Home

Trouble pounding the rock

This is a discussion on Trouble pounding the rock within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
Rookie

DMil55's Arena

OVR: 1
Trouble pounding the rock

Im really struggling to run the ball in my dynasty, just wondering if anyone had some advice on how to improve my run game with out adjusting my sliders?

Im currently playing as Utah State and they have a couple solid RB's but I have really struggled in my first 2 games. I play on AA with default sliders for the most part with a few minor tweaks.
New York Yankees

" WIN THE DAY "

Last edited by DMil55; 09-18-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Trouble pounding the rock

I also play on AA with default sliders. I feel like I am pretty decent at running the ball. What type of formations are you trying to run out of? Also, (you probably already know this) make sure you play the "numbers game" against the D and be patient in the backfield. Often times, the "designated runner path" is not as successful as you making your own route. I run out of a lot of single-back formations and tend to do pretty well with the run. If it wasn't for my amazing passing offense, I'm sure I'd be near the top in rushing each season.

Let me know if you need clarification or help

---Justin
Old 09-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Make sure you use slide protection..It's not just for pass blocking which i wouldn't even suggest using it for...
-If you are running to the outside slide protect that direction and your line will get out in front, be patient don't cram turbo
-If your running at a blitz up the middle slide protect aggressive
-lastly if the defense looks to be in base coverage no blitz slide protect pinch and the lineman will double team A defensive tackle and then up to the LB pending you don't out run your blocks
-Lastly I think i just discovered pancake blocks are tied to user run block slider at 55. They block better at this level and also the pancakes actually register compared to 10 a season on 50 or below.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:43 PM   #4
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa13
Make sure you use slide protection..It's not just for pass blocking which i wouldn't even suggest using it for...
-If you are running to the outside slide protect that direction and your line will get out in front, be patient don't cram turbo
-If your running at a blitz up the middle slide protect aggressive
-lastly if the defense looks to be in base coverage no blitz slide protect pinch and the lineman will double team A defensive tackle and then up to the LB pending you don't out run your blocks
-Lastly I think i just discovered pancake blocks are tied to user run block slider at 55. They block better at this level and also the pancakes actually register compared to 10 a season on 50 or below.
Slide protection does NOT work on runs. At all. Not even a little. Slide protection DOES work incredibly well on passes, I don't know why you'd recommend against it, I use it almost every pass play.

Pancake blocks do require user run block above 55. I just quit an OD where the clown commissioner had user run block on 65 and teams were getting 20 or more pancake blocks a game. I played another user who had 22 pancake blocks against me. I'd rather have realistic game play than the meaningless pancake stat, which isn't even a recorded stat in real life.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Turn off auto sprint....then use manual sprint only after you have hit your opening....if you hit it too early it seems like it draw the defenders' attention.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 10:33 PM   #6
Just started!

OVR: 0

I feel like I am pretty decent at running the ball
Old 09-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #7
Rookie

DMil55's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks all these tips have been helpful, the two things that made the biggest difference were turning off auto sprint ( I thought i had already turned it off ) and putting run block up to 55 made a big difference too. Thanks for all the advice
New York Yankees

" WIN THE DAY "
Old 09-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Slide protection does NOT work on runs. At all. Not even a little. Slide protection DOES work incredibly well on passes, I don't know why you'd recommend against it, I use it almost every pass play.

Pancake blocks do require user run block above 55. I just quit an OD where the clown commissioner had user run block on 65 and teams were getting 20 or more pancake blocks a game. I played another user who had 22 pancake blocks against me. I'd rather have realistic game play than the meaningless pancake stat, which isn't even a recorded stat in real life.
Your an idiot I gave advice didn't ask you to tell me running for over 1,000 yards every season does NOT work when I obviously have success. Feel free to give advice next time and not your opinion on someone else's. Pancake stats are important as there are offensive line awards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »