Home

Physical, Intangible, Durability, Size, Production, ?

This is a discussion on Physical, Intangible, Durability, Size, Production, ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Physical, Intangible, Durability, Size, Production, ?

I just got madden 13 CC is very deep it seem, i was wondering what these new ratings mean and do for you thanks.

Physical grade?
Intangible grade
Durability grade?
Production grade?
Size grade?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
Rookie

whoisdo's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Physical, Intangible, Durability, Size, Production, ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat1045
I just got madden 13 CC is very deep it seem, i was wondering what these new ratings mean and do for you thanks.

Physical grade?
Intangible grade
Durability grade?
Production grade?
Size grade?
Intangibles are the little things a player does to separate himself, the things you can't teach.

Durability is how likely they are to make it through an entire season with a heavy workload. Having a high durability rating for a RB is great because you can use them a ton and not have to worry very much about a drop in their performance or them getting injured.

Production is how well they're actually doing. If you're having a QB battle, the one that produces better for you on the field should have a better rating here. Helps decide who to start if you're unsure of who to use.

As for size, I'm going to assume that deals with the prototypical size for that position and how it'll effect their game. I'm also assuming that physical is how much they look to make contact and how good they are at it. I'm not really sure on size & physical, but those are my guesses.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
Rookie

WilesThing's Arena

OVR: 1

Physical is their attributes that are measurable, like speed, acceleration, and agility. Intangibles is their attributes that aren't measurable, like throwing accuracy, awareness, and power/finesse moves. Durability is their Stamina, Toughness, and Injury attributes. Production is their career stats. Size is how well their size fits the prototypical size of their position for a given scheme. For example, a smaller offensive lineman will have a higher Size grade under a Zone Blocking scheme than a large lineman would.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #4
Rookie

Maizpan's Arena

OVR: 3

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...n-nfl-13-guide

Five brand new ratings are introduced in Connected Careersand play a big role. These ratings give each team an authentic identity to who they are and how they construct their football team. It will be important to understand what these new ratings do and how they are calculated. These new ratings do not affect your player on the field but instead are used to help shape the personality of each NFL organization.
Physical
Calculated from a player’s physical ratings, player type and position. For example, a WR’s physical rating would weigh heavier on speed,agility, jumping and catching where as an offensive lineman is weighed on run,pass, and impact blocking.

Intangible
Calculated off of a player’s intangible ratings. Player type and position are also taken into consideration. For example, a QB’s intangible rating would be weighed heavier on short, medium, and deep accuracy while a defensive end is weighed on block shedding, power, and finesse moves.

Size
Calculated from the height and weight of a player while also factoring in the position and player type of that individual. For example, aPower RB who is 6’0”, 247lbs, would have a 99 size rating. But if he were a Speed HB, his size grade would be considerably lower.

Production
Calculated from the player’s season and career stats,position and age. It is important to understand that a rookie will enter with aproduction rating of 0. That will increase as he begins to produce on the field.

Durability
Calculated from a player’s durability rating. Injury,stamina, and toughness are all factored in when determining the durability rating.The age and position of a player are taken into consideration as well.

There are also many good threads throughout the forums that delve into the specifics of each rating.

Last edited by Maizpan; 09-09-2012 at 08:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »