Home

My player's rating goes down after winning the superbowl?

This is a discussion on My player's rating goes down after winning the superbowl? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-23-2012, 01:57 AM   #1
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4
My player's rating goes down after winning the superbowl?

ok i am seriously fed up right now with player progression. My second year qb meets all his season goals goes to the pro bowl wins superbowl and superbowl mvp and yet after the season his rating goes down from an 86 to an 84. That seriously has taking a lot out of me seeing as to everything I have done meant nothing. I am only one point better than my friends and they didn't even win any awards nor did they take theire terms to the playoffs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2012, 03:57 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: My player's rating goes down after winning the superbowl?

I agree. I'm doing Coach with the Seahawks. Russel Wilson got up to a 81 and going into next year, he's back to 79? Got the divisional round and lost and almost met his goal. Was about 400 passing yards shy. Their should be goals to maintain skill and more to improve it.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:22 AM   #3
Pro

D-MAC©®'s Arena

This happened to me with the Hawks too.
I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the consistency rating?
I just read a thread on this topic.
"Jonas Val-Su-Eno-Wow-Sauce."
aka: Jonas Valanciunas
NHL: Vancouver Canucks
NFL: Seattle Seahawks
NBA: Chicago Bulls
MLS: Vancouver Whitecaps
Old 09-23-2012, 05:27 AM   #4
Rookie

magnusjolnaes's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-MAC©®
This happened to me with the Hawks too.
I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the consistency rating?
I just read a thread on this topic.
I think you are pretty much right about the consistency.

The consistency makes your players' overall swing depending on how consistent they are. A QB that just lead his team to the Superbowl and won the MVP is probably on a pretty hot streak. That inflates his overall a bit.

However when the new season starts his hot streak is over - at least until he proves otherwise. Therefore he drops a bit in ovr rating.

I don't know if that's how things work in this particular incident, but what I would do is to try and check his skill ratings such as throw accuracy and play action and stuff. I pretty sure they should be the same.

Hope this helps
Colorado Rockies
Colorado Avalanche
Old 09-23-2012, 08:38 AM   #5
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnusjolnaes
I think you are pretty much right about the consistency.

The consistency makes your players' overall swing depending on how consistent they are. A QB that just lead his team to the Superbowl and won the MVP is probably on a pretty hot streak. That inflates his overall a bit.

However when the new season starts his hot streak is over - at least until he proves otherwise. Therefore he drops a bit in ovr rating.

I don't know if that's how things work in this particular incident, but what I would do is to try and check his skill ratings such as throw accuracy and play action and stuff. I pretty sure they should be the same.

Hope this helps
Well see one of the problems I ran into was that I used the xp I earned at the end of the season towards my guy however when I was buying the short accuracy upgrade I noticed that I was spending money for the upgrade however my rating wasn't going up. It just stayed at an 87. I didn't even realize it until after I wasted around 11000xp. That seriously made me want to break the game in half.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #6
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

Not sure about this.

After doing practice every week and going 9-7 with the Bills, Kellen Moore went from a 64 to 71 buying upgrades specifically to his player type and AWR Boosts. He had 46,something thousand. He met no personal goals only throwing 3,some yards and 24 TDs.

I've seen older players drop regardless of having a good season but never a 2 year QB. What is his age?
Old 09-25-2012, 02:43 AM   #7
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
Not sure about this.

After doing practice every week and going 9-7 with the Bills, Kellen Moore went from a 64 to 71 buying upgrades specifically to his player type and AWR Boosts. He had 46,something thousand. He met no personal goals only throwing 3,some yards and 24 TDs.

I've seen older players drop regardless of having a good season but never a 2 year QB. What is his age?
he is 25 years old. still young for a qb. so im afraid to spend any more points because the game doesnt warn you that you cant upgrade a certain attribute yet it takes your xp regardless.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:13 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
Well see one of the problems I ran into was that I used the xp I earned at the end of the season towards my guy however when I was buying the short accuracy upgrade I noticed that I was spending money for the upgrade however my rating wasn't going up. It just stayed at an 87. I didn't even realize it until after I wasted around 11000xp. That seriously made me want to break the game in half.
LOL. I upgraded a rookie LOLB's zone coverage from around a 55 to a 70 and then had the CPU take it all away. That set his development back about 8 games when you take into account all of the other attributes you could've been buying to help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »