Home

Planetside 2

This is a discussion on Planetside 2 within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-08-2012, 02:22 AM   #1
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20
Planetside 2

Any fans of the original? The sequel looks incredible!
http://www.planetside2.com/

Beta Key giveaway by registering with Alienware Arena is on right now. It is first come first serve.
http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaw...y-giveaway/10/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
Rookie

dboyswitten82's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Planetside 2

I never played the first one but, Planetside 2 looks amazing! I have been watching livestreams of it and it looks like it will be something that could be fun for a long time.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

So, in this game you shoot bullets, or is it more about lasers and other sci-fi weapons?

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 09-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #4
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
So, in this game you shoot bullets, or is it more about lasers and other sci-fi weapons?
It is more bullets than the shiny lasers you will see in Shootmania. The map is MASSIVE, makes BF3 look minuscule in comparison. The nice thing is you can automatically join squads and spawn on your teammates. Coming into a massive skirmish from a drop ship is unreal.

Here's a dropship that was being expected:
Old 09-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 0

Been trying to get a Beta Key for ages, just can't get my hands on one...
Old 09-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #6
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

A nice little guide once you get in the game.
http://i.imgur.com/t3xEi.png

Can be a bit overwhelming at first but is very enjoyable when you start working with a squad and cleaning up entire regions of the map.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

I was hugely into the original. Lost many hours obsessed with every aspect of that game (and all of the expansions). I had just about given up on there ever being a sequel until I saw the beta being released (and I just got into the beta about a week ago). In terms of the mapsize, it reminds me a lot of the original. What separates this game from the original is that everything is so much larger (especially the facilities that you have to capture). In the original, the facilities were average-size buildings that you could capture within minutes (assuming you knew where to hack). You didn't have to capture the associated buildings to take over a main facility (although it definitely helped). With the new game, you have 5 associated buildings before the main facility is captured. What throws me off is that you no longer capture the main facility (that becomes captured when you control the 5 associated points). Also, the map switched to this hex design that I'm still trying to grasp. I've still got some playing around to wrap my head around the entire thing, but the game still possesses the large-scale war feel that I got from the original. Believe me, there are no games that I have ever played (console or PC) that gives you the same feeling when you roll onto a facility and encounter 100+ other players all fighting over a single point on the map. And, to consider the number of people actually playing in this game at once, take that 100+ and spread that over an entire continent of potential points to capture (per server). It's an actual war that never stops.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #8
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

The first one was awesome. Literally all you do in this game was attack bases, take over worlds, then do it all over again. Easily one of the best concepts for a game of all time.

The problem was that the graphics didn't age well and, IMO, the lower end classes got effed because of how weak the guns were. But being a medic or a hacker was always useful. And the clans who would do special ops were awesome. Ghost hacking and stuff.

Eventually the mods made the game last a little longer, but the mechs were only okay. Still, there are a lot of people who still are on the old severs to this day and this new one does indeed look incredible.

Urban Meyer is lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »