Home

QB awareness?

This is a discussion on QB awareness? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
QB awareness?

Question is if you are not simming games and playing all your games does QB awareness matter at all? If I have a rookie qb who has really low awarness is it worth spending XP? any benefits? Avoid the rush better? Have more passes hit off defenders hands rather then be picked? anything like that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: QB awareness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYM72382
Question is if you are not simming games and playing all your games does QB awareness matter at all? If I have a rookie qb who has really low awarness is it worth spending XP? any benefits? Avoid the rush better? Have more passes hit off defenders hands rather then be picked? anything like that?
about 99% sure that if you are controlling him, your brain is his awareness.

if you are smart, he will do well. if you are not, not so much.

test it in the Play Now mode. create 2 identical players, one with 99 AWR the other with 0.

but i know from experience i can kill with an running back with low awareness.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
Rookie

I agree. I don't think if you are doing user on a player that the AWR does anything.

In all the previous Maddens I think AWR is mostly how quickly the player reacts and uses his other skills. Which comes in handy with players you aren't controlling and obviously simming.

Well it will also boost OVR rating if you care about that.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:37 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawks13
I agree. I don't think if you are doing user on a player that the AWR does anything.

In all the previous Maddens I think AWR is mostly how quickly the player reacts and uses his other skills. Which comes in handy with players you aren't controlling and obviously simming.

Well it will also boost OVR rating if you care about that.
thanks for the info! if it is a rookie QB and i plan on keeping him i could care less about the OVR rating. Actually when his rookie deal is up it is even better his OVR is lower as he should ask for less lol....so seems like AWR for a human controlled QB is just stupid! lol
Old 09-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYM72382
thanks for the info! if it is a rookie QB and i plan on keeping him i could care less about the OVR rating. Actually when his rookie deal is up it is even better his OVR is lower as he should ask for less lol....so seems like AWR for a human controlled QB is just stupid! lol
if you sim any games it will matter though.

i sim the regular season just to play the playoffs and do the offseason stuff, so i that's why it would matter to my QB.

plus, i kinda like semi-realism so i will give up some XP points to boost AWR over time as i feel if my QB is winning playoff games, it only makes sense.

but if you never sim, and don't care about "realistic" ratings, don't spend points on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmetalbooze
if you sim any games it will matter though.

i sim the regular season just to play the playoffs and do the offseason stuff, so i that's why it would matter to my QB.

plus, i kinda like semi-realism so i will give up some XP points to boost AWR over time as i feel if my QB is winning playoff games, it only makes sense.

but if you never sim, and don't care about "realistic" ratings, don't spend points on it.
I love realism and managing teams too...I have played games like sportsmogul or head coach which is juat all simming....just in this league I am playing against other humans who have better madden skill then me so I need any and every advantage i can get!
Old 09-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #7
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

OVR: 6

In addition to awareness, does "sense pressure" and "throw ball away" type of ratings not matter if you play all games as well? I'm assuming it doesn't, which is why I haven't wasted xp on it because, I too, play all my games.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:24 PM   #8
Madden & NBA 2K fanatic

Joobieo's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut88
In addition to awareness, does "sense pressure" and "throw ball away" type of ratings not matter if you play all games as well? I'm assuming it doesn't, which is why I haven't wasted xp on it because, I too, play all my games.
No they don't matter .

The only one I'm debating on at the moment is consistency , I've upped my QB I'm in year 7 , from two to four and it SEEMS he doesn't do crazy throws anymore as often .

Know when you have a wide open guy ( if your using custom sliders ) and your QB throws a ball wayyyy in the wrong direction I think this stat contributs to that

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »