Home

The 2013 New York Knicks: Do or Die Time, No More Excuses!

This is a discussion on The 2013 New York Knicks: Do or Die Time, No More Excuses! within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-24-2012, 08:59 PM   #1
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
The 2013 New York Knicks: Do or Die Time, No More Excuses!

Here we go!!!

Training camp is on the horizon and it's time for a new thread. No more excuses, no more "next year", no more "we need to add one more savior". The time is now.

We brought in size, toughness, defense, point guards and of course...age.

This is our first full season without Pringles as our coach in the post-Isiah era. We finally got rid of the doomed Isiah-era uniforms as well. Not quite our classic throwbacks but better than what we've worn over the last 15 years. No black = win.
  • Melo looks to be committed, pics/rumors/news from this summer sound promising.
  • STAT is back in shape and hopefully has added some semblance of a back-to-the-basket game, though he may barely get the chance to use it in our offense. I've been in the camp that his demise last year was greatly exaggerated, I think he'll have a great bounce back year now that he's healthy and trim.
  • Chandler, Shump, Brewer, Kidd, Camby, Thomas are all capable defenders.
  • Felton and Kidd are going to be huge area to watch this year. Their production will play a big role in our success.

As for team...
  • We've yet to play a playoff series in the STAT/Melo era with a real PG. Billups was hurt two years ago, same with Lin this past year.
  • 18-6 under Woody but we looked awful offensively against Miami. Granted we had no PG it was still very ugly.
  • Plain and simple - can we win with Melo?

Let's Go Knicks!!

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Excited.

Football is nice and all. But basketball makes me feel warm inside.

Sent from my mobile device.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 09-24-2012, 09:54 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: The 2013 New York Knicks: Do or Die Time, No More Excuses!

Yup its go time. Coach is in place, the core has spent some time together, and we have lots of depth. Love what I've been hearing all offseason about the commitment from coach down.

Can't wait for the season.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #4
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10
Another season almost under way.

Let's do this.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 09-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #5
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Hard to put this into words.

I'm not excited because I expect this team to win and make noise.

Many teams that come into camp with the rah-rah "we're so excited" talk is because they're hopeful that they can contend for the playoffs.

I'm not feeling that way this season. I expect this team to win.

Everyone is a veteran and have been there before. They need to act like it. Melo needs to be Melo. Stat needs to be Stat. Those guys can dominate any individual match ups every night of the week. They need to play like it and kick teams in the mouth. Play with attitude.

Everyone has bought into Woodson unlike that last coach who shall remain nameless. Time to start playing like a perennial playoff team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2012, 12:37 AM   #6
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a basketball season. This is the most stacked the Knicks have been since that finals run in 99. this coach I believe is really the best coach for this team right now. he is saying the right things bringing the right people and defensively you cant ask for better pieces ffrom free agency.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #7
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Everyone was wearing orange accessories with the home whites today at media day, IMO it makes the all blue waistband look even more absurd. It looks okay with blue accessories, hopefully that's what the players rock come game time.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 10-03-2012, 09:26 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Sheeeeeeeddddddddddd

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »