Home

How Can I Create a Player and Still Play Full Games in Career Mode?

This is a discussion on How Can I Create a Player and Still Play Full Games in Career Mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How Can I Create a Player and Still Play Full Games in Career Mode?

Hello - I'm wondering how I can create a player (preferably multiple players), add them to a team, and play a career (the whole game - offense, defense, specials teams) with those players? I tried creating a player in Career Mode but it only allows me to see the created player when he is in "action." And since I chose to create a new QB for the Chicago Bears, the roster still has Jay Cutler starting and I only see my created QB during FG and extra point attempts (he's the holder).

I didn't play Madden 12, but I believe there was something called "Franchise Mode" in Madden 11 (or maybe 10) which would allow you to create player(s), cut, release, sign FA's, and play the whole game with your updated roster. Is this feature gone?

In Madden 13 I created two players and added them to the Bears. I then saved and then "loaded" that roster. I can access that loaded roster in a "Play Now" game, but when I try anything in "Career Mode" it reverts back to the original roster. (Whether I choose a career as a coach or a player).

I hope this makes sense, and I hope I'm missing something - I don't want to watch 6 plays a game with my created player as a holder. That would be super boring.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance,

Ryan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: How Can I Create a Player and Still Play Full Games in Career Mode?

You can't do what you're trying to do. CCM cannot take custom or modified rosters whatsoever. The only player you can create is in single-player CCM mode, with results similar to what you experienced as the backup to Cutler. :-/
Old 09-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymac45
Hello - I'm wondering how I can create a player (preferably multiple players), add them to a team, and play a career (the whole game - offense, defense, specials teams) with those players? I tried creating a player in Career Mode but it only allows me to see the created player when he is in "action." And since I chose to create a new QB for the Chicago Bears, the roster still has Jay Cutler starting and I only see my created QB during FG and extra point attempts (he's the holder).

I didn't play Madden 12, but I believe there was something called "Franchise Mode" in Madden 11 (or maybe 10) which would allow you to create player(s), cut, release, sign FA's, and play the whole game with your updated roster. Is this feature gone?

In Madden 13 I created two players and added them to the Bears. I then saved and then "loaded" that roster. I can access that loaded roster in a "Play Now" game, but when I try anything in "Career Mode" it reverts back to the original roster. (Whether I choose a career as a coach or a player).

I hope this makes sense, and I hope I'm missing something - I don't want to watch 6 plays a game with my created player as a holder. That would be super boring.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance,

Ryan
This is one of the reasons a lot of people can't stand CCM this year. It was built with narrow minded thinking and little options IMO. No custom rosters, created players, fantasy draft, nothing like that at all.

If you want fantasy draft, their new "version" of it is Madden Ultimate Team....where you can spend real money if you want to buy the players you want on your fantasy team. Pretty clever huh? You can always grind it out though, in hopes of getting the cards you want just to put together your fantasy team. Sounds fun doesn't it?
Then their is the Madden legend players.....whats the point when you can't play with them in a all legend or historic franchise type mode? At the very least a historic team vs a historic team Madden moment or something. Once again though, these legends are available through DLC if you can't wait for their unlocks.

Seeing a pattern here?$$$

Last edited by wheelman990; 09-12-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Wow, that is pretty disappointing. Thanks for your quick reply!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #5
Dirty- Never Clean

DIRTYSTEVE's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah, no dice on this. I tried starting a cc with a player and then switch to coach but both options to retire (create new player vs straight up retire) effectively removes your created player (although you can quit coach mode and start a player cc with the nfl coach still in place). Good news is with this latest patch, there is an option to start your created player regardless of overall rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »