Home

Honestly, I just want more legend teams..

This is a discussion on Honestly, I just want more legend teams.. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-30-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
Rookie

mrbigshot's Arena

OVR: 1
Honestly, I just want more legend teams..

Anyone else feeling the same? I know they eliminated a few key players that were instrumental to their teams in that era (from what I read they took out Kareem, Dr.J, eric snow etc for whatever reason) But I would be willing to pay an extra amount of cash for DLC teams. I know the focus has shifted on the current players of today, but there is a HIGH demand for teams from the early '00s and 90's and also some that were left out of the mold when 2k released their 2011 edition (2k12) last year. I'm sure it would be possible to do this, but is 10 additional teams too much to ask for? even if it were only 3 more, that would make me a bit satisfied in the meantime. I just don't feel compelled to play with the 98 lakers if they weren't even known for competing for a championship that year. playing with the 00 lakers would be much more satisfying. OR playing with Grant Hill's pistons of the mid to late 90's. the second run of badboys. AND NOW that we have charles included in the game, give us the 93 SUNS! the biggest hurdle we had to climb over was the license to charles's likeness. now that we have it, why haven't we put it to good use OTHER THAN the implementation of the dream team? I'm really grateful for the commitment to the series, and the fact they once again delivered an impressive product. but I speak for a lot of people when i say we could use a few more DLC's. if money rules the world, so be it, but at least me make me be able to use it for a DLC of new legendary teams. as much as I like the 01' sixers, to see that its the ONLY new NBA team added is a bit disparaging.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
Rookie

madmax17's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Honestly, I just want more legend teams..

IF that's all then get the pc ver. and the Ultimate Base Roster, 2k12 has 250+ Total Teams obviously all but the 30-something teams are historical teams
Old 09-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I agree. I have the pc version before anyone says "lol I use mods cause i got pc!!!" but it's honestly not the same as having the real deal. I'm not someone that cares about player faces looking exactly the same, but when they look nothing like their real life counterpart it irks me. I'll use the mod again this year and enjoy it though.

One other big reason I'm hoping for some legend DLC is for myteam. The more classic teams or players we have the less likely we are to see duplicate teams online. ALSO, I want 1972 Kareem on my team
Old 09-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #4
Rookie

I'll just say this

2k is a business .. they are looking ahead to the future. They can't just give us everything in one release (crew, legends online, etc), ESPECIALLY with no competition from live because they'll dig themselves a hole trying to "out-do" themselves with every release.

So they give us a little bit of good stuff every year, but just enough to where its worth the purchase, but not enough to where they won't be able to top it the following year and ruin what they have going.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biagas
I'll just say this

2k is a business .. they are looking ahead to the future. They can't just give us everything in one release (crew, legends online, etc), ESPECIALLY with no competition from live because they'll dig themselves a hole trying to "out-do" themselves with every release.

So they give us a little bit of good stuff every year, but just enough to where its worth the purchase, but not enough to where they won't be able to top it the following year and ruin what they have going.
Makes sense to a degree but I think they should always push the envelope as much as possible. I believe 2K does a good job of pushing it even when competition disappears. I am hopeful EA returns as they have said as it will keep 2k on their toes even more.

That being said....I agree that the legends teams are important to many (including me). I believe it is difficult to manage the legalities, money, egos of retired players year after year. I think it is likely that legends/classic teams will migrate to paid DLC over time and I prefer that to losing them entirely. Affordable 5 team packs or something is what I am thinking. If it does go that route, I just want 2k to be sure to allow the legends/classic teams to migrate into all game modes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #6
MVP

JBCAROLINAKID's Arena

OVR: 5

I agree man, legends teams with the improved gameplay and signature skills is all i cared about playing this year. I would also pay for some DLC teams and players.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
Rookie

mrbigshot's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudnique
Makes sense to a degree but I think they should always push the envelope as much as possible. I believe 2K does a good job of pushing it even when competition disappears. I am hopeful EA returns as they have said as it will keep 2k on their toes even more.

That being said....I agree that the legends teams are important to many (including me). I believe it is difficult to manage the legalities, money, egos of retired players year after year. I think it is likely that legends/classic teams will migrate to paid DLC over time and I prefer that to losing them entirely. Affordable 5 team packs or something is what I am thinking. If it does go that route, I just want 2k to be sure to allow the legends/classic teams to migrate into all game modes.
Failing to live up to high expectations doesn't do business any good, from a business standpoint and perspective, the consumer will rule. you could argue that people will always buy a sports game regardless of the content because it something they absolutely enjoy so they could put out countless waterdown versions of the game and still generate so much revenue, but if you upset the consumer, then you upset your sales, and not very many people will purchase a game with so much let down. Thus, they don't want to lose money. they want to continue to eclipse their own records, and that's why I see it that they will continue to out do themselves year after year.

on to topic...

I think the base rosters are great, but whose to say the person who created that mod will be able to create that again for this years installment? coupled with the fact that i'm a ps3 user and don't have a solid enough PC to operate video games on, I'd rather have them come out with some paid DLC for me to enjoy. I've iterated this before, but classic stadiums even if there isn't any classic teams could even help to create our own version of classic teams. but seriously, they should have at least tried to get three more new teams in, not just one. Again, i'm not saying it's THAT easy and that I'm complaining that they don't put out great installments, I just don't think it would be that hard either to add a couple or so teams to a DLC and say here. pay for thsi and you can use them for all the modes in our latest game.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #8
Rookie

There are many reasons why they don't add more legend teams and all that it's because of money. When u purchase the NBA license u aren't paying each NBA player to be in the game. When they sign there contract they give up there right to decide to be in the game or not to be in the game. That's why when players become free agents some of them get taken out of the game.

Now for every past team u have to pay each player and it becomes difficult. The reason Barkley and Reggie never wanted to be in the game is because they wanted Jordan money and to be on a cover. No offense but Barkley and Reggie aren't on Jordan, Magic, or Bird level.

If 2k focused on the legends they NBA would be made because they aren't focusing on the NBA! Last year 2k had to sell the game because of the lockout now 2k is marketing the NBA.

Yes more teams would be really cool, but I guarantee the players were asking for more then they deserved. Eric Snow isn't in the game and he doesn't deserve a lot of money lol. So if they set a price for each player and the player doesn't accept u can't expect 2k to pay them they would go out of business

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »