Home

MyCareer, who will you make POLL

This is a discussion on MyCareer, who will you make POLL within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
View Poll Results: What player will most resemble you?
LeBron 12 12.24%
D. Howard (BOOO!) lol 3 3.06%
Durantialia 2 2.04%
CP3 11 11.22%
Kobe 6 6.12%
R. Westbrook 11 11.22%
Melo 4 4.08%
K. Love 1 1.02%
Marc Gasol 0 0%
S. Nash 5 5.10%
Olajuwon 5 5.10%
Shaq 1 1.02%
Jordan 8 8.16%
Iverson 12 12.24%
Larry Bird 1 1.02%
Rodman 2 2.04%
Nowitzki 1 1.02%
Sir Charles! 3 3.06%
Magic 1 1.02%
Pistol Pete 3 3.06%
Shawn Kemp 0 0%
Walk Frazier 1 1.02%
Dr. J 2 2.04%
Muggsy Bogues 3 3.06%
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Icon12 MyCareer, who will you make POLL

Who will your player resemble the most? Which teams are you hoping will draft you? Will you go with Nike or Jordan for shoes? How will your player act during interviews? What awards are you hoping to attain by the end of your career?

Last edited by buickbeast; 09-29-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: MyCareer, who will you make POLL

My player will be most like Wilt Chamberlain, because there was no player who's prime was greater than Wilt Chamberlain.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

Wilt? That's cool man! I'm goin make mine like Barkley. Great rebounder, have a unique offensive array of moves near the basket. NEVER afraid to say what's on my mind to the media or coaches. Would like to play in Phoenix. Definitely will be going with Nike haha. Might make him 6'8 or so considering how much taller the rest of the league is compared to when Barkley played.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:30 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I guess since Deron Williams is not there I'll choose Pete Maravich

Mainly because my signature skills would probably something close to what he has.

I'm making myself as a 6'0" PG
Aiming to have my five signature skills to be
1. Deadeye
2. Closer
3. Ankle Breaker
4. Dimer
5. Heat Retention

NBA: Los Angeles Lakers & Brooklyn Nets
MLB: New York Yankees
NFL: New England Patriots
NHL: Vancouver Canucks
Old 09-29-2012, 05:39 PM   #5
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Me?

A center. Resembles George Mikan, plays like Wilt.

Hopefully the Rockets draft me, since they have three first-round picks this year (like the Thunder did in 2K11). But hey, I'd love to go higher for that extra starting salary.

Nike or Jordan? Trick question--they're both Nike. No, really--I looked up Jordan Brand on Wikipedia, and got redirected to Nike, Inc.
(But seriously though, choosing Nike over Jordan. I want to see that kitchen door!)

Interviews...there's way too many self-centered jerks in basketball (Carmelo, Iverson, Dwight Howard, etc.), and not enough classy guys, like David Robinson and Hakeem Olajuwon were.

I'm gonna be the latter. Being cocky may raise my league-wide popularity, but it's usually at the expense of teammate chemistry and local fan support, if 2K11 and 2K12 were any indication. And if your chemistry is low, you won't get passed the ball as much...of course, this year there's a MyCareer-exclusive Signature Skill to make them pass it to you (I think it's called On-Court Coach) whenever you call for it, which helps a little when dealing with that stupid "Bad Call for Pass" penalty to your Teammate Grade. I know when I'm open, dang it!

Awards? Hopefully I'll break Kareem's scoring record--and possibly Oscar Schmidt's as well, so there's no question who is the greatest scorer of all time. (Kareem: 38,387. Oscar: 49,737. I don't want people bringing him up, like baseball fans do Sadaharu Oh and his 868 homers...)

But it'll be harder, and therefore more rewarding, to break the rebounding record.

You see, the current career rebound record is held by Wilt Chamberlain, who got 23,924 in his career, in 14 years (the game was a lot faster paced back then--more shots, therefore more missed shots, therefore more rebounds).

If you were to play all 82 regular-season games for twenty seasons, you would have to average 14.59 rebounds per game, every game, to catch up to Wilt Chamberlain.

But enough about centers.

I'll make a secondary MyCareer file to re-create Brazil's Oscar Schmidt, mentioned earlier.

He's one of the great what-ifs in NBA history.
On one hand, he is the global leader in basketball points scored, with 49,737 (11,350 more than Kareem Abdul-Jabbar).
On the other hand, he didn't play a single minute in the NBA. Ever.

He was actually drafted there (sixth round, 1984, by the New Jersey Nets), but refused to come over, because at the time, the NBA wouldn't let international players represent their homelands in the Olympics and such. He chose to stay loyal to Brazil rather than take the payday.

So this is a what-if scenario...what if he DID come over, this time at the age of 19, to test his skills against the greatest players in the world?
Would he collapse like a house of cards, like fellow legend Andrew Gaze did?
Or would he become The Greatest?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Iverson all day lol
Old 09-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #7
Rookie

BDubb3424's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickbeast
Who will your player resemble the most? Which teams are you hoping will draft you? Will you go with Nike or Jordan for shoes? How will your player act during interviews? What awards are you hoping to attain by the end of your career?
My player who will be a 6 foot 6, 200 pound shooting guard resembling my all-time favorite player Kobe Bean Bryant!...

I am hoping the Pistons, Blazers, or Hornets draft me. I really want to be drafted by the Pistons because they are young, and I will stay with them my whole career.
I will go with Nike mainly because it is new haha
My player will be arrogant as hell!
Old 09-29-2012, 05:52 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0
A skinny 6'6 shooting guArd resembling idk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »