Home

pm83's NHL13 sliders - All-Star, Tuner V1.00, Hardcore, 10 min

This is a discussion on pm83's NHL13 sliders - All-Star, Tuner V1.00, Hardcore, 10 min within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #1
Rookie

pm83's Arena

OVR: 3
pm83's NHL13 sliders - All-Star, Tuner V1.00, Hardcore, 10 min

Hi! I've been having great games with these and thought to share. For sim-style hockey. I appreciate all feedback.

pm83's sliders V1
- AS, 10 min, tuner V1.00, Hardcore

Rules
Period Length: 10 minutes
Penalties: max
Post whistle rules: authentic
Penalty time scaling: 3
Fighting: 2

Gameplay Settings

Basic
Skill Level: All-Star

General
Tuner Set: Version V1.00
CPU Aid: Harcore
Broken Stick Frequency: 2
Game Speed: 2
Attribute Effects: 5
Fatigue Effect: 4 (both)
Fatigue Recovery: 2 (both)
Injury Occurence: 3 (both)
Puck Control: 1 (both)
Player Acceleration: 1 (both)

AI
AI Learning: 0
CPU Difficulty Adjustment: 0
CPU Stragety Adjustment: 3
Be A Pro Adjustment: 3
Human Strategy Adjustment: 0
CPU Faceoff Difficulty: 3 (user decide)
Fight Difficulty: 3
CPU Penalties: max
CPU Teammate Penalties: max

Passing
Pass Assist: 1
Manual Passing: On
Pass Speed: 2
Saucer Pass Speed: 3
Pass Accuracy: Human 3, CPU 0
Pass Reception Ease: Human 2, CPU 0
Pass Interceptions:3 (both)

Shooting
Shot Accuracy: Human 2, CPU 0
Shot Power: 2 (both)
Slap Shot Accuracy: Human 1, CPU 0
Slap Shot Power: 3 (both)
One Timer Accuracy: Human 2, CPU 0

Checking
Hitting Assistance: 1
Aggression: max (both)
Hitting Power: 2 (both)
Stick Lift Effectiveness: 3 (both)
Poke Effectiveness: 2 (both)

Goalies
Goalie Passing: 3
Goalie Cover Puck Frequency: 5
Goalie Screen Effect: 3 (both)
Goalie Reaction Speed: 4 (both)

Visual Settings (User Decide. But here's what I prefer.)
Camera:True Broadcast
Control Indicator: Name
Puck Size: Authentic
Puck Shadows: Authentic

9/26/12

Last edited by pm83; 09-26-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
Rookie

Keytosa's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: pm83's NHL13 sliders - All-Star, Tuner V1.00, Hardcore, 10 min

I'm giving these a go right now. I LOVED your sliders last year. I will be testing them in Be a GM and I will post my stats. Thanks!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
Rookie

pm83's Arena

Thanks. Looking forward to hear how they were for you.

And also little correction to sliders. Hitting should be 2 not 3.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
Rookie

Keytosa's Arena

Just played a game, FLA at TB (me), the second home game in a new Be a GM test. Stats:

Florida Panthers at Tampa Bay Lightning
Jan 1, 123OTF
FLA ()00101
TAM ()01012
Three Stars

Team Stats Comparison
FLATAM
Shots on Goal3122
Hits1521
Faceoffs Won-Lost11-88-11
Penalty Minutes2:002:00
Power Plays Converted00
Power Play Opportunities11
Time on Attack6:144:48
Scoring Summary

-There were a lot of big hits. I know you probably want a realistic number of hits (as do I) but since the game only counts huge hits that knock a player to the ice, this isn't really possible. My game had 34 hits where someone ended up on the ice, which is a little much for my liking.
-Goalie reaction at 4 worries me a little. Both teams had some good scoring opportunities but the goalies made really good saves (despite being Jose Theodore and Anders Lindback who are not great goalies).
-The goals were: Lecavalier wristshot hit a defender's knee and beat Theodore five-hole, Mueller backhand from about 12 feet on a rebound, Lecavalier break away beats Theodore in overtime five-hole.
-My OT goal worried me a little. I got the puck with Lecavalier at my blue line and skated down the ice. There were two guys even with me at the blue line and they didn't turn fast enough to be able to catch up with me. Then when Versteeg gets close enough to me (he was filling for a defender) he tries to CHECK me, not poke check me. I've noticed this a lot actually and is a huge problem with the game. Could it be related to aggression at 6?

Just some feedback. The game was a lot of fun and I loved the flow of the game. Thanks for the sliders. Please let me know what you think of the feedback and if I should make any changes
Old 09-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #5
Rookie

pm83's Arena

Thanks for your feedback Keytosa! Good stuff.

Did you play with hitting power on 2? I fixed that one to sliders. If hitting is still over the top then could be good to decrease it by one notch to see if it's better. I used 2 because I want to make sure that it's not too easy to walk in front of the net. Will test 1 and 0 on next games!

You are probably right with aggression. Based on my earlier tests I could say that it has impact on balancing cpu's poke check and hitting behavior. I chose 6 in a hope to see more hitting and more penalties and also to make cpu less passive in their own zone. But I'll have to test this one again with whole scale to find right balance. Good find!

About goalies. I've been having quite realistic goalie behaviour with this set. Lately scores have been 4-0 W, 6-3 L and 2-1 W. This with me being Sabres. But I will test next games with decreased reaction time to see how it works. Surely want to still see some great desperation saves but also want to bury those open netters. To make goalies human.

If you want you could test these changes based on your feedback:
- Hitting assistance 0
- Hitting power 1 (both)
- Aggression 3 (both)
- Goalie Reaction time 2

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #6
Rookie

Keytosa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm83
Thanks for your feedback Keytosa! Good stuff.

Did you play with hitting power on 2? I fixed that one to sliders. If hitting is still over the top then could be good to decrease it by one notch to see if it's better. I used 2 because I want to make sure that it's not too easy to walk in front of the net. Will test 1 and 0 on next games!

You are probably right with aggression. Based on my earlier tests I could say that it has impact on balancing cpu's poke check and hitting behavior. I chose 6 in a hope to see more hitting and more penalties and also to make cpu less passive in their own zone. But I'll have to test this one again with whole scale to find right balance. Good find!

About goalies. I've been having quite realistic goalie behaviour with this set. Lately scores have been 4-0 W, 6-3 L and 2-1 W. This with me being Sabres. But I will test next games with decreased reaction time to see how it works. Surely want to still see some great desperation saves but also want to bury those open netters. To make goalies human.

If you want you could test these changes based on your feedback:
- Hitting assistance 0
- Hitting power 1 (both)
- Aggression 3 (both)
- Goalie Reaction time 2

Thanks!
I'm not positive, but I think I had hitting power on 3 for some reason. I must have misread your post.

As far as goalies go, I just think that reaction at 4 makes it too easy for the goalies to shut down the cross crease.

I'll test aggression at 3. Another thing I've noticed with higher aggression is similar to the above situation. I'll receive the puck in my defensive zone before the blue line, and the nearest defender will take a stride or two towards me, and I'll blow by him for an easy 2 on 1 or 3 on 1. Just some thoughts. I'll try to run another game tonight and post results again
Old 09-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have similar custom sliders, but with Goalie Reaction at 5 or 6. I actually had very good scoring games with the LA Kings. Quick was top-10 goalie through 60 games, but not a brick wall. Something like .920 sv% and 2.15 GAA, which put him around 7-10th in both categories.

Problem was I scored a lot, esp as the season went along cause I felt I got better, and went from 25-30 shots per game to closer to 40-50. Maybe tuner 1.03 had an effect, but I'm gonna start a new BaGM w/updated sliders and using 1.02 which is what I started with and used the whole way through until the last 5 games or so which is where I noticed the huge increase in shots on my end. I feel like the 60 games I played was a good gauge of where I wanted to be. It was somewhat easy so far since I was like 45-15-3 or something so I want to tune up the difficulty for the CPU but not too much where it completely flips.

As far as hits, I remember I had agression at 4 and hitting power at 3, and hits looked good, but the numbers were very inconsistent. Some games I would have 30 compared to 15 for the CPU, and others it would be the opposite.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #8
Just started!

OVR: 0

Great sliders! seen a lot varied games, boardplay and forchecking is really good, lots of different scores, penalties (avg 4-5 pg) i run a few cpu vs cpu games and it's as close to the real deal u can get with this game. Also like the separation between the top forwards and 3-4 liners, and the flow of the game feels good. Nice work!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »