Home

Possible myTEAM Leagues?

This is a discussion on Possible myTEAM Leagues? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Possible myTEAM Leagues?

I was overlooking the SLAM preview a second time and strolled upon this:

And there’s a new mode called My Team, in which a user is given a deck of random digital trading cards that display the players on his/her roster, and then one can earn currency by playing with that team and trying to build the given roster into a better one. There’s a fantasy basketball element at play, too: The players’ real-life NBA stats are uploaded into the game, and their value changes as a result, so like in fantasy bball, a user may trade for guys he/she feels will soon break out (buy low) or trade away guys he/she thinks are finished (sell high). Make it through the Playoffs and win the Championship and earn a gift in the form of one Michael Jordan, which will make a user’s My Team squad damn near impossible to beat.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...a-2k13-part-2/

What's your take on that? I've never played fantasy basketball or football a day in my life, so I'm not sure how the rules of this goes.

Would this assume that myTeam would be implemented as a fantasy basketball game with other players? An actual separate league from your usual Online Associations? Hmm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #2
Banned

Can I live's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Possible myTEAM Leagues?

sounds interesting I would definitely play it
Old 09-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can I live
sounds interesting I would definitely play it
Same. Hope we can make interesting leagues with it.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:05 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Don't know how leagues would work but if MJ is a reward it better be prestigious and difficult to win. I know in FIFA ultimate team there are a bunch of tournaments(online or single player single elimination style) in which the reward would be virtual currency. Some of the tournaments would have certain qualifications, for example a maximum team rating or have a certain number of players from one nation. Im guessing myTeam would have something like this.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymannemcee
Same. Hope we can make interesting leagues with it.
the thing to be most concerned with is high level mirror matching.

After a few weeks(days knowing kids these days, and possible microtransactions) players are going to have their 'Ultimate team'

So in your playoffs of 8 teams, the starting lines ups for all 8 teams are made up of 8-12 interchangible NBA players.

Personally, this didn't keep my attention in FIFA because it's(i dunno, but something negative) that to play against other teams that are basically just an image of your team.

Im counting on Sig Skills to prove me wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k10Fonzarelli
the thing to be most concerned with is high level mirror matching.

After a few weeks(days knowing kids these days, and possible microtransactions) players are going to have their 'Ultimate team'

So in your playoffs of 8 teams, the starting lines ups for all 8 teams are made up of 8-12 interchangible NBA players.

Personally, this didn't keep my attention in FIFA because it's(i dunno, but something negative) that to play against other teams that are basically just an image of your team.

Im counting on Sig Skills to prove me wrong.
Yo it's obvious you never played Fifa ultimateteam. The great players are INCREDIBLY rare. I played the mode quite a bit and never even saw a Messi for instance, I believe getting his card was worth a lot of real money if you ever went the ebay route with it too. You never see the same teams because of the rarity and the dynamic bonuses you got for doing different things (preferred formation, nationality etc gives your team a boost) I'm sure 2k will follow suit with something similar at least with keeping players like Jordan Lebron etc nearly impossible to get. This leads to bank for them, fools buying the packs with real $ in hope of getting MJ

Also I'm betting on 2k including a lot of old school player cards too. So even more players to see.

Last edited by oshi; 09-12-2012 at 07:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »