Home

Enjoying BeAGM so far, but the salary is becoming an issue.

This is a discussion on Enjoying BeAGM so far, but the salary is becoming an issue. within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Enjoying BeAGM so far, but the salary is becoming an issue.

I liked everything they have done so far in BeAGM (trading is much harder, I tried 3 draft picks and jacob markstrom for Brandon hope, no deal because Colorado doesn't want him.) but there are a lot of issues that are still so prominent it gets annoying.

First off, the salary. I like how they fixed up for 3rd liner, 2nd liner, etc. but so far players are also asking for WAY too much. This isn't the NBA. Players like Shinkaruk (which most people know is a sure fire player to pick up on their first year) and even Stamkos, BOTH ask for a premium 12m+. That's unacceptable. Players like Sidney Crosb/Ovechkin in their prime only have around 9m, and somehow these players want 12m?! That's the value of 2 players! I would think they would regulate salary so 1st liner would ask 6-8m but they just go over the top. With just 1 player at 12m it means I'm already losing another second liner.

Anyone else having these issues? I know any player around 89+ will ask for 11m....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Enjoying BeAGM so far, but the salary is becoming an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaziruku
I liked everything they have done so far in BeAGM (trading is much harder, I tried 3 draft picks and jacob markstrom for Brandon hope, no deal because Colorado doesn't want him.) but there are a lot of issues that are still so prominent it gets annoying.

First off, the salary. I like how they fixed up for 3rd liner, 2nd liner, etc. but so far players are also asking for WAY too much. This isn't the NBA. Players like Shinkaruk (which most people know is a sure fire player to pick up on their first year) and even Stamkos, BOTH ask for a premium 12m+. That's unacceptable. Players like Sidney Crosb/Ovechkin in their prime only have around 9m, and somehow these players want 12m?! That's the value of 2 players! I would think they would regulate salary so 1st liner would ask 6-8m but they just go over the top. With just 1 player at 12m it means I'm already losing another second liner.

Anyone else having these issues? I know any player around 89+ will ask for 11m....

Have you tried to offer less? I know in NHL 13 You are able to offer less money and sometimes the players do accept.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKD83
Have you tried to offer less? I know in NHL 13 You are able to offer less money and sometimes the players do accept.
Haven't tried it, but I usually look at the price they want and go near it. I'm sure I wouldn't be able to offer less than 11m though....
Old 09-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #4
Rookie

redslumber's Arena

The salary and contract system has been much more tolerable this year than in past years. For once, I'm actually playing BeaGM mode with the salary cap turned on!

I understand what you are experiencing with certain players asking for superstar money, but I think with the way they have the salary cap go up by 3-4 million each off-season, it sort of counter balances itself. I actually had to let Martin Havlat go one off-season because his $8+ million asking price was too high for me to pay him as a second liner lol. It actually forces me to push my prospects out of the farm and into the real team, rather than signing big money veterans in free agency every year.

The only problem I can see happening is when the salary floor starts to rise into the $90s, that we might have a problem with AI teams not being able to hit the salary cap floor; even with the $10 million dollar contracts that they're asking.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redslumber
The salary and contract system has been much more tolerable this year than in past years. For once, I'm actually playing BeaGM mode with the salary cap turned on!

I understand what you are experiencing with certain players asking for superstar money, but I think with the way they have the salary cap go up by 3-4 million each off-season, it sort of counter balances itself. I actually had to let Martin Havlat go one off-season because his $8+ million asking price was too high for me to pay him as a second liner lol. It actually forces me to push my prospects out of the farm and into the real team, rather than signing big money veterans in free agency every year.

The only problem I can see happening is when the salary floor starts to rise into the $90s, that we might have a problem with AI teams not being able to hit the salary cap floor; even with the $10 million dollar contracts that they're asking.
Really? I'm in my 6th year and salary has been stuck at 80m, it hasn't risen in 2 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2012, 04:28 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaziruku
Haven't tried it, but I usually look at the price they want and go near it. I'm sure I wouldn't be able to offer less than 11m though....

Usually you can get a player for WAY less then what they are asking for specially in the Offseason. I havent made it through a full season NHL '13 yet but i know on NHL '12 i would have players asking for a lot of money and i would cut 2-3 mill off the asking price and most would sign.

Basically the way i looked at it was the agent coming into town trying to get the best deal for his player. I consider what the players asking price to be is actually the agent coming in aiming high and hoping to end somewhere in the middle.

Another thing i noticed is that if they are an UFA then you might want to come close to that asking price, however if they are a RFA and they are asking for WAY to much, then just tender them and see if the CPU offers them a contract (which they usually wont specially if the asking price is 10+ mill). But even if they do offer then obviously you can take the picks or match the deal. However what happens in most cases is no CPU will offer a crazy amount of money and then that player will be stuck in a situation to where they are tendered and either have to decide to sit out a year or play for a lower price.

Now what im getting at is yes the players will most times sit out for the year instead of signing the tender deal, but if you advance past the FA signing period, you will notice that the players asking price starts dropping more and more as time goes on. Usually what happens is they will stop asking for that 5 year 11 million dollar contract, and settle for a 1 year 6 million dollar contract.

What this does though is allow you to at least have the player for 1 more year and let you make the adjustments needed to free up cap space to sign him again to the long term deal.

But Personally I LOVE that the game does this. As someone already says, it makes you have to cut ties with players when you sometimes dont want to, and makes you develope your prospects.

201 Rec. 2365 Yards 19 TD
3x All-RMAC 1x All-Colorado College Football

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GBM8UAYXZw (2009-2010 highlights)
Old 09-24-2012, 08:44 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternStateWR
Usually you can get a player for WAY less then what they are asking for specially in the Offseason. I havent made it through a full season NHL '13 yet but i know on NHL '12 i would have players asking for a lot of money and i would cut 2-3 mill off the asking price and most would sign.
I have offered guys way under what they have asked and they have rejected but their next offer of what they want was much lower. I have done this with a few guys. I normally low ball and see what they come back with.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

This really is a problem, Then again it is a problem in the NHL LOL I mean 5+ mill for wideman comeon.

Anyway back to the topic the money players are asking for is a joke. I have done one sim gm with my team the penguins and I am playing every game as the desert dogs. Anyway with the pens I have simmed about 5 seasons and some things have jump out to be as problems. I will list these

1. Pascal After a injuried filled season where he played a total of 22 games with 4 points he wanted 3.5 million a year.....WTF
2. Matt cooke wanted 3.2 million.
3. Malkin wanted 12.6 million. 4 mill above Crosby's contract which is a joke needless to say Malkin found a new home.
4. Flaurry wanted 7 mill after dropping his overall to 84 from 87.
5. Depres and morrow both want 4 mill after will really doing nothing big in
the NHL.
The free agents get worse and worse.
6.Cam barker 81 over D 4.2 million.
7.Toews be it a good players for 2 years (before my prospects came up and were ready) he wanted 15 mill a year. 15 F****** million, a bit much.
anyone that is between 75 and 80 overall is at least 3 million a year.
It isn't all bad.
8. 91 overall Letang only wanted 6.5 million (bargain for him)
9. Martin wanted 4 mill again and become one of my point leaders (if only in real life).

And just to add a little insult to how broken GM is Skinner Nash and grabner were all put on wievers.

I have come to find that be a gm with everything is just random and has little to no logic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »