Home

How many people use SuperSim?

This is a discussion on How many people use SuperSim? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
How many people use SuperSim?

I was just wondering how many people use it and like it?

I don't know about anyone else but I tend to use it ALOT, especially if I have to go out and need to get a game done quickly.

It works well but it could definitely be improved. SO MANY times I see Kickoffs and Punts returned for TDs. In fact, what I commonly see is a punt get returned for a TD and then directly after a Kickoff return for a TD.
How many times do you ever see that in the NFL? lol...

SuperSim hasn't been improved upon in the 3 or 4 years (?) it's been in the game. I could go further in depth on it's problems but I think you guys get the point and know what I'm talking about if you've used it.

Anyways, who uses it and WHEN do you guys use it? Don't like to play D so you use it on that or even offense maybe? Players not playing so well so you take chances on SuperSim, or do you just not use it at all...I'm curious to know! (Dunno why)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: How many people use SuperSim?

I am gonna use it just for defense to see if there is more of a challenge
Old 09-30-2012, 01:20 AM   #3
Rookie

corndog86's Arena

OVR: 1

I use it in CCM. I wish they would have more slider options for it. I feel like the stats aren't realistic enough. Not to mention all the big time problems with it (ie. running the clock off XP's; Running 10-20 seconds off a kickoff return; The clock is running on the start of a drive sometimes.)

Last edited by corndog86; 09-30-2012 at 01:25 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:24 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

I use it in preseason when my 2nd - 3rd team defenses come in. Or if I'm just trying to get a quick game in and use it on defense as well.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:25 AM   #5
Pro

Special teams touchdowns and 80 yard runs, oh my! lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2012, 05:57 AM   #6
Rookie

Well I use it pretty much every game with Qb player mode, defendiatly needs to be improved alot. Like others have said 80 yard runs, but I see all the time 80 yard passes to the HB alot. However mostly it's run run run punt far too many times for my liking. Accelerated clock doesn't work, no big deal I guess, I play 10 quarters with a 15 sec run off, usually I get 30 to 32 minutes possession.

Best thing is you can play a game in 30 minutes, if only it came with its own sliders. Iam not holding out any hope but, the game still has bugs from previous years not fixed. All in all madden 13 is not quite there, but 14 should be an improvement especially for the offline guys, here's hoping.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear
SuperSim hasn't been improved upon in the 3 or 4 years (?) it's been in the game. I could go further in depth on it's problems but I think you guys get the point and know what I'm talking about if you've used it.
I've used supersim a lot in NCAA And Madden over the last 4 years, and the option has never been improved, or, if they have improved it they've just missed obvious things. I use it a lot because I suddenly find I dont have time to finish a game, or something.

The biggest annoyance is clock management and clock runoff. If you use super sim, a running play takes 4 seconds, a passing play takes 2 seconds, a long passing play takes 6 seconds. There is no runoff after plays and the AI does not manage the clock.

So, let's say you have a lead, it's under 1:30, and the opposing team has no time outs. So you figure, well let's just super sim this, the CPU AI should choose running plays or down the ball and end the game. Because there is no clock run off, your QB will kneel the ball (-2 yard rush), and it will take whatever the time it takes in game, and nothing else. So, your "drive" will be 3 -2 yard rushes that will burn ~10 seconds off the clock, and you'll be punting to your opponent with 1:20 left after going 3 and out. The whole mode is like this, but that's the most glaring example. It's frustrating to see 12 play scoring drives take ~0:45 and makes the mode almost useless. Other glitches? Super sim stops the clock. So if your super sim runs it, and then you come back out onto the field to run the next play, the clock is stopped.

I still use it though for when I have a large lead and I just want to quickly get through the game... although in most cases, I need to end up taking the ball back and running clock or else it won't burn enough time.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #8
Rookie

My biggest issue is time, it's all screwy. Besides a running clock after change in possession, my biggest problem is that the sim doesn't use up any clock. I'll sim a drive and it'll be 3 and out on 3 runs but only 10 seconds will go by. This is particularly bothersome in player CCM when you're really getting three times as many possessions as you should due to time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »