Home

Am I doing something wrong?

This is a discussion on Am I doing something wrong? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Am I doing something wrong?

I drafted 2 5 star (yellow) players, a C and a G. The center became the face of my franchise (95 ovr!!!!) but the G, he's never taken off? Am I doing something wrong? He's sitting at a 65 ovr, at 23 yrs of age. I played him in one full season in the NHL and the other 5 seasons in the AHL (full time starter). He's only risen 2 ovr per year! Is something wrong?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2012, 04:37 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Am I doing something wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaziruku
I drafted 2 5 star (yellow) players, a C and a G. The center became the face of my franchise (95 ovr!!!!) but the G, he's never taken off? Am I doing something wrong? He's sitting at a 65 ovr, at 23 yrs of age. I played him in one full season in the NHL and the other 5 seasons in the AHL (full time starter). He's only risen 2 ovr per year! Is something wrong?
Have you been upgrading your staff? The better your staff the more likely your prospects are to reach their full potential. Also if your Amatuer Scout is not upgraded he will give you bad information on players and their overall potential. If your Amatuer Scout is not upgrade to at least a level 3 or 4 he is going to miss on prospects sometimes and tell you that he is a 4 star "can not" miss prospect when actually hes not very good at all.

I personally think this is awesome because it adds to the realness of developing players. Plenty of players have come into the league as the next big thing and never panned out in all sports that is. While other players that are considered to be just average turn out to be very very good.

201 Rec. 2365 Yards 19 TD
3x All-RMAC 1x All-Colorado College Football

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GBM8UAYXZw (2009-2010 highlights)
Old 09-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternStateWR
I personally think this is awesome because it adds to the realness of developing players. Plenty of players have come into the league as the next big thing and never panned out in all sports that is. While other players that are considered to be just average turn out to be very very good.
I agree - there is no such thing as a guaranteed star coming into the league. I love that the next big thing may actually be a bust.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Maybe it's because goalies take longer to develop.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Okay, my player bumped to a 70 (up 7 ovr ) in 1 season. That's good. But I had my scout working ,it shws 5 star yellow, which means he has a higher ceiling, but may not treach the potential (will still be decent, though)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »