Home

THE OFFICIAL NBA 2K OFFLINE ASSOCIATION SUPPORT THREAD

This is a discussion on THE OFFICIAL NBA 2K OFFLINE ASSOCIATION SUPPORT THREAD within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: How do you partake in NBA 2k's offline association
It it is the only mode I play & is the main reason for purchasing NBA 2k games 60 50.00%
it is my primary mode of gameplay. 50 41.67%
it's not my primary mode but it is very important to me 15 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
SimWorld Sports Inc - CEO

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21
THE OFFICIAL NBA 2K OFFLINE ASSOCIATION SUPPORT THREAD

let this be the place that people post their for support of the "offline association mode" in desire of more focus & progression of it, post ideas, suggestions, complaints & concerns for association mode. ALL OF THEM. we need an "offline-association-movement"!

association mode is a HUGE deal to a LOT of NBA2k supporters & i HOPE that 2k will have a larger focus on association mode in future installments. not neccessarily the bells & whistles BUT fixes to ongoing issues like all players averaging all 82 games, MPG being skewed, insane trading, bad GM logic, rotations not being able to be set by something OTHER than overall rating for CPU teams & more.

please post ur concerns &/or fixes in this format
(i think organizing our thoughts in this EXACT format would be helpful for those 2k heads that WILL investigate this):

- the "complaint"

- the "why"

- the potential "solution"

or just post an idea or post that you are in support of an association mode movement
(btw you can pick multiple answers in the poll)

as great, SIM & AUTHENTIC as the game is, for association-guys like us... al lot of things are null & void if they dont properly translate in THE ONLY MODE WE PLAY. some things TRULY do make that mode UNPLAYABLE

disclaimer: do note that this thread is for mode SUPPORT & not trolling or posters stating that they do NOT care for the mode.

Last edited by ronyell; 09-28-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: THE OFFICIAL NBA 2K OFFLINE ASSOCIATION SUPPORT THREAD

Love this thread, and I'm going to do all that I can personally to help ensure that the association mode players get the MOST out of 2K13 this year.

Here's a list of the known glitches/bugs/problems association mode has had in the past few years:

(Anywhere you see 'PENDING' is an issue that 2K has claimed will be fixed in 2K13)

PROBLEM/ISSUE #1: Inflated potential ratings on roster
2K13 status: NOT FIXED
Why it's an issue: The league becomes flooded with too many talented players by year 4-5 of your association. In general, every single young player seems to reach their potential with ZERO busts (which is unrealistic). The GOOD news is that CPU teams can now manage to sign high caliber free agents instead of letting them sit in free agency because they can't afford them.
Workaround/solution: Download a custom roster (The community is building these as we speak) or make potential edits yourself (I'm also working on this).

PROBLEM/ISSUE #2: Ridiculous AI trade logic
2K13 status: FIXED!!
Why it's an issue: The AI-controlled teams tend to make severely unfair transactions and/or transactions that make absolutely no sense for the direction of their franchise.
Workaround/solution: While the CPU will still make some head scratchers every now and then, the AMOUNT of ridiculous trades has been cut down SEVERELY - enough for me to call this fixed. And I'm loving that I only see 4-5 trades a year.

PROBLEM/ISSUE #3: Poor AI team building logic through draft/FA
Why it's an issue: The AI-controlled teams tend to draft players in areas where they already have an abundance of talent (IE the Clippers with CP3 draft a young stud PG who will just ride the bench). The CPU teams also tend to acquire free agents without any sort of strategy long-term.
Workaround/solution: 2K13 has not fixed this - in fact, in my first 8 season sim, I saw the Cavs sign both Kyrie Irving and Chris Paul to long contracts (94 and 92 overall at the time)....yep.

PROBLEM/ISSUE #4: High caliber FA signing with poor teams
2K13 status: Pending
Why it's an issue/problem: By year 3/4 of your association, you will see stud free agents (like LeBron James) signing with small market teams (like the Bobcats)...which obviously does not make any sense at all.
Workaround/solution: User control all 30 NBA teams....hopefully 2K13 has also fixed this.

PROBLEM/ISSUE #5: Unrealistic CPU upsets in playoffs
Why it's an issue: I understand this is mostly subjective, but by year 3 of your association, you will probably start seeing weaker teams winning the title year after year, beating out teams with loaded rosters easily.
Workaround/solution: Unknown (Hope it's been fixed in 2K13)

PROBLEM/ISSUE #6: CPU trading during NBA draft w/ option turned OFF
2K13 Status: NOT FIXED
Why it's an issue: Even with the option of CPU trading OFF, the CPU still makes trades (often ridiculous and foolish ones) during the draft.
Workaround/solution: None - although CPU trades in 2K13 seem to have been nerfed a bit...I'll test this one out in more detail when I purchase the game.

PROBLEM/ISSUE #7: 6+ custom draft class association freeze
Why it's an issue: Whether you're on the xbox 360 or the ps3, if you use custom draft classes for years 1-6 of your association, the game will freeze once you boot up the 7th season.
Workaround/solution: CWSapp claims he has been able to upload 10 custom draft classes with no freezing!

PROBLEM/ISSUE #8: Unrealistic player progression (big man 3pt)
Why it's an issue: The game engine advances player tendencies from offseason to offseason...except in a uniform fashion that doesn't accurately reflect player positions. DeMarcus Cousins does not need to be shooting 3 pointers...ever.
Workaround/solution: Doesn't seem to be fixed...to maintain accurate stats, you'll have to edit big men shooting tendencies year 2 and beyond.

PROBLEM/ISSUE #9: All CAPs (rookies) having all cold zones and no hot spots
Why it's an issue: Starting with year 2 of your association, every single rookie that comes into your league (no matter if he's user-created or game-created) will have entirely COLD hot-spot shooting zones. While some have speculated that this doesn't affect gameplay, others attest that it does in fact affect game play in a MAJOR way (myself included).
Workaround/solution: Haloofduty has claimed this has been fixed in 2k13!

PROBLEM/ISSUE #10: Team stats not being calculated correctly
2K13 Status: FIXED!!
Why it's an issue: It's annoying to see your assist totals being in the 60's per game...
Workaround/solution: Haloofduty has claimed this has been fixed in 2k13!

PROBLEM/ISSUE #11: Season record glitch
Why it's an issue: For some seasons, after the all-star break, certain teams will show that they've played roughly 60 more games than everyone else...resulting in unrealistic records.
Workaround/Solution: Haloofduty claims this has been fixed!!

PROBLEM/ISSUE #12: Playoff seeding glitch
Why it's an issue: Beyond year 2 of the association, certain teams who do not have the record to finish with a certain higher seed in the playoffs end up obtaining that seed without explanation. (For example, a team that deserves the 7th seed will end up with the 2nd seed).
Workaround/solution: Haloofduty claims this has been fixed in 2k13!

PROBLEM/ISSUE #13: Free agents that have been cut sign for $0
Why it's an issue: Once a player has been cut from a team, he may be signed by the user for $0.
Workaround/solution: Fixed in 2k13!

PROBLEM/ISSUE #14: Barack Obama becomes head coach
Why it's an issue: Well...it's not necessarily an issue perse...it's just comical...and downright stupid to see the president of the united states as a coach. This happens once a CPU team has fired its coach/he has retired and the game scans possible player/coach models for a replacement and chooses the president.
Workaround/solution: None

Once I acquire 2k13, I'll be checking out each of these in detail and will be seeing if they have been fixed in this year's version. If they have, I'll mark them as fixed. If they haven't, I'll offer a solution/workaround to the best of my abilities.

I also plan on making a TON of POTENTIAL RATING tweaks to better ensure that higher caliber players don't just sit in free agency 4-5 years in the future of your league. I'll release these as well for anyone that's planning on making rosters for 360/PS3. Be looking for an excel spreadsheet.

Last edited by SwaggerCoach; 10-03-2012 at 02:54 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

-fix stat glitch
(Why) Makes the game un-relastic and it will have guys like CP3 averaging 14 points and 6 assist

(Solution)Fix the sim engine based off players stats that way guys like Dwight can get there 20-20 games here or there or Steve Nash won't be averaging 20 points

-fix minute glitch(every starter average 34 minutes)
(Why)Messes up stats and doesn't give guys like James Harden time to shine.

(Solution)Implement the player average minutes into the game.

-fix potential glitch
(Why)Guys like Anthony Randolph will be free agents or Derrick Favors will jump from an 70 to 78 in 1 off season.

(Solution)Make the potential or overall increase performance based

-fix cold/hot zone glitch for rookies

(Why)Rookies are useless miss everything

(Solution)Let us edit hot zones or it increase or decrease based off where the player shoot.

-fix the playoff "upset" glitch
(Why)I can see a upset here or there but this happens every year and teams be getting blown out for no reason Bobcats sweep Heat by average of 30 points.

(Solution)Fix the sim engine make it realistic

-Free Agency/Trade Logic
(Why) Dwight to Bobcats,CP3 and Kyrie on Cavs with Kyrie on the bench

(Solution)Implement team makeups Re-Building,Middle of the pack,Contender it this will take care of trade logic and etc.

Last edited by Caveman24; 09-28-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:48 PM   #4

ronyell's Arena

per SwaggerCoach's suggestion

- all CAP's & draft picks have NO hot zones

- it does not allow created players to be created & mimmick their actual gameplay.

- all us to edit their hot zones... lol

Old 09-28-2012, 05:58 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 11

If you want this to be a serious topic, can you please type every sentence in the same color/size/allignment/... ?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #6

ronyell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
If you want this to be a serious topic, can you please type every sentence in the same color/size/allignment/... ?!

its called a "format" & that is my personal preference to keep thoughts organized.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 33

Association is my mode of preference, thus I do play other modes.

The solutions listed bellow (the few, as there are issues with no solutions at all) are just workarounds and far from being the ideal solution, which is 2k fixing them ... or giving us the tools/option to do so by our selves.

Is important to note that I am a PS3 user, therefor I dispose of no alternate tool to try and edit some of the things listed ... ultimately, we shouldnt have to use such tools tho ... 2k should act upon our known issues or realize that it has the most valuable yet less appreciated feature of all: its editability and expand upon it ... we need more !

ISSUE (NOT FIXED IN 2K13)
- No CPU Multiteam Trading
DESCRIPTION
- The user can initiate multiteam trades but not the AI. Ruining the authenticity of the game.
POSSIBLE SOLUTION
- The logic has been there for more than a few years yet not implemented to consider the AI initiating such trades, please 2K do so. Alternative: 30 team user control.

- Edits not permeating into association
DESCRIPTION
- Edits pertaining rotation assigments and player roles do not translate from the roster when initiating an association. This was possible in all 2k editions prior 2k11.
POSSIBLE SOLUTION
- To manually redo all edits again, once you start association.

- Factors that directly affect the outcomes of played and simmed games cant be edited, when they need to be as they by nature fluctuate from season to season and from month to month.
DESCRIPTION
- Team chemestry, players goals, team moods/stances, coaches ratings ... none cant be changed and all impact heavyly on this mode. Creating weird outcomes and ruining the authenticity and inmersion of the game.
POSSIBLE SOLUTION
- None, aside from 2k doing so.

ISSUE (APPARENTLY FIXED in 2K13)
- Black sylhoutes
DESCRIPTION
- CAP and generated players posses cyberfaces, yet while the logic is there is not implemented within all parts of the game, like starting 5 presentations and when refering to those players within a game. Totally ruining the inmersion of the game.
POSSIBLE SOLUTION
- None, besides 2k doing so.

ISSUE (APPARENTLY FIXED in 2K13)
- Stats Screens Bugs
DESCRIPTION
- An avalanche of bugs have plagued these screens since 2K10, ruining the accuracy of the stats and in some cases the outcome of things.
POSSIBLE SOLUTION
- None, except from 2k fixing it

More to come later and specially when 2k13 comes out.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 09-29-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

my main problems have been:

3 team trades are nealry impossible to make happen, i literally pulled off like 3 trades since my day 1 2k12 purchase

trade finder is horrible because i can ask for an overall 70 player and the cpu makes 3 packages involving derrick rose or some high overalled player

cant stop players from retiring

as far as i can tell you also cannot retire jerseys

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »