Home

What do you think? Madden NFL 13 - Not for the casual fan?

This is a discussion on What do you think? Madden NFL 13 - Not for the casual fan? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

OVR: 6
What do you think? Madden NFL 13 - Not for the casual fan?

I came across this article today and am really curious to what you guys think. Pick this article apart, discuss, ask me questions, and add perspective.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...asual-fan.html

Appreciate it guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: What do you think? Madden NFL 13 - Not for the casual fan?

I don't think the article deserves a well thought out response. It's evident the author gave the game about five minutes and gave up. Complaining about a playbook that's too big is ridiculous.

To give my own personal feedback of Madden:

I absolutely love the new layout. You guys have done something unique and it is very deep. Some sort of video tutorial would be beneficial for those who are like the author of this article. I had to cruise through the menu for about a day before I was comfortable where everything was at.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 09-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
Madden & NBA 2K fanatic

Joobieo's Arena

OVR: 19

Okay after reading this ill give my two cents .

It seems as if he only played the game a few times and called it quits . He didn't seem interested in trying to advance his level of play he was only interested in loading the game and jumping straight into a game without trying to expand his ability to play the game.

Now on the note of is this game not for casual players ? Yes and no , being a 10+ year madden player this game seems to have a slightly larger learning curve than games in the past . The defensive AI is higher and you have to have the ability to read the defense . Some people hate I personally love the challenge .
Old 09-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I don't think the article deserves a well thought out response. It's evident the author gave the game about five minutes and gave up. Complaining about a playbook that's too big is ridiculous.

To give my own personal feedback of Madden:

I absolutely love the new layout. You guys have done something unique and it is very deep. Some sort of video tutorial would be beneficial for those who are like the author of this article. I had to cruise through the menu for about a day before I was comfortable where everything was at.
While the article isn't very extensive, I want this to be more about the implications of the article, not necessarily the the content.

I personally don't think Madden is too challenging for casual fans but want the hardcore's opinion.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #5
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joobieo
Okay after reading this ill give my two cents .
It seems as if he only played the game a few times and called it quits . He didn't seem interested in trying to advance his level of play he was only interested in loading the game and jumping straight into a game without trying to expand his ability to play the game.
Which makes him a casual gamer himself because that is what most casual gamers want to do, jump straight into the game without trying to learn how to play the game. So it seems he is just upset because he can't jump into the game no longer without actually spending time to learn the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #6
Rookie

Maitreya's Arena

OVR: 0

I think it's a bit advanced, but for those who really love the sport, you dive into the details because of your passion for the game. Same with any genre.

If you pick up COD, it's hard if you want to just go into a game and shoot stuff. However, if you master the loadout that works best for you, you become an exponentially better player.

A casual gamer can have fun with stuff like Gameflow built in to the game. Maybe throw back in the singular season mode with reduced salary cap stuff. Have trades based on only player attributes, not contracts.

It's not a hard game to pick up and play. Football is basically "move your team down the field by running or passing". The mechanics are simple. Move in the direction you want to run. Throw to the receiver with the corresponding icon.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #7
Madden & NBA 2K fanatic

Joobieo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
Which makes him a casual gamer himself because that is what most casual gamers want to do, jump straight into the game without trying to learn how to play the game. So it seems he is just upset because he can't jump into the game no longer without actually spending time to learn the game.
Exactly , I don't see how what he wrote could be turned any other direction.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #8
Madden & NBA 2K fanatic

Joobieo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmdotFrisk
While the article isn't very extensive, I want this to be more about the implications of the article, not necessarily the the content.

I personally don't think Madden is too challenging for casual fans but want the hardcore's opinion.
Want the hardcore version , most if not all of us here are "sim" players . So speaking on behalf of a lot of players here , we love the challenge .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »