Home

Latest, Greatest Slider Creation..

This is a discussion on Latest, Greatest Slider Creation.. within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-03-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
Rookie

soulless pupil's Arena

OVR: 2
Latest, Greatest Slider Creation..

Background: I wanted Heisman Level Sliders that would create comparable stats to real-life games. I also wanted these sliders to give me a challenge when playing against the computer. Not only do the stats hold up for user vs cpu, but also for cpu vs cpu, and coach vs cpu games.

Result: I've tested these sliders and consistently get a challenging and fun game of football that represents real life play.

Game Settings:
Heisman
Time: 8 min/quarter
Speed - normal (this is my personal preference, but sliders work on other speeds as well)
Threshold - 70 (now, I know this goes against popular belief that the threshold should be set at 0, but I have some problems with threshold at 0. First off, too many long plays (I don't expect to have more than 3 long scoring plays...i.e. 60yrds or longer in a game with two A+ defensive teams). I found that with the threshold at 0, this happens far more often than it should. I came up with 40 as a good number through testing. I tested against A+ to C- teams with variously rated offenses until I came up with stats that were comparable to real life games and real life performances. With threshold at 70, I am still able to get outside runs, screens, etc., but now instead of going 60 yrds, they are going closer to 20-30 yrds and few and far between.

Penalties:
I played around with penalties for awhile and found that no penalty should be set above 55 or below 50 except for OPI, DPI, IG, KI, Roughing the Passer/Kicker (they should be set at 100)

Human/CPU sliders (should equal 100 if you add the hum and CPU numbers)
QB accuracy - 65/35
Pass Blocking - 60/40
WR Catching - 65/35
RB Ability - 50/50
Run Blocking - 55/45
Pass Coverage -100/0
Pass Rush - 65/35
Interceptions - 65/35
Rush Defense - 40/60
Tackling - 35/65
FG Power - 50
FG Accuracy - 50
Punt Power - 50
Punt Accuracy - 50
Kickoff Power -40

With these sliders, I've gotten everything from a 10-12 game to a 48-56 game (some with multiple OTs). I've even gotten some upsets with a C- team beating an A- team. Try out these sliders in dynasty and leave me some feedback on how they work for you. You can include CPU vs CPU games also.

Last edited by soulless pupil; 11-24-2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Post patch updates
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
Rookie

soulless pupil's Arena

Re: Latest, Greatest Slider Creation..

Ok, just finished a test season on dynasty. The stats came out as I expected. G. Smith led the nation with 4003 yards, in the NCAA last year the top Qb in yards threw for 4007 yards. The yards per game and passing we're accurate to the stats. The only thing that was off number of sacks tackles, and avg yards per play by the RB. I'm retesting another season with lower pass block and higher rating for speed threshold. I'm also going to raise the tackle rating and recheck for accurate stats at the end of the season.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:02 AM   #3
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

Glad to see someone hasn't given up on this game! I'd help you test but I'm so frustrated I could break my disc.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:53 PM   #4
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

I'm always messing around with different teams in dynasty mode for 3-4 games i'll plug these in and check em out man.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Link to my YouTube.
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 10-08-2012, 12:24 AM   #5
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

Someone needs to test the pass coverage A.I. slider.

My reasoning is bc FistOfRage's slider set is set at 70 INT which is suppose to fix the DB glitch (only on Varsity) but I think if you got the pass coverage slider half way right you could virtually fix it as well...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 03:41 PM   #6
Rookie

soulless pupil's Arena

As far as statistics go, pass coverage is good. Int are close to real life stats and so is receiving and passing stats. The only anomaly is the yac which I'm trying to fix in speed threshold. The long ball is down, but I'm adjusting more
Old 10-24-2012, 10:52 PM   #7
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulless pupil
Okay, after looking into this safety glitch issue, i've updated some sliders.

QB Acc - 65
Wr Ctch - 45
Run Blk - 60
Pass Blk - 60
RB Ablty - 50
Run Defense - 95
Pass Cvg - 100
Pass Rsh - 100
Interception - human 40/Cpu 80
Kick Pwr - 55
Kick Acc - 45
Punt Pwr - 45
Punt Acc - 55

*This doesn't cut out the safety glitch completely but, its way less successful than before the slider work.
pass coverage is inverted which could be why you're having trouble. the CPU max pass coverage is 0 while the User is still 100. Now try.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:57 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
pass coverage is inverted which could be why you're having trouble. the CPU max pass coverage is 0 while the User is still 100. Now try.

Anybody tried this with these sliders on heisman? The cpu offense is killing our dynasty scoring on varsity with almost no points a game, and db glitch was occuring with it higher

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »