Home

CCM: Player asking to negotiate contract so he can make $20 million less...

This is a discussion on CCM: Player asking to negotiate contract so he can make $20 million less... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-21-2012, 03:20 AM   #1
Rookie

BombshellRocks's Arena

OVR: 3
CCM: Player asking to negotiate contract so he can make $20 million less...

Did a search and couldn't find anything on this but has anyone experienced this in their CCM?

Just finished week 2 as the Cardinals and Calais Campbell has asked to negotiate his contract. He still has 5 years left making around $55 million so it's strange he would be doing so. What's even more strange is I decided to see if he would accept the default proposal of 5 years at $30 million (yearly + signing bonus) and he accepted. That's really sweet of the guy to put the team first but slightly immersion breaking.

Anyone have any similar experience with this happening in their CCM? If I ignore this will it cause any negative impact?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 03:26 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: CCM: Player asking to negotiate contract so he can make $20 million less...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombshellRocks
Did a search and couldn't find anything on this but has anyone experienced this in their CCM?

Just finished week 2 as the Cardinals and Calais Campbell has asked to negotiate his contract. He still has 5 years left making around $55 million so it's strange he would be doing so. What's even more strange is I decided to see if he would accept the default proposal of 5 years at $30 million (yearly + signing bonus) and he accepted. That's really sweet of the guy to put the team first but slightly immersion breaking.

Anyone have any similar experience with this happening in their CCM? If I ignore this will it cause any negative impact?
Not immersion breaking whatsoever, it does happen, albeit it's a major news story when it does. Knowing Looman, there are probably personality traits behind the scenes for players which make some more apt to ask to restructure in order to help the team/salary cap.

Funny, I'm just starting my new CCM as ARI also...I don't think I'll try it on him though, might save/load to see if i get same result tho...

Oh, what kind of coach are you?
Old 09-21-2012, 03:42 AM   #3
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

It is pretty common, however it seems to be much more common with players that just signed big deals. This leads me to believe there may have been a script in place before the contracts were entered for those players (but who knows). Ex. Drew Brees asks for a new lesser contract every time in year 1 which seems pretty unlikely with how that scenario unfolded.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:04 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
It is pretty common, however it seems to be much more common with players that just signed big deals. This leads me to believe there may have been a script in place before the contracts were entered for those players (but who knows). Ex. Drew Brees asks for a new lesser contract every time in year 1 which seems pretty unlikely with how that scenario unfolded.
hmm, maybe the logic was written before they signed the contracts in real life (so they thought in-game they still had to negotiate) and only the salaries were updated without updating the logic? Yeah, sounds like a good guess Pandetta!
Old 09-21-2012, 04:40 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

I thought you were limited to contract talks only with players whos contracts are expiring? It's stupid I can't open up talks with anyone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 08:35 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

isnt the correct way it should work, all guaranteed from the original $55m deal not yet paid is paid this year, and then add base and new bonus for this year?

i think front office has that right, you renegotiate the contract to get more guaranteed and maybe another year or two added at the end, as a franchise youd prefer no guaranteed.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #7
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombshellRocks

Yeah its happened to me too and is in no way realistic. Desean Jackson wanted a new deal the first week of the season even though he just signed one for 5 mill this offseason. He wanted the same five years but for over a million fewer per year.

I also noticed a bunch of stars around the league like (Matt Forte and Ray Rice) who signed new contracts this offseason irl were being signed by their CPU teams for new contracts with less money. Pretty big immersion killer and an easy way to cheat the system in online CCs by resigning your stars for cheaper and saving a ton of money. It will make commissioners of online CCs that much harder as they'll have to police these illogical resignings.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 09-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
Not immersion breaking whatsoever, it does happen, albeit it's a major news story when it does. Knowing Looman, there are probably personality traits behind the scenes for players which make some more apt to ask to restructure in order to help the team/salary cap.

Funny, I'm just starting my new CCM as ARI also...I don't think I'll try it on him though, might save/load to see if i get same result tho...

Oh, what kind of coach are you?
In the real world restructures happen, however there are 2 common types:
1.) The underperforming guy with a massive first round pick contract. He is basically asked to take a salary reduction or get cut. I think Gholston of the Jets and Aaron Curry accepted these reductions in real life. Calais Campbell doesn't fit that description though.
2.) The star player making mega bucks asked to restructure and take a lower amount this year to help the team stay under the cap. What most don't seem to realise is that these players don't actually end up with less money, but with either more or more guaranteed money. The help is that they agree to get the money later than the original contract (basically backloading the contract) and in return they get more or more money is guaranteed. An example of this is Richard Seymour at the raiders.

Campbell could fit this scenario, however the situation described by the op simply does not match this since Campbell is taking less money then agreed. So yeah, imo this is some form of bug or fault in programming where the player isn't supposed to take less money but does.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »