Home

XP points for making playoffs, SB win, records, etc.

This is a discussion on XP points for making playoffs, SB win, records, etc. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-18-2012, 01:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
XP points for making playoffs, SB win, records, etc.

hi, can someone tell me what rough amount of XP players get for various milestones like making the playoffs, winning a playoffs game, winning the SB, setting a record, etc.

does it amp up for such big games or does the standard game-by-game point system still apply?

in particular, i'm interested in QB and running back XP. thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmetalbooze
hi, can someone tell me what rough amount of XP players get for various milestones like making the playoffs, winning a playoffs game, winning the SB, setting a record, etc.

does it amp up for such big games or does the standard game-by-game point system still apply?

in particular, i'm interested in QB and running back XP. thanks.
Its still the standard amount. The only one who benefits the most is the coach who gets 10000 for making the playoffs followed by a possible 10000 more for an extension.
Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: XP points for making playoffs, SB win, records, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Its still the standard amount. The only one who benefits the most is the coach who gets 10000 for making the playoffs followed by a possible 10000 more for an extension.
Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
really? that's a drag. i just play playoffs and was hoping if i won the SB i might get a big XP bonus.

thanks for the answer, even if it's not what i wanted to hear.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:49 PM   #4
Rookie

koszak27's Arena

OVR: 0

Yearly awards are what get you the bonus XP at the end of the season.

"It is amazing how many drivers think that the brakes are for slowing the car down."
Mario Andretti

FIFA '15 Dynasty: Team of Randoms
Old 09-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

[quote=koszak27;2044189598]Yearly awards are what get you the bonus XP at the end of the season.[/quot

Does this XP for yearly awards hit right after week 17 or do you have to wait until teh super bowl is over?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by koszak27
Yearly awards are what get you the bonus XP at the end of the season.
this is interesting; can you please elaborate?

what are the awards for and who gets them?... only the single highest achiever in the league per position, or for everyone?

what kind of XP bonuses are given (approx)?

when in the season do they come in?

thanks!
Old 09-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #7
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

after the season, wildcard week, check the twitter feed, it will list who won what award, if you set it to your team, you willl see stuff like #nfcdpoy and stuff like that.

it also counts pro bowls as an award.

problem is that 1st year players, and drafted players have no chance at a lot of positions, go get 5 superbowls, 20 awards, and you wont get in at S or CB with a drafted player, stand no chance with anyone at OL, DT, you can set the sack record all time and still not get in at DE. OLB, equally difficult, had a guy recently with 4 superbowls, 6 afc championships 12 awards, was a BEAST for my 3-4 for 16 seasons, and he had 3500 or so overall. that wont get you anywhere near the darn hall.

while hb's, wr's, qb's are the easiest thing in the world, dont even get me started on te's, which you will see guys like shockey, and heath miller get in, while some guy who sets the interceptions record, outdoes deion in EVERY single way, and still has 1/3rd his total points.

they must fix the darn legacy, but this is just another on the list of many that should have been checked. if I get an OL to beast for me through 6 super bowls, wins 20 awards, and finds himself with like 2500 points, something is really wrong.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:57 PM   #8
Rookie

DesiKing93's Arena

OVR: 1
Angry Re: XP points for making playoffs, SB win, records, etc.

I have to agree with the notion that something is wrong with the legacy system. Firstly, cornerbacks have a near impossible time getting into the hall because they dont really produce any valued stats. Madden stupidly has a catch allowed stat but no catches targeted stat. Catches allowed/Catches targeted multiplied by yards given up per catch would be a better way of judging cornerbacks for awards and attaining legacy points. Shutdown corners like Revis would benefit in this system. What I see is that corners with more int getting pro bowl appearances and even then no corner consistently gets a high number of ints every year, so the hall of fame is out of question. Offensive linemen simply dont make the hall unless they have won 5+ sbs and 15+ awards while half of the current qbs seem to be in the hall. Also, the coach legacy system is simply broken. My coach has won 6 sbs now (im in my 15th or so season) and has a high winning percentage and yet he has only 350 legacy points! He has less legacy points than roughly 20 coaches who havent even won a championship. It just doesn't make sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »