Home

Accelerated Clock ... Come on EA...

This is a discussion on Accelerated Clock ... Come on EA... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
Rookie

xTriiipZx's Arena

OVR: 5
Accelerated Clock ... Come on EA...

I can't imagine this is a big fix... can we please get this done ASAP!

I'm not one to complain... but this is a major bug. We are being forced to run our PvP leagues with 7 minute clocks instead of higher amounts with run downs.

I don't care if it doesn't seem like an issue to some. This is a huge deal for true sim gamers. It messes with the flow of the game. It also makes for unrealistic amounts of changes at the LOS, etc.

How difficult could something like this be to fix? It needs to be done now...

Stop putting out crap like fantasy draft and get the basic gameplay issues worked out first. Then add those additional features.
5 Teams Still Available For Madden 2013
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Accelerated Clock ... Come on EA...

this feature makes me not even want to start my league. Should this roster actually work today we are going anyways.

Gonna wager when the fix is in (if it does come, if it does work) it'll require a CC restart anyways.

I've been running a full 32 man OF since M10, but I'm about ready to retire. This is just stupid that so many things "in the game" literally don't bloody work.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #3
Rookie

xTriiipZx's Arena

OVR: 5

IF the update ever does come... and it requires a restart... I'd probably sell my game.
5 Teams Still Available For Madden 2013
Old 09-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

What is the problem with accelerated clock? It always worked in my offline ccms
Old 09-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #5
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTriiipZx
I can't imagine this is a big fix... can we please get this done ASAP!

I'm not one to complain... but this is a major bug. We are being forced to run our PvP leagues with 7 minute clocks instead of higher amounts with run downs.

I don't care if it doesn't seem like an issue to some. This is a huge deal for true sim gamers. It messes with the flow of the game. It also makes for unrealistic amounts of changes at the LOS, etc.

How difficult could something like this be to fix? It needs to be done now...

Stop putting out crap like fantasy draft and get the basic gameplay issues worked out first. Then add those additional features.
Sounds like true sim to me!

Let me let you in on a little secret. If you bump the time down, you will still get cool simulation-like stats and have to play less. Or take you time picking plays like in a real football game. Yes, it sucks that it doesn't work, but it's not something to start a fecal storm over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen

Let me let you in on a little secret. If you bump the time down, you will still get cool simulation-like stats and have to play less. Or take you time picking plays like in a real football game. Yes, it sucks that it doesn't work, but it's not something to start a fecal storm over.

Cause you know, clock management has nothing to do with real life football right? Just run plays as fast as possible and whoever has the most points wins! What is this, basketball?

Who cares about adding additional layers to the game, where players can try to grind out games with a power run game and take over control of the clock. I mean, that stuff just doesn't matter, at least I can draft Tom Brady to Cleveland now.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #7
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen

This was a nice little post. Not everyone has the benefit of time ,and yes, it does mess with the flow of the game considering the fact that Acc clock works in regular online head to head and community games so....yeah. That would mess with anyone when it was previously working, to it then NOT working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
Cause you know, clock management has nothing to do with real life football right? Just run plays as fast as possible and whoever has the most points wins! What is this, basketball?

Who cares about adding additional layers to the game, where players can try to grind out games with a power run game and take over control of the clock. I mean, that stuff just doesn't matter, at least I can draft Tom Brady to Cleveland now.
I apologize. My sarcasm meter was broken.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #8
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

been needing this as well in my 3 leagues, it's bad enough the kept fantasy draft a secret after spending so much time making a custom one (glad it is in for m14 tho). it really messes with fatigue since most guys do not to 30 seconds to pick a play and snap the ball.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »