Home

5 Major glitches that have to be fixed

This is a discussion on 5 Major glitches that have to be fixed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 02:45 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
5 Major glitches that have to be fixed

I just registered today, but have been a member of ncaastrategies for four years, and have scoured the forums day in and day out. The forums are very helpful and it is great to see guys out there as passionate about the game being as close to sim as possible. With that being said, 5 major glitches I have noticed have destroyed the game for me and my buddies in an online dynasty. And even gameplay in single player modes.

Before people slam me for not posting this in the "problems" thread and what not, don't worry I will. But if you haven't noticed these glitches then good for you. But for me it just sucks, and most of it is just terrible or careless programming. This isn't a thread bashing on gap control, or a 250 lb running back being knocked backwards by a 150lb corner due to lack of momentum/physics, or the absolutely pitiful broken WR screens. This is a thread about EASY fixes that really really need to happen soon. I appreciate anyone who reads and replies, and really appreciate any gamechangers who acknowledge this thread.

1. Manually Blitzing Defenders in Coverage- I am not really sure what the fix is for this, but I have never noticed it in any other NCAA games. Pick a blitz that rushes 6(3 lineman and 3 LB's out of 3-3-5), and user the defender in man coverage on the HB. Just strafe the line and manually blitz the usered defender at the QB after the snap. 9 times out of 10 the QB will get sacked. I know what you're thinking, well if the HB is in to block then you'll get picked up. That is true, if the computer keeps the HB in, then you will get picked up and burned for big yardage. But i'm sorry to inform everyone that the computer always send the HB out on a route. I know what you're thinking again. Well if the HB is out on a route and you manually blitz the guy who is supposed to be covering him, then you'll get burned. That is true, if the computer threw to him, which 9 times out of 10 they do not. Or they get sacked so fast they can't throw to him.

Now sometimes the computer will get a nice pass off, but most of the time they get sacked, or god forbid, if it's a running play they get pounded for a big loss. Now this concept can be applied to every formation in different ways. And that to me is a big problem. I try to play sim, but not everyone is me. And guys I play with might use this to take advantage of the sorry computer which sucks. Now I realize the base concept is you are rushing 7, you SHOULD get sacks/ blow up run plays, but the fact is if you use ACTUAL 7 man blitzes the computer recognizes these and picks a play(or keeps HB in to block) to compensate. But when you do it the aforementioned way it screws them up. I have a guy in my online dynasty that has 160 sacks at the end of the season(6 minute quarters heisman sliders) to another users 80(which is still high) to another users 62 and so on. Obviously we have talked to this guy, but if any of you guys have noticed sack inflation, this is probably the root cause.

2. The Computer Aggressive Zone Glitch- We have all seen or read about it. You call a nice 3 or 4 wide play that has a couple different routes, maybe one streak. And when you snap the ball you work through your progression of routes, and when you get to your wideout running the streak, you notice he has a couple steps on the corner or safety. After watching a replay you see that for no reason the corner(or safety) in covergae on that WR jumps a route(like the WR was going to run a curl) and then gets outran bigtime for being out of position. Now i'm not saying that defenders should never be out of position, but it should be random and scarce. Not consistent and detrimental to computers defense. This has also been confirmed by many users, and when you have the ability to pause and switch sides(to the computers team) after the glitch, you can go to coaches setting and see that for some reason the zone coverage is set to aggressive.

Now if I pay the entire first half of a game as Missouri running 5 wide throwing nothing but spacing, drag, and comeback routes, then yeah, I expect the defenders to bite in the third quarter on routes that are similar, but instead go deep. But the first pass of the game? Wrong. It has potential to be a good adjustable feature(like my example above, the computer changing strategy to compensate for throwing short routes all game etc). Nonetheless, it needs to be fixed. Soon.

3. The No Huddle- before anyone gets on here and bashes me, saying "Oh well sometimes you can't hear and it's realistic." Just shut up, and go somewhere else, because the no huddle we have now, is the most dissapointing thing I have ever seen. Let me paint a picture for everyone. I played a NC game as Texas A&M tonight against my buddy who was UCLA. He got up 24-3 on me at the start of the third quarter. I managed to score 17 unanswered points, and I got the ball back on MY 20 with 1:30 to go in the 4th with one timeout. A TD wins. As i'm driving down the field, it becomes inmpossible to win because I can't hurry up to spike the ball. On a hurry up spike call, the QB get's into formation to spike, and then the HB steps up as if he can't hear the QB's call in a NEUTRAL field with relatively no crown noise.

Since when does any player need to hear a call for a spike? I lost the game due to the no huddle not working. Most no huddle plays don't even use word commands, they use hand signals and movements. Considering I(and many people) run a no huddle type offense, this ruins the game for me and others. If you are away, and the crowd is deafining(which it seems crowd intimidation is ABSENT from this game, but that's a topic for another day) then I can maybe understand. But you can't even do it at home. And honestly, not being able to do it on spikes just makes it useless. I NEED to be able to stop the clock.

4. Recruiting Being Easier than it's Ever Been- Pretty self explanatory. Not only are recruits(especially gems) coming in incredibly high rated, but the new feature enabling anyone to get on a recruits board has ruined recruiting. My online dynasty started with 9 guys in one star programs(on heisman recruiting) and we all ended up in the top 70. I myself finished 17th with a one star Western Michigan with 3 losses. Computer teams don't go after 4 and 5 star recruits until late in the season, and if you add these guys and work on them every week then you lock them up. This has to be tuned. I should struggle to finish in the top 100 with a one star. And 4 stars? Pssh. I shouldn't even know what they are. Let alone a 5 star. Recruiting needs to be tuned BADLY.

5. Roster Editing- This is by far the laziest glitch in the game. Because it can be fixed so so so so so easily. In an Offline/ Online dynasty, you can go into your rosters and EDIT THE PLAYERS HEIGHTS AND WEIGHTS!!! Yes! Go in right now, and edit all of your WR's to be 7'0 feet tall 300 pounds. Seriously EA? come on. What do we live in a world where everyone is honest? Grow up. If anyones found this glitch then they have already abused it. Obviously it isn't as detrimental as editing ratings, but height plays an advantage with WR's, QB's, DB's, LB's, and lineman. I mean jesus christ this is so dumb. In past games I specifically remember that you could not do this. So why can we now?

I could honestly go all night on this but I just can't. I just pray for a game that is balanced. Where as a manager or player of an online dynasty, I don't have to worry about cheesy bull****. I just let the guys play and everything works out. In my opinion these 5 glitches need to be fixed asap. But then again maybe i'm too serioius about a video game. I don't know. It makes me sad, because I love this game so so much, but hate these glitches

Thanks for reading guys

-Mike
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 03:14 AM   #2
Rookie

Moses06's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: 5 Major glitches that have to be fixed

I agree with everything you stated above, especially "The Computer Aggressive Zone Glitch" & "Recruiting Being Easier than it's Ever Been".

Fix these issues and despite some other flaws, this would truly be a great game.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:46 AM   #3
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

1) Fix the over aggressive CBs too that jump 20 feet in the air, but yet my WR makes no effort at the ball when its a jump ball unless i have control of the WR.

2) Make the field bigger. Tired of seeing the SS in 2 man under run all the way across the field, with their back facing the QB, and running to the WR the ball is thrown to to swat the ball or pick it off. It's always been this way since the PS2 days. This won't be fixed until PS4, or another company makes a football game though.

3)Give me more control of my running back in open space, or when going around the end. I feel like I have more control on interception returns with a player, than I do with my running back. Maybe this is cause I stink at the game, or simply because the running back is closer in proximity to the defensive players he's running towards. I think I saw another guy post pictures though of how the AI backs don't hit their running lanes well though.

On a positive note, at least the linebacker swats aren't as big of a problem as they were in past years.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:50 AM   #4
Banned

Wilson16NCSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Still don't see a problem with the no huddle, probably because all you have to do is press X then LT and theyll all stop doing that bs. But doing that no huddle where there is no time ran off the clock and just automatically line up and snap is BS as well. EA had the right idea, but wrong execution.

It definitely irked me that when playing online that no matter what team the opponent was using they were running no huddle and they're doing it flawlessly when no where even near that number of teams can do it at well. Just like we can say "I've never seen a player act like he cant hear on the home/neutral field" someone can say they've never seen that many teams run the no huddle all game and run it that well. Before in NCAA you could complete a 50 yard pass, call no huddle, pick your play, and hike it without a a second running off and I've never seen that happen in real life.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:32 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

Fix the slider AI Settings to actually work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I would add to the recruiting problem that the AI is way too aggresive in redshirt players transfering to other schools due to lack of playing time.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:58 AM   #7
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

LOL

YEP
YEP
YEP
YEP
YEP

Thanks for reading my mind you should be on that $1.99 a minute psychic hotline!!

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 09-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Add in sliders not working properly at all for QBA, Pass Coverage, FGA, Rush Defense, and Most Penalties.

Have more fumbles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »