Home

How is Dwight Howard "Very Loyal" Now?

This is a discussion on How is Dwight Howard "Very Loyal" Now? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
How is Dwight Howard "Very Loyal" Now?

EDIT!

2K changed Dwight's loyalty rating in the new roster update. Dwight now has a loyalty rating of "Not Loyal." Both Dwight Howard AND Chris Paul are free agents during the first offseason in Association! Start clearing cap space (you'll need about $36 million to land them both).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I fired up Association Mode while I was playing the full version of NBA 2K13 at Best Buy, and Dwight Howard's loyalty rating is "Very Loyal."

Dwight Howard demanded a trade from the Magic and refused to sign an extension with the Lakers. How in the world can 2K give him a "Very Loyal" rating when the only way players can become free agents in Association Mode is if they have low loyalty ratings?

And in 2K13 Chris Paul's loyalty rating is "Somewhat Loyal." Granted he has said he was waiting to sign an extension because he can make more money if he signs it later, but in 2K13 Chris Paul is more likely to opt for free agency after the first off-season in Association Mode than Dwight Howard.

Is it just me, or does this not make any sense?

Last edited by TeamBuilder; 10-12-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: How is Dwight Howard "Very Loyal" Now?

I get what you're saying, but he was in Orlando for 8 years, and just got traded to a major contender! The fact his contract is so large makes him borderline stuck anyway...probably makes him "loyal" as much as anything. Does this loyalty/temperament status ever change over time in associations for various reasons (not making playoffs, playing time, big contract to peers, no contract extension, off-season moves, etc.)? I've never done one long enough to know...
Old 09-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15

Loyalty doesn't matter to me anymore in Association. Since I control all teams so that I can make realistic trades I just re-sign people that I know are locks to stay in a certain city. I'll just let D-12 go to free agency and let the bidding war begin
Old 09-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #4
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

He on his disired team. So now I'm pretty sure he's not going to make a fuss until everyOne else is gone
Old 09-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by beast10
He on his disired team. So now I'm pretty sure he's not going to make a fuss until everyOne else is gone
Last time I checked Brooklyn isn't in LA. The nets were the team he wanted to go to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #6
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
... Dwight Howard demanded a trade from the Magic and refused to sign an extension with the Lakers. ... Granted he (Chris Paul) has said he was waiting to sign an extension because he can make more money if he signs it late...
I believe this is the norm, going forward with the new CBA rule-set. So the fact that a player is not willing to sign an extension should have little to no bearing on loyalty.

As far as what 2k did ... my instinct is that they are relying on conventional wisdom here.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #7
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoGotti
Last time I checked Brooklyn isn't in LA. The nets were the team he wanted to go to.
on the other hand, according to the 7 part ESPN interview that Dwight did a couple of weeks ago, he has embraced LA as his team and wants to "eventually have his jersey up on the wall like the other Laker greats."
Old 09-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

Dwight Howard will be in Brooklyn for the 2013-14 season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »