Home

Super-Sim, CCM, and the CPU's inability to score.

This is a discussion on Super-Sim, CCM, and the CPU's inability to score. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11
Super-Sim, CCM, and the CPU's inability to score.

So I'm doing a for-fun single player online CCM with myself as a QB for the Cardinals. What I have noticed is that the CPU, in every game, seems completely inept on offense. What do I mean? When I "sim to human controlled play," the CPU does absolutely nothing 9.5 times out of 10. Sometimes I get the ball within, literally, one minute of giving it to them. Immediate three-and-outs, a number of INTs, and fumbles, etc. It's bizarre and frustrating because it makes the game too easy. My simmed defense holds Sam Bradford to under 80 yards passing. Tom Brady and the Patriots to under 130 total yards. I don't get it. I thought I could counteract this by turning up the difficulty, so I did. Nothing changed for the most part. The CPU is still utterly inept on offense.

Am I alone in experiencing this? Could it be that AZI has a much stouter defense than they lead on? :-P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Super-Sim, CCM, and the CPU's inability to score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alifeincomplete
So I'm doing a for-fun single player online CCM with myself as a QB for the Cardinals. What I have noticed is that the CPU, in every game, seems completely inept on offense. What do I mean? When I "sim to human controlled play," the CPU does absolutely nothing 9.5 times out of 10. Sometimes I get the ball within, literally, one minute of giving it to them. Immediate three-and-outs, a number of INTs, and fumbles, etc. It's bizarre and frustrating because it makes the game too easy. My simmed defense holds Sam Bradford to under 80 yards passing. Tom Brady and the Patriots to under 130 total yards. I don't get it. I thought I could counteract this by turning up the difficulty, so I did. Nothing changed for the most part. The CPU is still utterly inept on offense.

Am I alone in experiencing this? Could it be that AZI has a much stouter defense than they lead on? :-P
I am playing as a QB for Denver. Every year we have had the number one defense in every category by far. I have tried changing difficulty and sliders to no avail. Last year we went 13 and 3 and lost the superbowl. this year we are 13-0. It takes some of the fun out of the game when you are guaranteed a victory almost every game. My last ditch effort is going to be to sign with the worst team available, and hope that they are so incredible inept that the horrible super sim offense can compete.

If any one knows how to make the Supersim competitive please let me know.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by davideliasirwin
I am playing as a QB for Denver. Every year we have had the number one defense in every category by far. I have tried changing difficulty and sliders to no avail. Last year we went 13 and 3 and lost the superbowl. this year we are 13-0. It takes some of the fun out of the game when you are guaranteed a victory almost every game. My last ditch effort is going to be to sign with the worst team available, and hope that they are so incredible inept that the horrible super sim offense can compete.

If any one knows how to make the Supersim competitive please let me know.
I'm in the same boat. Playing with Colts, and the D is #1 in all categories. I just played the Pats and Brady threw for about 55 yards. Ugh.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #4
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Super sim issue it seems. At least it's not like in NCAA where the CPU scores in 3 players most of the time. Maybe if EA just slowed the dang super sim down it would have so many quick turnarounds and there would actually be long drives taking place.

I'd rather wait for super sim if it eats 6 minutes off the clock in the third, then have it go super quick and get the ball 45 seconds after I just punted it.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #5
Rookie

Not just you. The AI in this respect is totally messed up. The computer always plays like its up 20 points. Nothing but run plays and check downs. I played a game last night. Straight all-madden, 10 minute qtrs. Philly ran 39 times and Vick was 4-9 with 24 yards. I won 31-6. This is beyond stupid and needs to be fixed ASAP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #6
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
I'm surprised that super sim wasnt fix this year to go along side the CCM-Superstar mode.

-Juke
Old 09-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #7
Rookie

The CPU play calling is annoying... but as a defensive player (OLB) the lack of an accelerated clock in super sim is the worst. To get realistic defensive stats for my whole defensive team (tackles per game is the best indicator) I need to play 15 minute quarters, a full game. On All-Pro I can get a realistic total numbers of plays per game. I think it's pretty good playing defense, the CPU offense is good, lots of long drives mixed with 3 and outs. My CPU offense 'scores when the have to' it seems.

But regardless, even if my CPU offense has a long scoring drive, it takes like max 2 minutes off the clock. Thus in the end of the game there is an unrealistic time of possession discrepancy (42 to 18 mins), and thus more opportunities for the CPU to score. It's not a huge deal, but annoying. It makes you wonder if they even bother with play testers anymore.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #8
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

ive given up on "Realistic" stats as it takes too many quarters then too many points are scored, so ill go as close as possible'

but they need to fix the cpu playcalling, as that goes beyond just realistic tackle stats that we ALL gave up when assisted tackles were removed. this goes to the core of the game, you cant play the cpu, all madden is hilariously easy ONLY because of their playcalling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »