Home

what happened to "live ball"mechanics? shot blocking

This is a discussion on what happened to "live ball"mechanics? shot blocking within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-29-2012, 12:08 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Angry what happened to "live ball"mechanics? shot blocking

what happened to live ball defense? some of my friends are complaining about the difficulty of blocking a interior shot even when in perfect position and perfect timing. what gives 2 K? anticipating a shot before it was released was the best part about on ball defense, please bring it back and ignore the cries about the ball hitting elbows

Last edited by chandlerbang; 09-29-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2012, 12:15 AM   #2
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: what happened to "live ball"mechanics? shot blocking

i'm not a big fan of elbow blocks to be honest. maybe you should set the block rating a bit higher on tuesday
Old 09-29-2012, 12:15 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: what happened to "live ball"mechanics?

I honestly don't think 2K (or anyone else) is ready for live ball mechanics through and through. I think they gave it a shot last year and they saw it result in a lot of funk, perhaps most noticeably the high number of blocks coming from the elbows, armpits, and heads of opposing team's point guards. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a "back to the drawing board" situation.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:23 AM   #4
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I honestly don't think 2K (or anyone else) is ready for live ball mechanics through and through. I think they gave it a shot last year and they saw it result in a lot of funk, perhaps most noticeably the high number of blocks coming from the elbows, armpits, and heads of opposing team's point guards. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a "back to the drawing board" situation.
There's still live ball physics on passes . Rebounds. Blocks . I dontt understand what all the fuss is about. The blocks look better than ever and that's going by just the demo. The blocks in nba 2k12 were very unrealistic. They looked like the type of blocks you'd see in a high school girls game. The blocks in 2k13 look to be perfectly executed and require a elite shot blocker and exact timing. What's wrong with that? Earn your blocks.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:26 AM   #5
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10

I think the live ball physics are now properly implemented in the right factors of the game. You see defections and scrambles for the ball off loose rebounds. That's where live ball physics SHOULD come into play. Not under the hoop where where elbows are blocking shots. This is the nba
that doesn't happen. Blocks happen at the apex. A meeting at the rim if you will.

Sounds good to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2012, 12:27 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbang
what happened to live ball defense? some of my friends are complaining about the difficulty of blocking a interior shot even when in perfect position and perfect timing. what gives 2 K? anticipating a shot before it was released was the best part about on ball defense, please bring it back and ignore the cries about the ball hitting elbows

So you and your friends liked the blocking from 2k12. Cries of the ****** aka first patch.

Us poor sim heads.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:27 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbang
Are you serious? Did you not see how broken the so called "live" ball mechanics were last year? They probably scrapped it for now because they realized they aren't ready to make ACTUAL live ball physics yet. Which is fine because the ball physics from last year were terrible. How can you actually want elbow blocking and point guards blocking bigs with their forearms back? Though i will admit that the ball physics in general do need to improve.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:43 AM   #8
Rookie

Bo Knows Best's Arena

I remember going in the paint once and getting blocked from the side by Steve Nash, after that point I just threw my hands in the air and said f it. 2k13's blocking on the other hand seems more natural now

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »