reaching trying to steal the ball so I just kept going to the whole for lay ups and he complained about the defense so he went 1 3 1 smh I bought the shooters out and killed him!

Next he tried to tap y y to do that spin cheese DIDN'T WORK! glad they took that out.

If you don't think this is the best bball game ever or have the most control over what's going on you just don't know basketball and want to cheese smh learn how to play and stop complaining
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: if you play basketball in real life.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by drose_fan
You'll love this game plane and simple. I love how they slowed the game down and the right stick dribbling gives you full control. They took out all the easy ways to score and you actually have to play ball to score.

My friend was over last night trying to change the controls back to how they used to be smh I'm glad 2k didn't let him. STOP LOOKING FOR THE EASY WAY OUT!! Learn how to play and think the game through its not much different than real life.

Then he sucked so bad on defense all that reaching trying to steal the ball so I just kept going to the whole for lay ups and he complained about the defense so he went 1 3 1 smh I bought the shooters out and killed him!

Next he tried to tap y y to do that spin cheese DIDN'T WORK! glad they took that out.

If you don't think this is the best bball game ever or have the most control over what's going on you just don't know basketball and want to cheese smh learn how to play and stop complaining
Spin is still in the game, just a different button now. It's circle circle on PS3 not sure what that translates to on Xbox. Play a game on MyTEAM and you'll see.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornBetter
Spin is still in the game, just a different button now. It's circle circle on PS3 not sure what that translates to on Xbox. Play a game on MyTEAM and you'll see.
So does that just kill the game for you?
Old 10-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #4
Pro

chris11sg's Arena

OVR: 11
This is true!!!! If you don't know real ball you might have some trouble this year. I can't wait to play my cheesing *** homeboy this year lol

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Follow me!- www.twitter.com/chris11sg
Old 10-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris11sg
This is true!!!! If you don't know real ball you might have some trouble this year. I can't wait to play my cheesing *** homeboy this year lol

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
Lol its gone be funny how sorry they are, my homeboy kept going to the whole blowin contested lay ups. Then he had Durant at the 4 and wondered why I was killing him on the glass!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by drose_fan
So does that just kill the game for you?
Nah, fortunately it seems like the animation has been toned down. Defender contact in this game is pretty good so you can just hop step and spin move your way into the paint at will. Lots of dudes I've played online will try this crap and they get hammered if the paint is clogged or there is a good defender down there.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #7
MVP

stlpimpmonsta's Arena

OVR: 11

Did this really need its own thread? Impressions go into one thread.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I hate the impressions and q n a thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »