Home

It's 2012 why is there still position requirements?

This is a discussion on It's 2012 why is there still position requirements? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
It's 2012 why is there still position requirements?

If you want 53 WR on you team you should be able to do that IMO. You shoudl just have to designate under depth chart for who is playing each position....I see this year they relaxed the requirments as you only need 1 of each offensive lineman and one DE etc....but really for a real example say you use pass rushing DE....But you have 6 goo OLB's and you are going to have make 3 of them at DE....why do you need any DE on your team????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: It's 2012 why is there still position requirements?

Likely for simulation cpu purposes. Josh Looman said that when you fall under the position requirements on teams that it creates a stability issue in the game. On the podcast that was on here a week ago I think.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat
Likely for simulation cpu purposes. Josh Looman said that when you fall under the position requirements on teams that it creates a stability issue in the game. On the podcast that was on here a week ago I think.

Can't you just make it a requirment for CPU teams then? If a user does it and sims games then they could be penalized by poor play
Old 09-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYM72382
Can't you just make it a requirment for CPU teams then? If a user does it and sims games then they could be penalized by poor play
No, the league he was talking about was a 32 human team league online CCM. So, apparently they can't do that.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat
That's a good reason why they can't do it. It's not a good reason why they shouldn't do it.
There are no position requirements in the NFL, so there should be none in Madden. That this is not the case means that EA has failed at some point in their coding.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argooos
That's a good reason why they can't do it. It's not a good reason why they shouldn't do it.
There are no position requirements in the NFL, so there should be none in Madden. That this is not the case means that EA has failed at some point in their coding.
Brand new game, brand new coding. If they had left it at Madden 12 code and just updated it and added stuff in, maybe it would be possible. Maybe it will be possible, and its likely it will be possible in the future. I personally would never have bought the game if it was a recanned madden 12 (I got that game for free and paid ten bucks for the online pass)
Old 09-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #7
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I am not saying there couldn't be some tweeks done to the current system but I think this falls into Madden being a video game. Meaning there would never in real life be a team with no QB, 53 WR, etc and considering the position subs limitations, WR can't play QB, etc, I can understand the player requirements, at this point.

So I would presume it likely has something to do with the fact that some player needs to be at every position when you play or sim a game and the position sub limitations won't allow this without the proper personnel.

My point is this wouldn't be as simple as just taking away position requirements, other things would need to be addressed as well.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I am not saying there couldn't be some tweeks done to the current system but I think this falls into Madden being a video game. Meaning there would never in real life be a team with no QB, 53 WR, etc and considering the position subs limitations, WR can't play QB, etc, I can understand the player requirements, at this point.

So I would presume it likely has something to do with the fact that some player needs to be at every position when you play or sim a game and the position sub limitations won't allow this without the proper personnel.

My point is this wouldn't be as simple as just taking away position requirements, other things would need to be addressed as well.

well they should then give you the ability to switch a players position....Mario williams went fromo a DE to LB then back to a DE. Gys switch from MLB to OLB too...Also Tebow played not only QB but RB WR and on special teams...Troy brown was a WR then started playing a lot of DB....it happens all the time. Guys switch positions and with all the hybrid defenses guys get mixed all up in the front 7! Look at a guy like justin Tuck....he lines up at DE and in the nascar package also plays in the DT position! Why wouldn't he count toward one of the DT's required if you also have 3 other DE? But no instead of keep a rookie or young guy you want to build up in another position you have to sign a crappy DT who will never play!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »