Home

Can't slap shot on true broadcast camera...

This is a discussion on Can't slap shot on true broadcast camera... within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
Yellow n Black

18 eighty 5's Arena

OVR: 16
Can't slap shot on true broadcast camera...

I am noticing a consistent inability to slap shot on the true broadcast camera angle on the demo. What I mean is, I am using the camera reative setting and when I wind up my guy just dangles. I can only shoot wrist shots. This is during a game. If I go into free skate the slap shot works fine.

Sometimes only left handers can slap shot but it is a real problem. Can anyone else confirm this is an issue? I am using true broadcast angle with camera relative setting for the controls (not always shoot up).

Thanks mates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
Rookie

kane06's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Can't slap shot on true broadcast camera...

They said in the demo live stream you needed to use the always up configuration in fact if you go back and watch it you will see them switch to that setting when playing on the true broadcast camera.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #3
Yellow n Black

18 eighty 5's Arena

OVR: 16

Thanks Kane. That settles it for the demo. Do you know if they will correct it for the retail copy?
Old 09-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #4
Rookie

kane06's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't think they will they were playing the full game during the live stream and would switch to the always up config. I think that is just how it will be used.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:19 AM   #5
Rookie

hmart's Arena

OVR: 10

I just actually posted a little blurb on the bug thread....

I can't make my own thread yet and it looks like I won't need to bother...

I love this TBC but they really didn't test this out properly, as ALL right handed shooters does not fit the TBC shooting algorhithm hence makes the game quite annoying...

I really didn't wanna and still don't wanna switch to "always up" setting to shoot... I've been using regular broadcast camera view for as long as I can remember and the whole concept of analog up/down to deke and left/right to slap shot has been ingrained in my brain... and I was sooo excited to try this out and only to find out it only works properly on left handed shooters only... try it guys... it only really properly works on left handed shooters and if you try the same motion for right handed shooters, it craps out and decides to do some backhand deke motion instead. I'm very disappointed that I have to resort to learning the always up mode instead of sticking to camera relative... I'm hoping this is something the dev can look into seriously and fix. It shouldn't be that hard could it??

Keep in mind that through some vigorous testing myself, this bug applies generally and almost exclusively with RIGHT handed shooters, as left/right cocking motion to slap shot on either ends of the ice does NOT work with them. I got the righties to slap shot on occasions where I have to do a very very slight precise motion of some angled up/down on the analog to get it to work, but it isn't even worth it because it's not consistent, nor do u have time to really think about what the exact angle is on the analog during in-game situations...

Please take this suggestion seriously and someone of power take this up to the devs for us... I'm suffering right now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2013, 07:11 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

whenever i use the broadcast cam, i just use the 3 button controls ala sega nhl 95. makes it much less confusing.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #7
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Yup, they messed it up. Added a much-needed new camera angle that looks so amazing, and then make it so difficult to use. Unbelievable. This series has been lacking proper controls for dekes and even decent head tracking of the puck for the players, things FIFA has had for years. The game is difficult to accept sometimes.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #8
Rookie

hmart's Arena

OVR: 10

Follow this link here for those who are interested in following my current complaint in regards to relative camera shooting mechanism bug apparent on TBC as I'm taking it up with EA directly:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9243782.page

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »