Home

Do you ever wish you weren't as good at Madden as you are?

This is a discussion on Do you ever wish you weren't as good at Madden as you are? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Do you ever wish you weren't as good at Madden as you are?

I'm far from being a really good player, but I don't know one person in real life that can even give me a competitive game at this point. Most people are so basic and literally just pick plays and runs them without adjusting defensively or offensively. They're so easy to pick apart and stop. I'm 41-10 online and have some GREAT competitive games. However, I do miss the excitement of a tight game sitting together in the same room with someone I know.

My point is that I have to almost dumb down my level of play when playing with friends. Otherwise I destroy them and can easily exploit them. Maybe I just need to find new friends.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #2
Rookie

ajwines64's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Do you ever wish you weren't as good at Madden as you are?

I know man my roommate likes to play madden but knows nothing about the game. He has to be the patriots and I have to be the Browns or a team really underrated. Also he has to play on Pro and I usually play on All-Pro to make it competitive.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3000gtx
I'm far from being a really good player, but I don't know one person in real life that can even give me a competitive game at this point. Most people are so basic and literally just pick plays and runs them without adjusting defensively or offensively. They're so easy to pick apart and stop. I'm 41-10 online and have some GREAT competitive games. However, I do miss the excitement of a tight game sitting together in the same room with someone I know.

My point is that I have to almost dumb down my level of play when playing with friends. Otherwise I destroy them and can easily exploit them. Maybe I just need to find new friends.

Join the Sideline Football League (SFL) here on OS...

See how good you really are.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #4
Rookie

I've been playing people where I'll let my friend play on Pro, or All-Pro depending on their skill level while I play on All-Madden, and then I'll often play with a team I haven't played with before that is low-rated like the Titans, or Panthers, or whatever... if you adjust it right you can get competitive games and it can still be fun for both people.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #5
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

None of my friends play madden like i do
When I have played them in the past they have to be on rookie and i'll be on all pro and I destroy them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 07:39 PM   #6
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7

Play one-handed.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #7
Pro

ItsOrangeBaby's Arena

OVR: 5
Just play with your second string for both offense and defense.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

thats funny that u mention this cuz i feel the same way in the online games to do play (halo and call of duty) but for some reason in sports games i have never got into playing online...kinda wish i did but im sure behind the 8ball now to even bother...

my advice to you is just see how bad you can beat people or else you will start losing games that u shouldnt just b/c u let the opponent stay in the game..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »