Home

Punting in CCM

This is a discussion on Punting in CCM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Punting in CCM

I'm playing in player mode in CCM so I can't punt. My CPU controlled punter always punts short line drives. I'm using the skins and Sav Rocca isn't a terrible punter. Is this happening for anyone else? Any work around. My opponents always get great field position when I have to punt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 06:23 AM   #2
Rookie

jerkfactory's Arena

OVR: 1
I'm playing online coach CCM and the CPU keeps doing this against me.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Punting in CCM

Assumng CCM means Coach Career Mode, I have experienced the same, with th cpu. It was only one game so far, just bought it yesterday, but this is what I observerved after the game, for what it's worth.

Stats showed the cpu team (Vikings) used two players to punt, one whose position is P did just fine, averaged some 40 yds per punt, the other, whose position is K averaged 14 yds. Walsh and Kluwe are their names, don't remember which is which as far as P or K.

Looking at the Attributes for each, they were similar as far as kicking power, and kicking accuracy. Perhaps it is just a bona fide bug that if the cpu selects a K to Punt, it will screw up like this.

Not sure, but a bit annoying to say the least. Not sure there is any work around for it either.

Any other observations, experiences with this?
Old 10-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

Just increase the sliders for punting accuracy to the 60-70 range. Should do it...
Old 10-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just did a little more research on this forum and it seems...

1. this is known bug by EA
2. it is only preseason, as the K and P swap postions after 1st qtr.

I don't think we can control the other teams depth chart, so have to deal with it in preseason I guess. Maybe ncrese the sliders as you say during preseason, then back to normal during regular season?

My own team, Niners, were not affected, but I did an auto reorder after 2nd quarter and I think that put most of the first string in, including Lee. He punted just fine. I assume Akers would not have if I had not reordered.

Idid notice Gore was not very successful at running however, and that may require some attention. Reminded me of older versions of Madden where RB gets stuffed in backfield often. He finally managed about 60-70 yards I think.

Only one game, so time will tell I reckon.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »