Home

This Needs to be Polled: how many are aware of the DB Glitch?I

This is a discussion on This Needs to be Polled: how many are aware of the DB Glitch?I within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
View Poll Results: Should EA place fixing the DB Glitch as their highest priority?
Absolutely - I can't play this game until it's fixed. 220 66.27%
I don't care as long as I can score easily and win. 27 8.13%
Shut up can I just have more uniforms? 85 25.60%
Voters: 332. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
This Needs to be Polled: how many are aware of the DB Glitch?I

I am tired of everyone posting about high socks, low socks, uniforms and all that useless junk that doesn't make a difference if the game is unplayable. I want you to watch every single highlight of NCAA 13 (full games) and tell me you don't see the glitch arrive - usually it will occur when a long TD is scored through the air.

Here is a video I have on my sliders page, if you have ever seen the animation I'm speaking about - then you have witnessed the DB glitch. I tried to searching youtube for "Safety glitch" or "DB Glitch" and apparently noone seems to be bothered by it? Not even the infamous 'gamechangers' - are we that much of an arcade generation that we just want to win by all means necessary? I can think of 100 or so people from the sliders section that will disagree - maybe some don't just know about it.

Just to note, since some arguments have come up:

Sliders do not fix this issue.
It is not a busted coverage matter.
Difficulty does not fix this issue. It happens on all levels.
Ratings adjusted does not fix this issue.
Coaching sliders does not fix this issue.

And to vote on the GameChangers website:

http://www.easports.com/gamechangers...=504f56ad3299f

Search for "NCAA 13 Safety Glitch" or "Safety Glitch"...or "DB Glitch".

Update 9/13/12: A possible fix?

------

It needs to be said - How many are aware of the DB Glitch and feel it should be the very first priority on the next (if ever) patch EA releases?

Also - can a mod please update the 2nd option to say : "I do not care, I am enjoying the game the way it is."

I apologize for the current second option - it was done out of haste and frustration; and did not breed much constructive criticism.

Last edited by Matt10; 07-27-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: This Needs to be Polled: how many are aware of the DB Glitch?I

I thought everyone was already aware that db's can't defend the deep ball this year?
Old 09-08-2012, 07:55 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy43
I thought everyone was already aware that db's can't defend the deep ball this year?
I thought so too - so why is noone who can make a difference addressing it? Obviously people need to be more aware of this.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I think it boils down to most people play in online dynasties and can careless. While they scoring long TD bombs, they think it is their stick skills that did that, when in reality it was BS AI that did that.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:01 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

As lame as this sounds I just stopped throwing downfield. I think at this point everyone is getting used to EA being lazy, sloppy, or, incompetent. It's one of the three and that's not debatable really. Just have to adjust you know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Don't forget about the frozen CB glitch on option plays. That glitch drives me crazy. What's worse is the frozen CB glitch was in last years game I just assumed this issue was crappy DB play. So deep passes and option plays are glitchy.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #7
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I am tired of everyone posting about high socks, low socks, uniforms and all that useless junk that doesn't make a difference if the game is unplayable. I want you to watch every single highlight of NCAA 13 (full games) and tell me you don't see the glitch arrive - usually it will occur when a long TD is scored through the air.

Here is a video I have on my sliders page, if you have ever seen the animation I'm speaking about - then you have witnessed the DB glitch. I tried to searching youtube for "Safety glitch" or "DB Glitch" and apparently noone seems to be bothered by it? Not even the infamous 'gamechangers' - are we that much of an arcade generation that we just want to win by all means necessary? I can think of 100 or so people from the sliders section that will disagree - maybe some don't just know about it.

It needs to be said - How many are aware of the DB Glitch and feel it should be the very first priority on the next (if ever) patch EA releases? Or straight up think uniforms are more important?
What irritates me about this is that EA could probably set the CPU coverage to normal rather than aggressive and it would be okay.

I'm not sure why this has been overlooked by both the company and the community. I shouldn't have to remove plays from my play book or use these plays knowing it will result in a touchdown.

So what can we do to get this message across to EA

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
What irritates me about this is that EA could probably set the CPU coverage to normal rather than aggressive and it would be okay.

I'm not sure why this has been overlooked by both the company and the community. I shouldn't have to remove plays from my play book or use these plays knowing it will result in a touchdown.

So what can we do to get this message across to EA

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Exactly, man. What can we do? Hope the so called gamechangers step up and make a video of it and do what the community needs the most - a voice. Signing a petition or making a wishlist will never work - it never has and if it did - we would already be playing a well balanced game. This is the closest NCAA in the series (nexgen) that has come close to a great game; the downfall is the DB glitch for me. It's just not worth it to get enthralled in a great rivalry game, score being 7-7 with 4 minutes left, they score a field goal - I need a TD to win....easy pass over the top - touchdown. Assist goes to the glitch. Ridiculous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »