Home

Just read and you'll understand...Real NFL...regarding stats..and gameplay..

This is a discussion on Just read and you'll understand...Real NFL...regarding stats..and gameplay.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Post Just read and you'll understand...Real NFL...regarding stats..and gameplay..

I HAVE BEEN AWAY FOR A WHILE AND MOST LIKELY WILL BE DUE TO SOME MAJOR LIFE CHANGES BUT I HAVE NOT COMPLETELY ABANDONED THE LOYAL FOLLOWERS. IF GIVEN ENOUGH FEEDBACK ON THIS SET POST-PATCH I JUST MAY BE ABLE TO TWEAK THIS SET TO YOU GUY'S LIKING WITHOUT HAVING TO COMPLETELY RE-EVALUATE HOW THE PATCH AFFECTED THIS SET. OUTSIDE OF THAT I HONESTLY JUST DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO THOROUGHLY OBSERVE AND TWEAK WITH THE SCRUTINY RESULTING IN THE QUALITY SLIDERS/SETTINGS THAT YOU ALL ARE ACCUSTOMED TO. THANKS TO ALL, AND ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PROVIDE FEEDBACK AS THAT WILL GREATLY HELP WITH ME TWEAKING THIS SET IF I AM ABLE TO AT ALL DO IT...PAZ Y AMOR

ATTENTION!! BEFORE PLUGGING IN THESE SLIDERS/SETTINGS PLEASE READ "EVERYTHING" (EXCEPT THE LIGHT GREY LETTERING) TO ENSURE YOURSELF THE EXPERIENCE THAT I AND OTHERS WHO ARE PROPERLY FOLLOWING WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN ARE EXPERIENCING. THANK YOU.

Hear ye hear ye...yes the long overdue "CCM" (online/offline) sliders are here!! I have a few things I must inform you of before you plug in these sliders/settings that are...VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!

Played football at the high school and semi-pro level (Wr/Te/S/Lb). The reason I am stating this is because I want anyone who reads this to understand that not only do I understand how the game "Madden" works, but also because I understand football in general. I'll put it simply for example:

-Receivers (Wr/Slot) need to understand to an extent how quarterbacks think
-Tightends (Te) need to understand to an extent how o-linemen think
-Safties (Fs/Ss) need to understand coverage schemes like a cornerback
-Linebackers (Mlb/Olb) need to understand to an extent how d-linemen and halfbacks think

So to an "extent" as I want to put emphasis on that, I do understand the schematics of almost all the positions in football. Now, I also play madden football religiously and adjust the gameplay sliders according to how I know football is played. The team at EA do a pretty decent job but of course most of them are not experienced in playing football and can "only" really go from what they've seen (which is nice but doesn't always equate to realism).

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AS WHAT I AM ABOUT TO TELL YOU IS "VERY IMPORTANT" FOR YOUR ELITE MADDEN EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!

Though these sliders/settings work wonders for "CCM" online gaming, there are a few catches that I must inform you about in order to ensure you actually experience these "wonders" in which I speak of. Without typing you guys to death, I must inform you that these sliders are very tricky when tweaked even slightly though this is a "COMMON MISUNDERSTANDING". Since I have found this out to be true personally I have a few rules including a small set of "house rules" that only really will enhance your experience. I promise you.

I will start with the "MOST IMPORTANT" rule that if "NOT" followed may very well indeed "COMPLETELY RUIN" your gaming experience as I have tested this out numerous times to see if what I am saying holds true. Please understand that it is totally up to you if you really wish to tweak these sliders/settings but I advise that you "NOT DO THIS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES", my advice for anyone who wishes to tweak these sliders and/or game settings "IN ANY WAY" is that you should go and try out someone else's and tweak theirs. Again understand that I am "ONLY" saying this and putting extra emphasis on this rule because I want you to have the best experience with these as possible and I have spent hours (at least over a hundred) tweaking every slider even by 1 point or a simple change just to see if the game actually played different and I have found staggering results just to how much more tweaking would be required just to balance everything out if even one part of the sliders/settings were changed. I PROMISE YOU THIS IS NO LIE AS I HAVE NO REASON TO, IT IS TO "MY" KNOWLEDGE THAT TWEAKING "ANY" PART OF THESE "SLIDERS/SETTINGS" MAY ALTER THE WAY THE GAME PLAYS "COMPLETELY". Please copy these gameplay sliders and gameplay settings/options "EXACTLY" the way they are.

The second and third rule are what is commonly referred to as "house rules" which is a way of attempting to "balance out" a particular sports game due to a human player's ability to outsmart and exploit a game's programming in regards to the level of "challenge" it is capable of giving a person playing the game (A.I.). With that being said, I want to inform you all that my intent with these are "NOT" to hold you back from being able to fairly win a game as I am not one to judge your skill level. My intention is to ELIMINATE elements of the game that actually DO GIVE YOU AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE against the "cpu".

House Rule # 1 (mandatory) = On offense you are not allowed to "hot route" any offensive player. You can "ONLY" use this function to either create another blocker for your quarterback or simply use the "smart route" function as it is intended to just further the route to the first down marker.

House Rule # 2 (mandatory) = On defense you are not allowed to use the "run left/run right/pass/shift left/shift right" function using the LEFT TRIGGER (Xbox 360) and L2 (Ps3) as using this function will cheat the cpu out of a control/tactic it does not possess and is by far the most unfair advantage in Madden 13.

With this last one I would like to give a shout out to "chino22" for springing this concept to life, and a special shout out to "BrianU" as this last "house rule" is all of his concept of realism which I have adopted and dubbed to be sheer genius and only has added to make these "possibly" one of the best sliders/settings ever created. Thanks guys.

Newly added house rule #3 (optional) = Strictly for those who want a challenge when kicking "field goals". When kicking field goals you must ONLY kick using the RIGHT STICK control no matter where you are on the field. This makes it so that you have to concentrate even more on accuracy and the less accurate your kicker actually is the more difficult it will be to make it. This does not make it IMPOSSIBLE to kick field goals but it does offer a challenge in the kicking game for those who want one.

Side Note: Though I state this below I still feel the need to put emphasis on why I set this part of special teams the way I did. With the way the sliders are set up (you may have noticed this already) depending on your kicker/punter's power for kickoffs and your accuracy in kicking the ball as straight as possible will determine whether you will kick it so that the returner settles for a touchback or brings the ball up for a return, this adds realism as it makes it so that you have to concentrate like a kicker in making sure you do "all" you can do to keep the returner from bring the ball up the field. It also just keeps the game dynamic, unpredictable, but still realistic which has become my mantra at this point with these sliders/settings/rules.

Those are my rules, and if followed to a tee you should indeed have the most enjoyable madden experience to date. Everything else is free for use including "audibles" as it is even needed at times against the cpu. I AM VERY SERIOUS. PLEASE PLUG IN THESE SLIDERS "CAREFULLY" because as stated earlier that any tweak to my understanding may ultimately rob you of "THE BEST FOOTBALL GAMEPLAY EVER".

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!

-Gameplay Sliders

Passing: (USER) (CPU)

Accuracy-> [8] [87]
Blocking-> [39] [41]
Catching-> [50] [51]

Rushing: (USER) (CPU)

Brk Tackles-> [61] [100]
Blocking-> [41] [85]
Fumbles-> [52] [53]

Pass D: (USER) (CPU)

Reaction T-> [5] [5]
Interceptions-> [17] [17]
Pass Rush-> [86] [86]

Rush D: (USER) (CPU)

Reaction T-> [15] [100]
Block Shed-> [61] [100]
Tackling-> [51] [57]

-Special Teams

(The "kicking/kickoff power" slider is set with the intention of giving the "user" the challenge of kicking an almost perfectly straight kickoff with full power in order to reap the reward of not having to deal with the opposing teams returner. This indeed adds realism to the game as it offers the perspective of a kicker trying to pin the ball deep for a touchback, but remember nothing can be tweaked. Not even these sliders. Thank you.)

Field Goal Power: [52]
Field Goal Accuracy: [47]
Punt Power: [50]
Punt Accuracy: [50]
Kicking Power: [47]

-Game Options

(These were set to allow the game the appropriate amount of totals plays in an average NFL game. It also ties to the "auto-sub" sliders for proper substitution ratios for each position. Again these can not be tweaked as they will indeed affect the gameplay. Thank you.)

Game Difficulty: [All-Madden]
Quarter Length: [15 mins]
Accelerated Clock: [17 secs]
Camera: [Standard]
Injury: [50]
Fatigue: [54]
Game speed: [Slow]
Speed Threshold: [60]

-Auto Subs

*With these I have carefully looked up the plays which were made by several backup positions for a substitution ratio relative to the NFL. (It does vary from team to team but this is an overall ratio of the plays that are split among the players in the NFL).

(These also can not be tweaked as the substitution ratio relative to the fatigue setting needs to at least be similar to what is set here because if not for some reason it does change the way the game plays. Thank you.)

(IN) (OUT)

QB: [90] [50]
RB: [80] [78]
WR: [70] [65]
FB/TE: [85] [80]
OL: [56] [50]
DT: [51] [49]
DE: [62] [60]
LB: [62] [60]
CB: [63] [61]
S: [63] [61]

-Penalties

(Probably the most significant part of these settings. These absolutely can not be adjusted as they will affect the gameplay almost just as much as the gameplay sliders themselves. I have spent the most time testing these and even I find it hard to believe that they have this much of an affect on the game, but indeed they do. Believe it or not.)

Offside [100]
False Start [45]
Holding [51]
Facemask [54]
Defensive PI [20]
Offensive PI [20]
Punt CI [23]
Clipping [26]
Intl Grounding [50]
Roughing the Passer [54]
Roughing the Kicker [23]

Thank you for taking the time out and considering these settings for Madden 13, Let me know what you think of them as I am sure you will enjoy them and as I said I will gladly answer any questions regarding the settings such as why it is I chose the particular numbers I did.

Last edited by quan15; 10-17-2012 at 03:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
Banned

Jdoug312's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Just read and you'll understand...Real NFL...regarding stats..and gameplay..

Going to try these out a bit later for sure.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Just read and you'll understand...Real NFL...regarding stats..and gameplay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdoug312
Going to try these out a bit later for sure.
Thanks a lot
Old 09-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

quan15: Welcome. I too, back in the day played some football. I concur with your assessment of the inter-disciplinary understanding between the positions.

Personally, I do not initially get too hung up with the actual slider tuning (ie. passblk, brktkl, blkshd, etc.) since it is my honest opinion that sliders ultimately will be tuned to reflect your skill level and play style that makes the game entertaining for the individuals interpretation of realism, especially for those that have never played the game.

I am curious however to find out what your take is as a player with the inherent flaw of Madden titles, year in and year out, with regards to unrealistic player attributes set by the player attribute guys at EA Madden.

You will probably agree with me that their are many guys that play football that are not necessarily straight line speed fast, but are "football speed" fast.

This having been said, what is your opinion on the benefits or dis-benefits of futzing with SPEEDTHRESH?

Look forward to intelligent discussion on the matter.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

what difficulty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
quan15: Welcome. I too, back in the day played some football. I concur with your assessment of the inter-disciplinary understanding between the positions.

Personally, I do not initially get too hung up with the actual slider tuning (ie. passblk, brktkl, blkshd, etc.) since it is my honest opinion that sliders ultimately will be tuned to reflect your skill level and play style that makes the game entertaining for the individuals interpretation of realism, especially for those that have never played the game.

I am curious however to find out what your take is as a player with the inherent flaw of Madden titles, year in and year out, with regards to unrealistic player attributes set by the player attribute guys at EA Madden.

You will probably agree with me that their are many guys that play football that are not necessarily straight line speed fast, but are "football speed" fast.

This having been said, what is your opinion on the benefits or dis-benefits of futzing with SPEEDTHRESH?

Look forward to intelligent discussion on the matter.
Thank you and I appreciate your perspective on this. My opinion on the subject that you brought to my attention is that setting the "Speed Threshold" rating to zero (obviously meaning the largest disparity between players' speed) is the only real option because there is truly no other way to reflect what it is to have to actually adjust to a guy (no matter what position) simply because of his speed.

To further explain my point, take for example a wide receiver who is just lighting fast so to speak. As a corner though the most effective way to counter that is by properly jamming him at the line, there is truly (besides shading your safties to that receiver's side) way to stop his speed one on one. To reflect that in this Madden you have to give the players their maximum capabilities when it comes to that ability simply because it football it is something that you HAVE TO schematically consider when setting your defense. That receiver's speed alone can potentially alter the way you play defense for the whole game and I believe that having that fear of that receiver in this game reflects as close as possible the fear in a real game of having to worry about a player like a Desean Jackson (which by the way you really can only contain him so much) or a Howard-Bey from the Raiders.

There are other examples such as with running backs that I could get into but I'm guessing with my example above you're starting to catch my drift so to speak.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajonRondo
what difficulty?
It still plays on "All Madden". There are a certain number overall (like a point system) that needs to reflected by the addition of all the numbers on the "Player Skills" part of the sliders, and altogether these still keep it on the highest difficulty level as I feel it is appropriate. Not to make the game impossible, because even if you remotely understand football you will be able to use "your" team to its potential, but to allow the computer to remain competitive while still keeping the same realism against the cpu as well as another human.

Thanks for asking
Old 09-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 5

quan15: I completely understand what you are saying. Take a look at my post today regarding precisely what you described. In my explanation, I use Usain Bolt as my WR.

I agree with your assessment on SPEEDTHRESH set at "0". My concern however creeps in with the completely flawed rosters that are used in Madden year in and year out. Because of these flawed rosters, the game play is disproportionate. Burners at RB can get around the end on pitches and sweeps with uncanny ability, yet when you watch the NFL on Sunday's sweeps and pitches outside of the tackles DO NOT TRANSLATE. In fact, rarely do pitches to the outside even work. The NFL game is between the tackles. Base on your slider set, it is my theory that too many arcade style plays will rear their ugly head and have to many burners will have an OVERT advantage, rendering the game unplayable after a few sittings.

Just my two cents.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »