Home

High Broken Tackles and Low Tackling is a necessity.

This is a discussion on High Broken Tackles and Low Tackling is a necessity. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
High Broken Tackles and Low Tackling is a necessity.

Over the last two weeks, while watching individual NFL games, and NFL Redzone, there is no doubt IMO, that the Broken Tackle slider needs to be fairly high to high, and the Tackle slider needs to be low. Watching all the plays, especially on Redzone, I could no longer keep track of the amount of broken tackles, and missed tackles, because there were so many of them. I'm not just talking about RB's breaking tackles. I'm seeing plenty of them from WR's and TE's. I went through the slider forum, and checked the slider sets, and for the most part, the Broken Tackles sliders seem to be fairly high, but the Tackle sliders are way to high. Regardless of what slider set I've tried, and I've tried most of them, I always bring the Tackle slider down to between 0 and 8. From what I see and experience, this has made for realistic football, plus the tackle animations are far better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: High Broken Tackles and Low Tackling is a necessity.

I play with my Broken Tackles on 65 while my Tackling is on 35. I don't have no complaints with this setting, although I may bump up the BT just to see more ground covered by HBs.

Dwayne Wade is the G.O.AT.!!
Old 09-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #3
Banned

Just try lowering the tackle slider to around 10 or so, and you should see a different game.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

You can try the final set I have posted up. It is set up for a great approach to the ground game.

User Tackle is 10, and CPU break tackle is 64.

Last edited by Jd_Seven; 09-17-2012 at 04:31 AM.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:14 PM   #5
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

CPU break tackle at 60 and user tackle at 10 ismwhatmi use as well. Couple that with high CPU run block and low user rush reaction and block shed and the CPU can run it

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlboy82
Over the last two weeks, while watching individual NFL games, and NFL Redzone, there is no doubt IMO, that the Broken Tackle slider needs to be fairly high to high, and the Tackle slider needs to be low. Watching all the plays, especially on Redzone, I could no longer keep track of the amount of broken tackles, and missed tackles, because there were so many of them. I'm not just talking about RB's breaking tackles. I'm seeing plenty of them from WR's and TE's. I went through the slider forum, and checked the slider sets, and for the most part, the Broken Tackles sliders seem to be fairly high, but the Tackle sliders are way to high. Regardless of what slider set I've tried, and I've tried most of them, I always bring the Tackle slider down to between 0 and 8. From what I see and experience, this has made for realistic football, plus the tackle animations are far better.
Not my sliders. My green and red sliders are usually equal with the CPUs breaktackles and the USER tackling but I always have the CPUs breaktackles higher on the blue and black set but you see a fair amount of broke tackles anyway with the tackling and breaktackle slider matched up.. I'm talking about my play now sliders by the way which is how the gameplay is suppose to be. With my CCM sliders I have the USER tackling at 0 with the CPU breaktackles super high since the sliders are broken in that mode and the CPU can't run the ball.. I like to keep the USER breaktackles matched up with the CPUs tackling. The USER gets a good amount of breaktackles per game with that setup..
Old 09-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7
It really depends on the game speed. A lower one, you want to increase tackling. A higher one, you want to decrease tackling.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »