Home

Madden needs to counter no huddle offense all game.

This is a discussion on Madden needs to counter no huddle offense all game. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden needs to counter no huddle offense all game.

I know you can set up audibles but sometimes that isn't enough vs some people online.

In the future we need the NCAA feature where we have complete access to our defensive play books after each play in these situations. It wouldn't really bother me as much if I did. At times I could care less about nanos and other forms of cheesery, but when I get no huddled all the way up the field it really annoys me.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 01:30 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Madden needs to counter no huddle offense all game.

yeah everyone i play seems to run no huddle, and go for it everytime on 4th down annoying... usually comes to bite them in the *** though but ruins the realism of the game... i swear i'm the only one who punts, and kicks fgs, and doesn't run no huddle. I agree defense should be able to change there formations too on audibles..
Old 09-10-2012, 01:39 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

The Steelers agree.

Seriously though an expanded if not complete play book available. Even if it's just in the same formation group.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:49 AM   #4
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0RG1E
yeah everyone i play seems to run no huddle, and go for it everytime on 4th down annoying... usually comes to bite them in the *** though but ruins the realism of the game... i swear i'm the only one who punts, and kicks fgs, and doesn't run no huddle. I agree defense should be able to change there formations too on audibles..
Haha you're not the only one. It's gotten to the point where I don't even play online ranked games anymore. I found a realllllly sim league and just play my league games when I'm online (if not those then community games). Once I see a dude not play how the game is meant to be played I just quit, I don't even care about my record anymore, the ranked games record is pointless to me.

As far as the OP, there should be but what could they possibly counter with. The problem with the no huddle IMO is that people who use it (majority) don't know how to use it properly. It's so 20 yard pass plays consecutively, or the same play, and that's not how to the no huddle is to be used. Instead, users use it as if it's a 2 minute drill rather than a no huddle, and there is a big difference.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #5
MVP

I made this same thread a week ago and it got lost, I guess people thought I was complaining or something, but its too damn effective when people go flawlessly down the field doin this crap and can change play and formation faster than your defense can get back to the line and into their original play.

If things didnt work damn near 100% of the time for them doing this, then that would be cool, but i could be in the right place at the right time and it seems like my defenders dont react at all or just get burned for no reason. Very frustrating to say the least, but on the PS2 madden I think there was a way they made people get false starts when this happened.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
I made this same thread a week ago and it got lost, I guess people thought I was complaining or something, but its too damn effective when people go flawlessly down the field doin this crap and can change play and formation faster than your defense can get back to the line and into their original play.

If things didnt work damn near 100% of the time for them doing this, then that would be cool, but i could be in the right place at the right time and it seems like my defenders dont react at all or just get burned for no reason. Very frustrating to say the least, but on the PS2 madden I think there was a way they made people get false starts when this happened.
It got moved to the online forum, to combat the defenders getting out of position, use man align.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
It got moved to the online forum, to combat the defenders getting out of position, use man align.
Oh, thanks man, I use man align but i just cant get to playmakering my defenders with this at all. The menu pauses or i get locked into some weird man to man on a defender I was trying to put into a zone coverage. By that time the ball is hiked and WRs are wide open!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »