Home

#NBALive13 Update: Advisory Council

This is a discussion on #NBALive13 Update: Advisory Council within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
Pro

22cedric's Arena

OVR: 11
#NBALive13 Update: Advisory Council

http://thaliveking.com/2012/09/14/nb...isory-council/

Follow: @ThaLiveKing, @EASPORTSNBA for Updates
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: #NBALive13 Update: Advisory Council

Listening to feedback is great. However, it's sad that EA needs people to tell them that what they have is not ready.

Seems to me like they're not in the stage of using feedback to make it better, but using feedback to actually tell them what they need to do.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 09-14-2012, 08:48 PM   #3
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

I pretty much have zero faith in EA to come through until I'm personally playing that legit copy of Live myself. It's one of those see it and then believe it type of deals at this point. Same old song and dance over and over again like clockwork. There is no shortage of feedback on what's wrong and right with the NBA Live series. If there's really this much concern about feedback then all they have to do is ask. Again, they didn't, they went silent and wasted yet more time developing without showing ANYTHING to get feedback on what they're doing and what the consumers feel is going right or wrong with their progress. Hell they really don't even have to ask for feedback, just go through the thousands of feedback/wishlist/review threads at bball game forums on the net throughout all of their releases this generation. Hell they can go through the 2K wishlists to get the pulse of the bball community and what they want. They act like they're trying to cure cancer not make a basketball game.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:19 PM   #4
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

The whole "Moving in the right direction" thing...how many times has this been said? So many times before. It's as if, no matter what they have, it seems like the're moving there.

Really, sometimes I think it can be said about anything, it doesn't even matter. "Oh, EA has new desks at the office. They're definitely moving in the right direction".

Will they ever actually get to where they're supposed to be moving to? Or "It's not the destination, it's the ride", as some car manufacturers would tell you.

Hopefully they get to the promised land at some point. It would be nice to have another PLAYABLE basketball game every year. One can only dream...

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 09-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #5
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
The whole "Moving in the right direction" thing...how many times has this been said? So many times before. It's as if, no matter what they have, it seems like the're moving there.

Really, sometimes I think it can be said about anything, it doesn't even matter. "Oh, EA has new desks at the office. They're definitely moving in the right direction".

Will they ever actually get to where they're supposed to be moving to? Or "It's not the destination, it's the ride", as some car manufacturers would tell you.

Hopefully they get to the promised land at some point. It would be nice to have another PLAYABLE basketball game every year. One can only dream...
This is my problem with all this. We're going around in circles with the same stuff. Delayed indefinitely? Giving them time to polish up the game? Are people so desperate for a second basketball title for the pretend competition that it's supposed to bring that they're memories are erased? This is exactly how the Elite cancellation started.

September 27th or 28th. The exact date of Elite's delay. What was said?

Quote:
EA Sports President Peter Moore explains in a blog post on the publisher's website says the game "would benefit from more time in development."
"Feedback from consumers is a very important part of the process," reads Moore's post. "NBA Elite had the benefit of play-testing, a demo and a lot of our own research. All that feedback revealed some concerns about gameplay polish."
Feedback was the marching tune back then too and yet we still had a total eclipse of all things Live outside of the E3 fiasco and Leakgate. All that, all that they apparently learned way back when and here we are getting the same song and dance again. It's just mind boggling what we're witnessing right now. If I didn't know better, I'd say the lady that owned the Cleveland Indians in Major League owned EA and was trying to intentionally sabotage the brand so they could sell Live off or something with how crazy this downfall of the brand has been.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 11:59 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22cedric
http://thaliveking.com/2012/09/14/nb...isory-council/

Follow: @ThaLiveKing, @EASPORTSNBA for Updates
The "Advisory Council" has exactly zero input into this title and in fact are nothing more than a PR and marketing tool.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:08 AM   #7
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Competition is only competition if both parties have something to offer that the other is lacking, wanting live to be released just for the sake for have 2 basketball game means nothing if live is not bring anything new to the table except online connection. 2k has already taken the one thing that live had over 2k for almost 10 year which is the dribble stick.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:06 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

The problem is NBA Live is so far behind, the fact that they can't get a decent game up in running, after two years, is troublesome. How would they ever manage to be equal or greater to 2K? It would take a decade of development time.

EA simply has a VERY low budget for NBA Live. And not enough programmers. That's the truth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »