Home

CCM QB- awful running game

This is a discussion on CCM QB- awful running game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
Rookie

tebowtime15's Arena

OVR: 0
CCM QB- awful running game

Has anyone found the settings/slider set if you are playing as a QB in CCM? Ive tried numerous sets and my running backs always look as if they are running blindfolded. I have yet to have a game where my running back even sniffs a 100 yards. I played through a whole year and Fred Jackson average 2.1 yards per carry.
Orlando Magic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #2
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
I agree it is terrible. Between that and the crazy trading and signing my AI controlled coach was doing, I had to quit my player CCM and just go the franchise route.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Nashville Predators
Old 10-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: CCM QB- awful running game

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebowtime15
Has anyone found the settings/slider set if you are playing as a QB in CCM? Ive tried numerous sets and my running backs always look as if they are running blindfolded. I have yet to have a game where my running back even sniffs a 100 yards. I played through a whole year and Fred Jackson average 2.1 yards per carry.

I am also a ccm qb. After 4 years I have landed on these settings for the run game. They may look a little extreme, but the AI running back is so stupid that these settings barely make up for it. all other settings are default.

player run blocking at 75 - 100,
cpu run reaction time at 0.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

I am playing as QB of the Falcons and I agree. Turner can only average around 3 ypc and that's against the worst defenses. I have a question about player CCM's as well, is anyone else having trouble when simming on defense? My Falcons D never gets a stop and can't hold anyone under 400 yards of offense. I have the worst rated d in the league and the Falcons have far too many good players on that side of the ball for that to happen. Is this a bug that occurs when you sim on D?
Old 10-03-2012, 01:56 PM   #5
I am Batmoose

MooseBoyJ's Arena

OVR: 6

Yea I'm Luck. Brown is not amazing but he averages 1.2 ypc. Straight Crap
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #6
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

They don't see the holes that we see, that's the problem. They don't try and bounce it to the outside of the middle is clearly stuffed. They just take the loss.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 10-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #7
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
They don't see the holes that we see, that's the problem. They don't try and bounce it to the outside of the middle is clearly stuffed. They just take the loss.
My theory is when they added infinity, they didn't change the AI for running backs. Last year the AI relied on breaking tackles and not on trying to evade them. they don't seem to know that running straight up the middle, usually into their own blockers will lead to disaster.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #8
Rookie

tebowtime15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy082
I am playing as QB of the Falcons and I agree. Turner can only average around 3 ypc and that's against the worst defenses. I have a question about player CCM's as well, is anyone else having trouble when simming on defense? My Falcons D never gets a stop and can't hold anyone under 400 yards of offense. I have the worst rated d in the league and the Falcons have far too many good players on that side of the ball for that to happen. Is this a bug that occurs when you sim on D?
My D has actually been pretty solid. The only issue I'm really having is with the Human run game. It's really hard to play as much as I want to do a CCM QB.
Orlando Magic

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »