Home

Most realistic game of all time, or most frustrating?

This is a discussion on Most realistic game of all time, or most frustrating? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-14-2012, 01:02 AM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Most realistic game of all time, or most frustrating?

The title says it all. I'm trying to figure out if this is the most authentic game I've ever played because Corey Crawford allows garbage like this ALL THE FREAKING TIME. Either that or the game has some serious goalie issues. You be the judge.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/135119930

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 01:31 AM   #2
Pro

jtott's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Most realistic game of all time, or most frustrating?

I would say yes.... it is the most realistic and yet the most frustrating game to date. The new skating has been the most challenging so far..... That and checking. I used to be able to just hammer someone into the boards ... but now with the new skating , I can't seem to be able to control my players well enough to time a good check into the boards. Using the new True Broadcast camera is great , but that as well affects how I'm skating and checking. I wouldn't change anything .... I just have to adjust.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:33 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 9

Ya thats pretty bad.. honestly though on default sliders ya i feel like stuff like that happens, but if you go and turn up the goalie reaction speed slider its tough to score and it really seems to make a difference.

I think this game is awesome, obviously there are a few things that happen that are "wierd" but i mean it is a video game. Best sports game i have ever played though hands down

201 Rec. 2365 Yards 19 TD
3x All-RMAC 1x All-Colorado College Football

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GBM8UAYXZw (2009-2010 highlights)
Old 09-14-2012, 04:34 AM   #4
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

Definitely some frustration factor there. It seems they tried to get some more separation in the goalies, so the lower rated ones have more ups and downs (as they should) but sometimes they can just be flat out terrible.

Playing with a lower rated goalie can be really tough. We randomly generated rosters for our online GM and I got an 80 rated backup goalie.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:16 AM   #5
Pro

Section_25's Arena

OVR: 13

I took my time yesterday adjusting my sliders. I would change a few things, then play a game, change a few, then play a game, I think I finally got the game tuned right where I want it.

Except for the lack of penalties, and slightly lower shot and hit totals then I would prefer in some games, I can honestly say that last night I think I had some of the best (and most realistic) hockey video games I have ever played in my life!

I literally had to force myself to turn the game off late last night
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 06:22 AM   #6
Rookie

unisol_us's Arena

OVR: 5

Love this game! One of the most real sports video games I have ever played. I just hope it keeps getting better.

A lot of the arcade style play is no longer effective. Now the player will have to play smarter if he/she want to win
Old 09-14-2012, 06:36 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Other than the CPU scoring all of it's goals blocker high on me, I really like it.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think it is a fun game. Realistic....I am not sure about. So often I have players just staring at the puck but not moving, while the cpu skates around them for it. Or my defenders allow the skater to just come all the way up the ice and take a shot.

I guess I have to look at the strategies. I just don't understand why I have to have stupid AI on my side while the CPU plays, what looks like, an actual game of hockey.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »