Home

Week 5: Denver Broncos (2-2) @ New England Patriots (2-2)

This is a discussion on Week 5: Denver Broncos (2-2) @ New England Patriots (2-2) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Week 5: Denver Broncos (2-2) @ New England Patriots (2-2)

Brady and Manning renew their rivalry on Sunday afternoon. If history tells us anything it should be a fun game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
GOAT

dales's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Week 5: Denver Broncos (2-2) @ New England Patriots (2-2)

I don't know what to make of this one. I haven't payed much attention to Denver this year.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Glad this is a 4:30 game. I don't get off work until 4:00-4:15.

Should be a good one. Denver has been killed by slow starts, if they can play a complete game for a full 60 minutes I think Denver should win.

NE by 7 is the line, which seems way High to me.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:26 PM   #4
Rookie

StanleyStutters's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Glad this is a 4:30 game. I don't get off work until 4:00-4:15.

Should be a good one. Denver has been killed by slow starts, if they can play a complete game for a full 60 minutes I think Denver should win.

NE by 7 is the line, which seems way High to me.
7 is a little high, but NE is the home team and I believe you get 3 points just for that, so if it was neutral site it'd be NE -4 and if it was in DEN it'd be NE -1.

I'm obviously biased, but I think NE pulls this one out. Brady has been great at home his entire career and I can't see us starting off 0-2. Also the Pats offense was firing on all cylinders last week against Buffalo, it'll be interesting to see if they can keep it up against Denver.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:46 PM   #5
MVP

jth1331's Arena

OVR: 4

Patriots TE's will kill the Broncos.
Broncos offense was firing on all cylinders last week and completely dominated the Raiders.
Both faced below average teams last week and kicked their asses.
I think Patriots win though.
5 Heisman Trophy Winners
#1 in weeks ranked #1 in AP Poll
#1 in weeks ranked top 5 in AP Poll
#1 in wins/winning percentage since 1946
Oklahoma Sooners, Boomer Sooner!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 11:50 PM   #6
Rookie

Sidion's Arena

OVR: 15

If Hernandez and Gronk were 100%? NE all the way, but with Hernandez out and Gronk probably still hurt? Gonna be one hell of a game.

It's gonna fall on McGahee I think. If he keeps the run game going for Denver they get the W. Well McGahee and Denver's DB's.

Manning is capable of passing, but NE is still wayyy too opportunistic of a defense to let him throw the rock around too much.

Should be a great game though either way. Really hoping the Pats sink back into a losing record. I know how they get down the stretch. The earlier they lose home-field advantage in the playoffs the better.

Denver 38-33
Old 10-02-2012, 01:51 AM   #7
Rookie

StanleyStutters's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidion
If Hernandez and Gronk were 100%? NE all the way, but with Hernandez out and Gronk probably still hurt? Gonna be one hell of a game.

It's gonna fall on McGahee I think. If he keeps the run game going for Denver they get the W. Well McGahee and Denver's DB's.

Manning is capable of passing, but NE is still wayyy too opportunistic of a defense to let him throw the rock around too much.

Should be a great game though either way. Really hoping the Pats sink back into a losing record. I know how they get down the stretch. The earlier they lose home-field advantage in the playoffs the better.

Denver 38-33
I was hoping Hernandez would be back for this one. There were reports last week that said he was walking around without a boot, but nothing yet about him being back for the game (haven't heard anything on Mankins either). Gronk hurt his hip last week during practice, but I'm not too worried about him. He seemed fine during the Bills game (he made some bad plays, although I'm not sure his hip is to blame).

The Pats secondary worries me. Sure, we made a lot of plays against Buffalo, but there's a big difference between Fitzpatrick and Peyton. I don't see Peyton making a ton of mistakes, so if our pass D isn't playing well it could turn into a shootout.

I'm not even thinking about home-field advantage yet. We're still two back of Houston and one behind you guys, but that might as well be two since we lost the tiebreaker.

We'll have a better idea on who's playing for the Pats this week later in the week when the injury reports come out. Either way I'm expecting a great game and I'm glad it's in Foxborough and not Denver.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:24 AM   #8
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

The Broncos have a big advantage on paper. The Pats offense is slightly better than Denver's, but Denver's defense is signification better than the Pats.

Peyton will probably have a big game. I see it coming down to the wire, but if the Pats have to make a key defensive stop to win the game then they'll probably lose. They have been pretty unreliable in the 4th quarter the last couple years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »