Home

Why do people hate CCM Progression?

This is a discussion on Why do people hate CCM Progression? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-14-2012, 07:23 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Why do people hate CCM Progression?

I'm currently in love with it.

I created a guy, an undrafted rookie who came in with a 72 overall ... After 5 years of practice he is now a 76 25 year old.

How many undrafted QBs go on to have prominent roles? Have to work your way up the ladder. I actually love it. You improve by 1-1.5 overall points per year due to practices which is legit.

I like the challenge, I hope they don't go make progression stupid so now my guy would be a 72 year 1 and an 85 year 5. If that happened, all undrafted 3rd string QBs could go play anywhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
Rookie

overlay's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why do people hate CCM Progression?

Keep in mind that most CCM players, including myself, don't want to waste their time in ****ing practice mode for hours.

I don't play franchise to play the games, allowing myself as a player to dictate the future of my team, and not my management decisions. I play franchise to manage my team and let the system determine the production of my team. Not being able to EVER progress ANY of my backups unless I play over TWENTY instances of practice every single year is absolutely terrible.

In previous Madden games, nearly all undrafted free agents wouldn't have enough potential to have much of a ratings increase. While a lot of the players progressed much more quickly than would be ideal, I'd MUCH more prefer that to having them only progress if I play practice mode, and still progressing very slowly. If a rookie QB comes off of a 30TD, 4000 yard season he should get more than a two or three point bump.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #3
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

For many it's too much micro-management and the CPU doesn't seem to progress it's players as well.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #4
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

I also like the progression so far... But I do understand if people have problems with the practice requirements. You can always simulate practice, but then you take a XP hit I believe. So far, it's not been a big deal to me... Sort of a nuisance at times... but for the most part I spend about 15 minutes of real time per game week in practice mode. Doesn't bother me too much... and it gives me a chance to work my way through every play in the playbook... which I never bother doing in the games.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #5
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm enjoying The new xp system a lot. Its very realistic and practice mode doesn't take long at all to complete every week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #6
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

The simple answer is that it is so time consuming. This is why way back in June I was saying that not having editing in seems like their purposely chosen way to make you have no choice but to use XP...otherwise, there would certainly be threads/posts about turning it off because full editing would simply bypass it and make it pointless.

Back on point, yes, many of us would rather just edit the ratings as we see fit and then just play the freaking games. Editing rosters gets a little time consuming, too, but it's a whole lot faster than this XP system - editing is the immediate/right now fix to ratings woes - XP is the RPG/mini game/I hope you have no real life outside of your day job kind of leveling up that takes seemingly forever.

I just hope EA Tiburon understands that giving back at least the option to edit and/or use XP or just turn it off goes beyond just being a convenience to Sim or casual players. I seriously see it as offering replay value in what every business should already know is a world full of consumers with short attention spans. You have to keep consumers invested in your product, and though, yes, mini games help that...quick fixes via full customization offer that at a faster rate. Faster = better, and in the technological world, that should be beyond understood.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
The simple answer is that it is so time consuming. This is why way back in June I was saying that not having editing in seems like their purposely chosen way to make you have no choice but to use XP...otherwise, there would certainly be threads/posts about turning it off because full editing would simply bypass it and make it pointless.

Back on point, yes, many of us would rather just edit the ratings as we see fit and then just play the freaking games. Editing rosters gets a little time consuming, too, but it's a whole lot faster than this XP system - editing is the immediate/right now fix to ratings woes - XP is the RPG/mini game/I hope you have no real life outside of your day job kind of leveling up that takes seemingly forever.

I just hope EA Tiburon understands that giving back at least the option to edit and/or use XP or just turn it off goes beyond just being a convenience to Sim or casual players. I seriously see it as offering replay value in what every business should already know is a world full of consumers with short attention spans. You have to keep consumers invested in your product, and though, yes, mini games help that...quick fixes via full customization offer that at a faster rate. Faster = better, and in the technological world, that should be beyond understood.
The xp system does not take as long as your making it seem. I have a full time job and what not but don't choose to take the game as serious as some people on here. Just sim the practice mode and xp distribution if you want. What then? The players aren't high enough for you? Well doesn't the game play better against the computer with lower overall players anyway if that's true.... No other game let's you edit everybody in the league like this. The people who take the game way to seriously have just gotten so spoiled over the years. And now EA can't seem to do anything right in their eyes. The XP system is a huge upgrade to what we had in the previous editions. It's not really close. And the way they allow you to distribute points across your team gives you a lot of custimization.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #8
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Easy solution:

Have a "simulate practice" feature that works and gives you partial XP. Let's say they give you 60% of the possible XP if you sim.

Everybody is happy

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »