Home

Madden 13 has run its course

This is a discussion on Madden 13 has run its course within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 19
Madden 13 has run its course

Thought this was the year that I could get multiple seasons in of a MAdden title. Last time I was able to do this was back in the early 2000s.
This year I cant even get through one season. The CCM games are just different from the quick games. Im hoping that a patch will remedy this. Its so unfortunate that a game could play so differently in a franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Madden 13 has run its course

Well, no news on a patch or what the patch will even do. All that EA has confirmed is that tuner updates will not work.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:41 PM   #3
Pro

Bull_Market's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_truthman.com
Well, no news on a patch or what the patch will even do. All that EA has confirmed is that tuner updates will not work.
They did? Where? Everything that could go wrong, has gone wrong. What a debacle.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Actually, this is the first Madden in my years and years of playing (since 2000 as a franchise geek) that I am actually playing every game, just about (maybe sim 2 a season). I'm playing with a crappy team, the Colts, in the 2ne season, and I've been having a good time with some sliders I've been building for myself. I've been having tough games, and losing here and there, because my sliders make it hard to run...but my O-line sucks at run blocking, and my RB (Daniel Thomas) isn;t the best, so its realistic. I did my first draft in madden 13 this year just a couple days ago in the off season, and it was one of the best draft experiences ever, my draft wasn't that good at all, but I got a couple players for my scheme that'll be ready by next year, maybe.

I'm having fun and playing the most I ever have this year. Just have to get a good slider set going for YOU, and not cheese the CPU. At least its been working for me, and I'm a longtime madden franchise player. I was always sick of my team all getting to 88-90+ OVR just for having a good year, I love the XP this year.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:54 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
Traded in today. Just wasn't having fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_truthman.com
Would like to see where they confirmed that as well.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:58 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoleDude
Would like to see where they confirmed that as well.
Ya I find that hard to being true BUT............they had a tuner option last year but produced ZERO tuner sets. If they produce no tuner sets again this year, then you may be onto something.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #8
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

I just dont get it

I can understand (not really, but ill go with it) leaving out stuff like a transactions log, or making it impossible to get to the player card, having a broken awards section in player card, have legacy issues, countless errors, etc. I can deal with those not being fixed.

but for these people to play this game, claim to play CCM before its even out, I just dont buy it. at all. because If I was at that company, Id have been fired before I let that CPU run game in ccm go to release. then to let it pass by the first major patch, I dont get it, I never will

because of the cpu's run game being SO bad, where I can run DL out of the way and they still run the other direction, I sadly cant play anymore. I win every ccm vs the comp by 40 points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »