Home

Keep this in mind...

This is a discussion on Keep this in mind... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Keep this in mind...

Every year a new NBA2K comes out this forum is flooded with "this game sucks" and "why did they change this" or "why didn't they update this"? Believe me, I know where all of you are coming from because I went through the same thing last year with 2K12. I bought it on release and was ready to trade it in immediately because of all the problems it had on first release. Let me reiterate that, FIRST release.

I'm no game programmer but I am a web developer. Trust me when I say that first releases are never 100%, especially when you have a deadline. If the 2K developers had all the time in the world then yeah, we should expect nothing less than perfection. However, someone obviously higher up the food chain has had them program a whole new gameplay system (essentially) and implement all these new features within a deadline. Of course the game isn't going to be anywhere near perfect.

Don't get me wrong, everyone has the right to complain and I've seen a lot of valid complaints. But I've also seen a lot of people blowing their lids over the first release of this game. 2K12 was utter **** on release day, then several patches later it got better and better. Have faith guys, I know it's hard but hopefully a lot of the stuff posted in these forums can and will be patched.

Just my two cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Keep this in mind...

Good point. They have a hard dead line.

On the other side if people aren't vocal then they don't get the fixes they want.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #3
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

I don't mind the complaining as long as its organized. No need for like 30 threads about the scoreboard bug or the glitch with VC in marketplace. Mods have been doing a good job of keeping things organized.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #4
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

I've come to be accepting and understand of launch day bugs and glitches but not frustrating design decisions. The Auto Save thing has made making draft classes and editing rostersi n Association a pure nightmare lol

Last edited by kjjnesb; 10-03-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:40 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 3

I'm sorry but having a deadline is no excuse for major bugs on release. If someone is running a fast food place, they wouldn't serve a half cooked burger just to cut down on wait time for customers.

If deadlines are the cause of releasing a complete game with bugs, well how about starting earlier. This post isn't pointed at 2k but at the notion of the deadline excuse.

How much would it cost a company to complete the game a month early and hire 10 people on a 2 week contract to only play a certain mode and report back with bugs etc?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by demfl
I'm sorry but having a deadline is no excuse for major bugs on release. If someone is running a fast food place, they wouldn't serve a half cooked burger just to cut down on wait time for customers.

If deadlines are the cause of releasing a complete game with bugs, well how about starting earlier. This post isn't pointed at 2k but at the notion of the deadline excuse.

How much would it cost a company to complete the game a month early and hire 10 people on a 2 week contract to only play a certain mode and report back with bugs etc?
Are you seriously comparing a fast food place to programming a video game? Do you think Windows was completely bug free when they released it? I remember when XP came out and they were presenting it to the public and they got a blue screen of death. **** happens is all I'm trying to say. When you work with technology you learn to understand this.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #7
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornBetter
Are you seriously comparing a fast food place to programming a video game? Do you think Windows was completely bug free when they released it? I remember when XP came out and they were presenting it to the public and they got a blue screen of death. **** happens is all I'm trying to say. When you work with technology you learn to understand this.
It was Windows 98, actually. And even then, to be fair, it was a very early build.

Anyway, yeah, hard deadlines suck.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
It was Windows 98, actually. And even then, to be fair, it was a very early build.
My bad, at least I got the OS right lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »