Home

PES 2013 MLO Thread

This is a discussion on PES 2013 MLO Thread within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #1
Immense Dimension

electrickeeper's Arena

OVR: 12
PES 2013 MLO Thread

I didn't see a thread that was dedicated to this, so I figured it would be a good idea, especially since it's going to consume my life for the foreseeable future.

Who else is playing this? Have you found any diamonds in the rough? What tactics have you found successful?

So far Ola Toivonen has been my best "find," he wasn't expensive at all, and he's contributed to about 70% of my team's goals since I've acquired him. I play him just behind my striker, and he gets forward quite often to win 50/50 headers for me.

I'll put together a list of solid cheaper players as well, but I've only found a couple at this point (Amalfitano playing wide is the example that comes to mind).

I am not a fan of how the embargo system is currently working also. I like the idea, but I feel like it's poorly implemented at this point.

Looking forward to seeing how this mode is going for you!

- Playstation Football Association Career(online manager mode)

Last edited by electrickeeper; 09-27-2012 at 08:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PES 2013 MLO Thread

This is my first time playing a soccer game in about 5 years. First with PES. This mode is awesome. Way better than any ultimate team ive played with madden or nhl.

It is very addicting. I am terrible at the game though. I think my record is 1-7-1 or something. Couldnt score for the life of me at first. I would get harrassed on offense and would crumble. I've let some of my base players go and recouped their transfer money. I then was able to get some money saved and bought myself a striker. Wish i could remember these player names and id tell ya. Finally got a draw and a win. Earned way more money that way. Bought a defensive midfielder last night. Can't wait to keep building.

I havent had a very hard time finding matches. Lag seems no-existant. Good time waster waiting for the premier league option files to finish up. (im waiting for the npower league to be finished as well.

I will be in need of a AMF shortly, if you have an eye on a good deal with one of them. My striker is a poacher and adv striker. i think his name is LIMA. Have a coupel wingers. All these guys are btwn 70-74 which is all i could afford.

Let me know the strategy if there is a better one.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22
This game mode sounds awesome. I will check it out after this tv show. Any helpful hints for a beginner?
Old 09-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
Immense Dimension

electrickeeper's Arena

OVR: 12

I forgot to mention how much I love the coach mode in this game mode. I'm much better at building teams than I am at actually playing the game, and this mode allows me to build solid teams and not hamper their abilities with my own playing.

- Playstation Football Association Career(online manager mode)
Old 09-27-2012, 04:49 PM   #5

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

MLO gameplay is extremely addicting this year, though I generally prefer playing offline at a slower pace vs the CPU. My defense is clearly my best point vs user players. In 10 matches I've allowed 1 or fewer goals in 8 or 9 of them. Scoring is tough. It's better than last year, but I still need work on offense.

I've only signed a couple of players thus far. Caulker from Tottenham and Mokotjo from Feyenoord Rotterdam.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
MLO gameplay is extremely addicting this year, though I generally prefer playing offline at a slower pace vs the CPU. My defense is clearly my best point vs user players. In 10 matches I've allowed 1 or fewer goals in 8 or 9 of them. Scoring is tough. It's better than last year, but I still need work on offense.

I've only signed a couple of players thus far. Caulker from Tottenham and Mokotjo from Feyenoord Rotterdam.
What's the trick to defense? I seem to give up too many goals. Turn the ball over too many times. Seems like some users can pressure me and the bal extremely well and are always in my passing lanes. Any help on defense would be great.

This mode is pretty addicting.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #7

dubcity's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice2142
What's the trick to defense? I seem to give up too many goals. Turn the ball over too many times. Seems like some users can pressure me and the bal extremely well and are always in my passing lanes. Any help on defense would be great.

This mode is pretty addicting.
I'd suggest using the contain (or delay, I guess it's called in PES), and then the pressure (RB) button combined with teammate pressure. It's particularly effective when you're opponent is just holding down the sprint button. The ball will be way out in front of them. That's when you close down. Don't bother with the double-tap tackle button.

Last edited by dubcity; 09-27-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #8

dubcity's Arena

In other news, I'm getting really annoyed with playing people using full assist passing and just smashing perfect full-power passes all over the pitch. This is still better than FIFA Ultimate Team, but not by much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »