Home

EASHL would be close to perfect if..

This is a discussion on EASHL would be close to perfect if.. within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-16-2012, 03:04 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
EASHL would be close to perfect if..

I started playing EASHL in NHL12 and loved it at first. Once all the glitch goals came out, it got pretty unplayable, but they eventually fixed those. There were still a few things wrong with the game, but whatever.

This year, the AI teammates are MUCH better with the puck. They will make solid passes if you are open and don't seem to skate right next to a puck carrier without trying to disrupt nearly as much.

A few things they did not address:

AI defenders STILL get blown by if you lose a faceoff at the center dot. Almost every single time.

While the AI players got smarter, they are still pretty much useless if they are near the boards. Its like they just forget what to do and skate into a corner.

In offensive zone faceoffs, the defenders are stuck in quicksand if you win it back between them.

Goalies pass it out way less, but still at some ridiculous times.

They did do a great job at making AI goalies better, but I think in some aspects, it is a little ridiculous. Earlier today me and a friend lost 3 straight games by 1 goal, and every one of the opponents goals was weak as hell. Soft wrist shots hitting the pad and trickling between the legs, soft slappers that pop over the goalies back and drop in, etc. All the while, the other goalie is making diving saves left and right. Played one game earlier that went to double OT at 0-0. My team had 43 shots, most coming from pretty damn close. Other team had 21 and they score on a puck trickling through the legs.

I know goalies needed to be improved, but when my team plays solid D and O and we have 5-7 wide open cross creases, the goalie should not make a superman diving save every time. Absolutely infuriating.

Hopefully some of these get fixed, because it seems that the team that plays real hockey rather than arcade hockey actually wins a big majority of the time this year, something that last year's game lacked.

Edit: Also, the Dmen still take slapshots into players that are directly in front of them, causing a breakaway going the other way.

Last edited by CJDolan; 09-16-2012 at 03:06 AM. Reason: Omission
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #2
Rookie

Paws's Arena

Re: EASHL would be close to perfect if..

I feel the same about the goalies. Played about 7 games and just about every goal was weak as hell. Last game went to OT4 and computer goalie was Dominic Hasek in his prime.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

eashl would be close to perfect if people didn't play it.

cheesing has single handedly ruined online for me. i dont get the joy of scoring 6 goals a period the exact same way over and over and over for hundreds of games.

the beauty of sports is that anything can happen. you set up on the point to try and score, you cycle to try and get people out of position. you deke on breakaways to try and get the goalie to bite. nope. no point in all of this if you can successfully carry it into the slot and shoot straight top shelf.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Personally i haven't come across any cheesers in drop in games yet. I have played about 30 games and most of the goals have been legit except a few penalty shots or breakaways where the player skated in backwards and scored. It's a lot better than NHL 12 where you have people snipe 6 goals with the wrister. The major problem i have with EASHL is the framerate, reminds me of playing on the pc with a cheap video card.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther84
Personally i haven't come across any cheesers in drop in games yet. I have played about 30 games and most of the goals have been legit except a few penalty shots or breakaways where the player skated in backwards and scored. It's a lot better than NHL 12 where you have people snipe 6 goals with the wrister. The major problem i have with EASHL is the framerate, reminds me of playing on the pc with a cheap video card.
a pal of mine REALLY loves the mode, but i hate it since it was introduced... but we played our first game and lost, and i kid you not, 8-0. and all of the goals, were cheese.

we went 4-4 before i quit and had enough. every single player i've come across is a little bitch and pulls the same mode. not even fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrody
a pal of mine REALLY loves the mode, but i hate it since it was introduced... but we played our first game and lost, and i kid you not, 8-0. and all of the goals, were cheese.

we went 4-4 before i quit and had enough. every single player i've come across is a little bitch and pulls the same mode. not even fun.
These goals way way down if you play with more people. I realized last year when that shortside glitch was in it's prime that if you play 2v2 and the other team does that ****, you're screwed. If you play 3s or 4s those things get much better, especially if you have a good dman. I've been playing D all day today and it is so much easier than last year. Poke checks work really well and if you stay in position, you're probably gonna come out on top.

EASHL does suck though if you play a team that tries glitch goals every time. Feels nice when you beat them though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »