Home

Faceoffs in NHL 13

This is a discussion on Faceoffs in NHL 13 within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-21-2012, 04:14 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Faceoffs in NHL 13

Hi,

I play using the hardcore Game Style, as I think it just plays a better game of hockey. In previous versions I never had problems with faceoffs, however in NHL 13 I have noticed I am barely at 25% of faceoff wins.

Usually I'd change the sliders to balance it a bit, but due to using the following set up for GM Connected

Skill Level: Pro
Game Style: Hardcore
Period: 8 mins

I cannot adjust the sliders, as I want to keep everyone to the same settings for the league.

So has anyone noticed anything different for winning faceoffs against the CPU in this version of the game. Any tips?

Thanks,

Bradley
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 04:23 AM   #2
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Faceoffs in NHL 13

I haven't had any problems at all with face-offs in 13.
A bit harder perhaps, but I'm using the exact same techniques as last year.

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex
Old 09-21-2012, 04:53 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

That just makes it all the more frustrating then!

Last year I was 62% throughout my season, same settings (Pro, Hardcore, 8 mins). This year after three official games, I am at 22%

Oh well, will need to practice some more I suppose.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

I think they're more difficult for sure, but as JezFranco mentioned the same strategies appear to still apply.

I was having difficulty at first, but I found that lowering the faceoff difficulty slider (yes, I know you mentioned you can't touch sliders) even 1 single click made them FAR too easy. As in I would win all but 1 or 2 draws per game with 10 minute periods. The default difficulty (5/6 I think?) is probably better because of this, it's just a matter of sharpening your skills. Slowly I'm getting there...
Old 09-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

Tell your commish to bump down the faceoff slider 1 notch. The default setting is all the way in favor of the CPU so you will not win a lot of draws unless you fix the slider.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #6

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Faceoffs should be at 4. Which is ironic considering that the demo was on 4, yet I won like 10% of my faceoffs, now it's about 50-60% in the full game(has nothing to do with practice)
Old 09-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I didn't want to start a new post about faceoffs so I'll post here.

I played at 4 on the sliders for ~60 games, and I would win between 60-80% every game. But when I bumped it up to 5 for the last 6-8 games, I would win like 25-40% per game. Anyone know what other sliders may affect this?

I'd also like to note that when I bumped it up to 5, I turned attribute effects down from 6 to 3, but I wouldn't think it would make a huge difference. Maybe it's as simple as balancing the two, but any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm also having trouble with faceoffs on hardcore game style. I run a GM Connected league with my friend, girlfriend, and my dad and we played about 20 games before we decided to bump the play style up to hardcore. Before, we were playing on normal and nobody had trouble winning faceoffs. Personally, I feel like I'm awesome at faceoffs and know all the moves and win 60-70% offline, online, and everything in between.

I've never had problems winning them until playing NHL 13's hardcore style. It carries over to BaP where I have 88 faceoffs and I'm getting annihilated by CHL nobodys. Now the four of us in my GM Connected league are averaging about 20-25% faceoff wins. It's pretty frustrating because we like a challenge but this seems impossible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »